Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
With no immediate prospect of returning to the side and sections of supporters constantly on his back, Henderson has decided his future lies elsewhere.

What an extremely brainless, stupid and plain wrong thing for Andy Naylor to write. What the f*** does Naylor hear that the rest of us can't? The only grief I've heard Henderson receive was the disgraceful booing after the Bournemouth game. But that's hardly 'constantly'.

Henderson going off the pitch at half time and Michel walking on to warm up to cheers and Michel Kuipers chants etc etc.
I've heard it a few times and at away matches too.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Cant blame him. I know I wouldnt want to play for Brighton with the disgraceful fans we have. He'll go on to become a world class keeper and the numbnuts that will have forced him out of Brighton will still insist that they were right.

And people wonder why we cant sign anyone!!

WAKE UP, ITS BECAUSE OF THE FANS.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
I'm not saying his international career isn't anything to do with it. But he's been treated appallingly

Why would he stay? He's not in the team, and should he return to the team the fans would be on his back? Even if he was playing, he won't be at his best in those circumstances. He's better off elsewhere.
BY WHOM?

Anyhoo, he's picked a silly time to hand in a transfer request. He may go on loan somewhere, but he's left it late for a permanent move.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
algie said:
Why would he stay? He's not in the team

So any player who gets dropped can just ask for a transfer then?

Yes. Leon did.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Withdean Wanderer said:
Supporters - Pricks

Your generalisation above is offensive.

As regards Henderson, he,s now been dropped twice by Wilkins, and now twice he,s handed in a transfer request. In all the years I watched the Albion, I watched many, many players get abuse from some sections of the crowd....far too many to mention them all. But in the last few years.....look at Guy Butters....Charlie Oatway......Richard carpenter........even our present manager Dean Wilkins. Did they throw a hissy fit and ask for a transfer when dropped...???. the answer is....NO ! They used their character and determination to win their places back......something a professional footballer needs if he,s going to succeed. Henderson continually whinged at aston Villa, and he,s consistently whinged at Brighton. The only thing that,s pissed me off about him, is that he,s left it until now....with one day left of the transfer window. Bloody good riddance when he goes.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
BY WHOM?

Anyhoo, he's picked a silly time to hand in a transfer request. He may go on loan somewhere, but he's left it late for a permanent move.
If he goes on loan then he will get match practise and be able to play for Ireland in February.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Large One said:
BY WHOM?

First time i have agreed with you Allan.Don't make a habbit of it though:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:
With no immediate prospect of returning to the side and sections of supporters constantly on his back, Henderson has decided his future lies elsewhere.

What an extremely brainless, stupid and plain wrong thing for Andy Naylor to write. What the f*** does Naylor hear that the rest of us can't? The only grief I've heard Henderson receive was the disgraceful booing after the Bournemouth game. But that's hardly 'constantly'.

I heard him being called a range of expletives at the Millwall game and at the Carlisle game at least 4 people near me were shouting at his penalty efforts.

That, combined with the 'Brightons number one' chant at Michel, suggests that the fans are on his back.

And it wasn't just booing at Bournemouth. It was chants of 'dodgy keeper' from his own 'fans':nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yorkie said:
Henderson going off the pitch at half time and Michel walking on to warm up to cheers and Michel Kuipers chants etc etc.
I've heard it a few times and at away matches too.
Sorry, where within that statement is the phrase, or the connotation 'Henderson was treated badly'?

Kuipers being feted a hero does NOT mean Henderson is being treated badly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Inevitable really, he's a good keeper but with the Ireland situation and the "supporters" that give him stick it's obvious that he wasn't going to be happy playing second fiddle.

I'm sure the Kuipers vs Henderson battle lines will be drawn again :lolol: but it was the correct decision imo to bring Kuipers back at the time we did, just as it was the last time. Henderson is a good keeper, the better keeper on top of his game but in his time here he hasn't produced it anywhere near regularly enough, especially not this season.
I can't see Championship clubs beating down our door to sign him, I wonder where he will go? Hopefully we can get a decent fee if someone does come in.

The Currie news doesn't sound promising. :down: :down: :down:

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Inevitable really, he's a good keeper but with the Ireland situation and the "supporters" that give him stick it's obvious that he wasn't going to be happy playing second fiddle.

I'm sure the Kuipers vs Henderson battle lines will be drawn again :lolol: but it was the correct decision imo to bring Kuipers back at the time we did, just as it was the last time. Henderson is a good keeper, the better keeper on top of his game but in his time here he hasn't produced it anywhere near regularly enough, especially not this season.
I can't see Championship clubs beating down our door to sign him, I wonder where he will go? Hopefully we can get a decent fee if someone does come in.

Currie isnt the priority now, if Henderson goes then we need a keeper!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Silent Bob said:

Well we never thought CKR would go to a premiership side so you never know

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
Sorry, where within that statement is the phrase, or the connotation 'Henderson was treated badly'?

It was done deliberately imo.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
cjd said:

As regards Henderson, he,s now been dropped twice by Wilkins, and now twice he,s handed in a transfer request. In all the years I watched the Albion, I watched many, many players get abuse from some sections of the crowd....far too many to mention them all. But in the last few years.....look at Guy Butters....Charlie Oatway......Richard carpenter........even our present manager Dean Wilkins. Did they throw a hissy fit and ask for a transfer when dropped...???. the answer is....NO ! They used their character and determination to win their places back......something a professional footballer needs if he,s going to succeed. Henderson continually whinged at aston Villa, and he,s consistently whinged at Brighton. The only thing that,s pissed me off about him, is that he,s left it until now....with one day left of the transfer window. Bloody good riddance when he goes.
About right.

And at EVERY SINGLE CLUB there are an element of fans that will get on players backs, every one.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Ipswich are asking for a small fee why not pay it?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
That, combined with the 'Brightons number one' chant at Michel, suggests that the fans are on his back.

And it wasn't just booing at Bournemouth. It was chants of 'dodgy keeper' from his own 'fans':nono:
Fans hailing Michel Kuipers does NOT mean they are getting on Henderson's back. The two are totally separate issues.

I never heard any Brighton fans shouting 'dodgy keeper' at Bournemouth, though I heard plenty of Bournemouth fans chanting. And, if that REALLY is the case (highly unlikely though it is), does imply he cannot take criticism from his own supporters and is incredibly thin-skinned.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:

Thats a very naive thing to say, and I dont for a minute thing you or anyone else believes it. I would say 90% of the people cheering for Kipper do it purely to get at Hendo.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
cjd said:

Words of wisdom:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here