Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
mendoza10 said:
Henderson may probably be overall the better keeper, but he was put in the team for his distribution, which in my opinion is not any better than kuipers.

Id probably agree with most of that other than this. Kuipers distribution is utter wank, how many times has he put the ball out of play from a goal kick since he has been back playing.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
mendoza10 said:
totally agree

but you call yourself an outsider but with Member of the FDM fan club in your signature :jester:

Not just memeber, but,er, originator! But what I meant by 'outsider' is that I've been living outside of England for the past three years so have no commment on who is the better keeper between Kuipers and Henderson. Likewise I don't know how much abuse Henderson has been getting and how much support Kuipers has had. Going on the posts of NSC it would appear that there's trench warfare on the terraces but that could just be NSC...So, I'm looking at the situation as an 'outsider' who only has the bare facts of Henderson handing in transfer requests every time he gets dropped.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
Not just memeber, but,er, originator! But what I meant by 'outsider' is that I've been living outside of England for the past three years so have no commment on who is the better keeper between Kuipers and Henderson. Likewise I don't know how much abuse Henderson has been getting and how much support Kuipers has had. Going on the posts of NSC it would appear that there's trench warfare on the terraces but that could just be NSC...So, I'm looking at the situation as an 'outsider' who only has the bare facts of Henderson handing in transfer requests every time he gets dropped.

Just messing, most of the henderson slating is normally on here, the only time it has esculated to the terrace was at bournemouth - that mistake was bad, he knew it. the bournemouth fans sung dodgy keeper, the brighton fans joined in.
He was brave enough to walk over to the fans - with a push from Mayo and Butters, but he got booed, which was disgraceful

We know the argus look at this board, and maybe it is viewed by them as the voice of the fans - where in truth this is a minority of all brighton fans - so the news stories may build from whats written on here

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Da Man Clay said:
Id probably agree with most of that other than this. Kuipers distribution is utter wank, how many times has he put the ball out of play from a goal kick since he has been back playing.

Kuipers kicking is bad, but has improved greatly. Chesterfield he onlylooked bad cause he was kicking into a hurricane.

hendersons kicks always went out of play but further up the pitch, or his kicks were just huge and go straight to the opposition keeper

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A strange time to hand in a transfer request with the window fast closing, unless his agent has been sniffing about. One wonders if he is trying to unsettle him. He certainly gave us a run for our money when we first signed him.

I don't blame him for handing in a transfer request. Although, he does seem to be very young to expect to be in the Ireland setup. Perhaps Staunton has advised him to seek first team football...We will never know.

He is a decent keeper and only going to get better. It is a shame that he has never been accepted by a portion of the fans. Booing him was probably the last straw. Football is all about passion, teamwork and rapport with the fans. I wouldn't want to stick around if I was unappreciated by the fans.

Oh well. I hope Gatting is ready and raring to go. He will certainly need to be a lot more mobile to get on the end of FDMs punts.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
mendoza10 said:
Kuipers kicking is bad, but has improved greatly. Chesterfield he onlylooked bad cause he was kicking into a hurricane.

hendersons kicks always went out of play but further up the pitch, or his kicks were just huge and go straight to the opposition keeper

I dont recall many kicks going out with Henderson, However there is more to distribution than kicking and Hendo seems to want to get the ball out of his hands alot quicker than Kuipers.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Da Man Clay said:
I dont recall many kicks going out with Henderson, However there is more to distribution than kicking and Hendo seems to want to get the ball out of his hands alot quicker than Kuipers.

I would say watch and see, but i fear we wont get a chance. i think hendersons a great goalie, but his attitude is wrong and his mistakes always cost us. I think once he learns to command his area and tell the defence where they need to be he will be even better

on another note - you have hendersons gloves - last night or this morning did they start chucking your toys/computer games/pocessions around your room ? :jester: :jester:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Henderson's by far the better keeper and is only gonna get better. Even if he was having a shocking season it would still make sense to try and keep him happy being one of the very players of any real talent we have, when Kuipers when will be finished in a year or two

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well he's in the newly-announced Ireland squad - as indeed is Paul McShame my lord

Henderson (Brighton), Colgan (Barnsley), Randolph (Charlton), Finnan (Liverpool), Harte (Levante), McShane (West Brom), Dunne (Man City), Carr (Newcastle), O'Shea (Man Utd), Douglas (Leeds), Carsley (Everton), McGeady (Celtic), Duff (Newcastle), Kilbane (Wigan), Keane (Tottenham), Ireland (Man City), Gibson (Royal Antwerp), A Quinn (Sheff Utd), Keogh (Wolves), Hunt (Reading), Stokes (Sunderland), Elliott (Sunderland), S Quinn (Sheff Utd), Long (Reading).

At this stage in his career, Henderson patently does not want to be playing at Hassocks in the Sussex Senior Cup. That's no career path to the Baby Bentley. So he's probably right to want to move on.

It's perfectly possibly to be a great fan of Kuipers for his superior agility and command of his area while having absolutely no axe to grind with Henderson. While two clean sheets in League One for FDM may be a coincidence, you'd be a pretty stupid manager who would drop the keeper while that run lasts. As Henderson probably knows. So... if he wants to go, then goodbye and good luck.

And that Bournemouth booing will remain a disgraceful episode which shames the support. No two ways about it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Let Henderson go. No big loss. Kuipers is the better keeper. When did Henderson have two successive league clean sheets? We should get a fee for him though.

Bring in Blayney as back up if he has left Doncaster and is looking for a club.

Sorted.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
mendoza10 said:
I would say watch and see, but i fear we wont get a chance. i think hendersons a great goalie, but his attitude is wrong and his mistakes always cost us. I think once he learns to command his area and tell the defence where they need to be he will be even better

on another note - you have hendersons gloves - last night or this morning did they start chucking your toys/computer games/pocessions around your room ? :jester: :jester:

:lolol:

Luckily enough they are in a glass case and therefore cant cause any damage!

I agree that as soon as he learns that he will be a class goal keeper. Sadly it wont be with us.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
A big well done to everyone who booed him :clap: Happy now?
No, no-one is happy.

However, I find the reason - no, excuse - that it is the fans who have made him want to go utterly pathetic, and totally unprofessional. Blaming the fans is NEVER a way to endear yourself - irrespective of whether he's right or wrong.

If that was REALLY the case, why didn't he slap the transfer request in at the beginning of the month? It would have mattered not one jot that he was playing regularly - if he wanted to go, and couldn't bear the fans, he should have asked to go ages ago.

Look at the timing, it's all about because he was dropped. And he was dropped because he was seen to be a liability by the person who matters most - Dean Wilkins.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
Why would he want to stay for a club where the fans don't want him? :shootself

I'm sorry, but all the dicks who've abused him should be ashamed.

Good luck to him in the future, he's a bloody good keeper when people aren't on his back.

That's not to say that i'm not upset that he's not willing to stay and fight for his place (although with a day to go in the window, he might get a suprise opportunity if FDM gets injured), but i don't think he deserves to be forced out by fans:nono:

Agreed 100%

It's no wonder we struggle to attract players with the "support" we have at this club.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Schrödinger's Toad said:
Agreed 100%

It's no wonder we struggle to attract players with the "support" we have at this club.

Utter tosh .. we attract players if we pay the going rate and have half decent facilities or are attractive becuase of our league position .. a player wont make a decision on signing just becuase he might get booed by the crowd .. if that were the case every club wouldnt be signing players as they would be too sensitive to criticism

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, my opinion of Henderson has been lowered by this latest transfer request. He is a man who has the potential to be a very good goalkeeper, but he has to accept the fact that he isn't the finished article yet, and also that his place in ANY side is never going to be 100% certain.

Lets face it, he has never quite won over the majority of the fans for the simple reason that he has been very slow to eradicate the flaws in his game, and he has never achieved the levels of consistency that we are used to from goalkeepers at this club (Digweed, Keeley, Beeney, and yes, Kuipers, et al). The recent criticism is justified because he has cost us points, he was dropped because of those mistakes - not because of the fans.

The best way for him to silence the boo-boys is to work on his game, and fight for his place - 'cos Kuipers isn't just going to give it back!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
algie said:

Darren Currie...
Ipswich want a small fee for the 32-year-old midfielder and Millwall are also among the clubs after him

We have £150k from sale of Kazim-Richards.. surely the 'small fee' isn't this high? Or am I being naiive?

Maybe we are waiting for Hendo's fee to turn up before splashing out?

Sad state of events all 'round really...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here