Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
chez said:
Thats a very naive thing to say, and I dont for a minute thing you or anyone else believes it. I would say 90% of the people cheering for Kipper do it purely to get at Hendo.
WRONG.

Having said that, your agenda regarding this subject is well noted, so I won't take that post too seriously.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
algie said:
If Ipswich are asking for a small fee why not pay it?
They wanted £75k off Covvers, I'd think that wuld have gone down a bit? We can afford that, can't we?? :down:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:

I never heard any Brighton fans shouting 'dodgy keeper' at Bournemouth, though I heard plenty of Bournemouth fans chanting. And, if that REALLY is the case (highly unlikely though it is), does imply he cannot take criticism from his own supporters and is incredibly thin-skinned.

You must be deaf.:)

And surely you must appreciate why a player doesn't take critisicm like that from his own fans, when it was for something that he couldn't have done anything about?!?! It's unfair treatment that results FROM the worship of Kuipers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
WRONG.

Having said that, your agenda regarding this subject is well noted, so I won't take that post too seriously.

I would. It agrees with my opinion.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Large One said:
Of course it's deliberate, fans like to cheer on their own heroes. Heaven forfend the day they're not allowed to.

Is it a deliberate ploy to upset Henderson? Of course not.

Yeah but you can bet your bottom dollar that if I went to the next game at Withdean (something that I doubt I'll ever do again) and chanted for Mark McGhee to come back I'd be told to shut up and back Wilkins. You cant change the rules just coz it suits you.

Tonight I'm ashamed of fans that call themselves supporters of this club. Shame on the lot of you. :nono: :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:

Is it a deliberate ploy to upset Henderson? Of course not.

Bollocks.

Had you ever heard a chorus of "Brighton's number one" 'towards' Kuipers before this season?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
Fans hailing Michel Kuipers does NOT mean they are getting on Henderson's back. The two are totally separate issues.

I never heard any Brighton fans shouting 'dodgy keeper' at Bournemouth, though I heard plenty of Bournemouth fans chanting. And, if that REALLY is the case (highly unlikely though it is), does imply he cannot take criticism from his own supporters and is incredibly thin-skinned.

Al, may I suggest very sincerely that you have a hearing test.

I lost my temper with a fan nearby who was hurling vitriolic abuse at Henderson. It's the only time I have ever lost it at a match but Henderson didn't deserve that.
He slipped in terrible weather - he didn't kill anyone.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
chez said:
Tonight I'm ashamed of fans that call themselves supporters of this club. Shame on the lot of you. :nono: :nono:
But abandoning the club because of a change of manager or GOALKEEPER is ok?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
cjd said:
Your generalisation above is offensive.

As regards Henderson, he,s now been dropped twice by Wilkins, and now twice he,s handed in a transfer request. In all the years I watched the Albion, I watched many, many players get abuse from some sections of the crowd....far too many to mention them all. But in the last few years.....look at Guy Butters....Charlie Oatway......Richard carpenter........even our present manager Dean Wilkins. Did they throw a hissy fit and ask for a transfer when dropped...???. the answer is....NO ! They used their character and determination to win their places back......something a professional footballer needs if he,s going to succeed. Henderson continually whinged at aston Villa, and he,s consistently whinged at Brighton. The only thing that,s pissed me off about him, is that he,s left it until now....with one day left of the transfer window. Bloody good riddance when he goes.

How many of those were playing international football out of curiosity? All international players need to be playing first team football. Id be doing the exact same as him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
You must be deaf.:)

And surely you must appreciate why a player doesn't take critisicm like that from his own fans, when it was for something that he couldn't have done anything about?!?! It's unfair treatment that results FROM the worship of Kuipers.
No, it was from the worshippers of BRIGHTON.

Of course he could have done something about that situation. I assume you were there, you'd have seen what happened. Row Z was where he should have planted it, or even the halfway line, but he decided to be clever. Even when he slipped he coud have done something about it.

All I'd say is I've heard Kerry Mayo take far more grief in one game from the Brighton fans than Henderson ever has.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Large One said:

Of course he could have done something about that situation. I assume you were there, you'd have seen what happened. Row Z was where he should have planted it, or even the halfway line, but he decided to be clever. Even when he slipped he coud have done something about it.

All I'd say is I've heard Kerry Mayo take far more grief in one game from the Brighton fans than Henderson ever has.

Utter bollocks. I dont recall Mayo being booed by his own fans after having the decency to go over to them following a mistake.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
chez said:
I'd rather miss a few matches than go there angry and maybe force someone out of their job by abusing them and praising their direct rival just top get at them. Maybe thats just me.
I'd rather do neither.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:

:drink: You must have had a few of them at Bournmouth. This is why he wants to leave, its coz he cant do anything right in some people from Brightons eyes - what choice has he got.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:

Nonsense. You've already said you didn't hear the biggest chant after that match.
Soccer AM showed goalkeeping slips all on the same day (in the same lousy weather) the following Saturday. Hendo was just one of 5 that did exactly the same thing.
I'd like to have seen you keep on your feet out there.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:

So a player is trying to 'be clever' in taking a touch to CONTROL the ball?! Sweet Jesus!

I accept, i've heard Mayo take grief. However, i've not heard him take it from the MAJORITY, but i've not heard him take it in RIDICULOUS situtations that are not his fault!

I can't imagine that Mayo would be wanted at many other clubs either, or that he has an international place on the line.

If it was you, would you stick around at Brighton being abused, or move on, with a chance to play for your COUNTRY?:shootself

chez

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Yes, but he is blind to it. Even you rate Kuipers as a decent keeper - at least I think you do. He doesn't.

He's an OK keeper, nowhere near Henderson & nowhere good enough for Brighton but he's an OK keeper. I dont hate the bloke and in a way I feel sorry for him coz he's gonna end up being hated by the clubs own fans through no dault of his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here