Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Liverpool fielded a stronger side in the FA CUP...they were clearly up for it....and u say we did much better in the carling cup...were u there?...we were lucky to b only one nil down at halftime....yes we did much better in the 2nd half than in this one...but don't give me this bit about no heart...u clearly weren't at the burnley game

No mate I wasnt there I was elsewhere

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liverpool fielded a stronger side in the FA CUP...they were clearly up for it....and u say we did much better in the carling cup...were u there?...we were lucky to b only one nil down at halftime....yes we did much better in the 2nd half than in this one...but don't give me this bit about no heart...u clearly weren't at the burnley game

Maybe smoke grenade is southern sid who was 'banned' and not able to go to those games?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Get over yourself. It's the club he supported as a boy, still supports them and the 'This Is Anfield' sign is the most iconic thing for LFC supporters to have their pictures taken with.

Including yourself!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't like slagging off our players but Noone hardly seem to move when on the edge of the box for the pen. Maybe it's just me but i always would follow in the oppositions pens in as you could just clear a rebound.
As i have stated to all the Sussex scousers i know "you were always going to win well when it was 13 against 9 players".

I could be harsh in saying that, but we got well beat and i am suffering and i didn't even travel there.

Feb 14, 2010
Remember Tony Adams getting the eeaww stuff.
But found the "does the boyfriend know you're here", to the streaker, hilarious.
Was surprised at the obsession with Carroll & Suarez dominating the chants, completely surpassing time on pro-Albion songs. Not like it was CPFC or another club/player who'd crossed the Albion.
The 'humour'/attempt to put off, failed as they helped themselves to goals in the rout.

Perhaps because we did little attacking, there was little to cheer about.

The Albion fans have always looked to find a comedy villain for the day, no matter what division we have played in and so Liverpool was no different. Both home and away. Do you remember the "One Mrs Morley" chant at West Ham? That was probably my all time favourite but it used to be a weekly sport. Carroll & Suarez were the obvious easy targets. Simple really.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Exactly. Navs said, quite rightly, that he'd always be a Liverpool fan except for the two hours at Anfield on Sunday. Personally I'm glad they're genuine football fans rather than money-mad tossers like some Premier League players.

Well said.

Why on earth a footballer should respect a nobody such as me is frankly absurd. Nooney and Navs are local lads, they formerly played for the likes of Macclesfield and Skelmersdale, and they now find themselves at Anfield, must be a dream come true, and it shows that they are proper fans, not money grabbing no marks like most footballers in the Prem.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crazy Gang was in a past era, where they'd all be serving lengthy bans now.

The thuggery handed out to Gary Mabbutts eye socket, Gascoigne, Gary Stevens, etc ... would never be accepted now. Thank Christ.
Allowing the likes of Modric, Bent, Giggs, McManaman, Owen & Co to improve top flight football for the better, as gifted players are protected now.

If we'd hacked down LFC players in that second half, we'd finished with 8 men. With a devastating effect on coming league games.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You would have agreed with the OP if it was Man Utd we were talking about rather than your beloved Liverpool.

Goes without saying.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I read an article from someone's paper on the way up to Anfield, about Navarro and his time at Liverpool youth. He had already played at Anfield during that time so was hardly likely to be star struck. Nooney may have been but Navs was on their books and as I stated earlier grew up with Gerrard through the youth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Albion fans have always looked to find a comedy villain for the day, no matter what division we have played in and so Liverpool was no different. Both home and away. Do you remember the "One Mrs Morley" chant at West Ham? That was probably my all time favourite but it used to be a weekly sport. Carroll & Suarez were the obvious easy targets. Simple really.

Whilst ditching the pro Albion songs which have rung out from the masses at many Amex & Withdean games over the last 2 years.

The stand up if you 'ate Palace, if you look around is getting less and less participants. Simply boring really.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Who cares if they had photos taken, it isnt every day that we get to visit Anfield. Noone is a born Liverpool fan and you cant blame him for wanting a photo and Navarro is an ex-Liverpool trainee so thats understandable.

With those mentioning Clough, Paisley etc - WAKE UP !!! It isnt the 70's and 80's anymore and having photos, swapping shirts etc is acceptable and doesnt make you soft, some of the biggest clubs in the world do it. Seems as if the photos are being used as an excuse for the defeat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Who cares if they had photos taken, it isnt every day that we get to visit Anfield. Noone is a born Liverpool fan and you cant blame him for wanting a photo and Navarro is an ex-Liverpool trainee so thats understandable.

With those mentioning Clough, Paisley etc - WAKE UP !!! It isnt the 70's and 80's anymore and having photos, swapping shirts etc is acceptable and doesnt make you soft, some of the biggest clubs in the world do it. Seems as if the photos are being used as an excuse for the defeat.

b kind ..some like working whatever is stuck in a time warp lol

Feb 14, 2010
Whilst ditching the pro Albion songs which have rung out from the masses at many Amex & Withdean games over the last 2 years.

The stand up if you 'ate Palace, if you look around is getting less and less participants. Simply boring really.

I never like the "stand up if you." chant. Agree its a poor one. Much prefer the old school "Hark now hear, the Brighton sing, the palace run away, again..". Always a classic. Used to be lots of anti palace stuff when I was a youngster all pretty good stuff. I used to like the countdown to the fixture... "..5 weeks to palace..there's only..".

However the picking on a player, or linesman, or referee or a fan in the crowd is all the fun of the fare. In fact picking on other fans is the best. Peter Beale's at west ham, or "have you ever seen your dick at the fat millwall fan who then moved after the girls in front of him turned around and laughed, all the way through to "Who's the prat in the stupid hat" is all good fun. Comedy villains for the day is what football is all about. Cant take it too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here