Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wonder if the players asked for autographs before the game as well as hugging Gerrard on the pitch? Never seen such a bunch of grovelling, soft, happy clapper players in my life. Still expect Gus has sorted them out for Hull.

Navarro must have got Gerrard's autograph before the game. Because he never got close enough to him after that.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
He just had his picture taken by the sign-you really need to let him enjoy a moment he'll probably never repeat in his lifetime.

If he's that good a supporter, and Scouser, shirley he would have had his pic by the sign already.

Turns out that Nooney is a proper plastic with us by all accounts.

Gus, get back on the phone to Cardiff, and take it.

Wear the stripes with pride, or piss off.

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
We have got to be the softest club around

Millwall would of got falmer within a year of applying.....

Most others within 2

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get over yourself. It's the club he supported as a boy, still supports them and the 'This Is Anfield' sign is the most iconic thing for LFC supporters to have their pictures taken with.

Is the intelligent answer.

Well done to the Albion boys who gave there all including Noone & Navarro. Just undone in the end by class over 90 minutes.

The trip cost me a alot of money, but I'm so glad I went. Had a fantastic weekend in a true football city.

Noone & Co feel proud of yourselves, and thank you for your loyalty in not moving to £ Cardiff. You owe us nothing.

Feb 14, 2010
As well as autographs, photographs and group hugs I wonder if our players had a nice sing song of "You'll never walk alone" with their bestest buddies who humiliated them on national tv as well.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Now I know it was a big day for the lad, supporting the club as a boy etc etc and by all means take some photo's for the family album and memories etc.
But as a lifelong Brighton fan, I find it a bit of a joke that a Brighton and Hove Albion player tweets a photo of himself with another clubs sign, shortly after being thrashed 6-1....6,000 people travelled half the country on Sunday, spending hundreds of pounds in very hard times....I'm really pleased Noone had a great day, with his hero's..We are Brighton not f***ing Hastings Utd, Craig!!!!!!

I don't get this sudden mentality thats started to creep in since the new ground opened in that we shouldn't do this or we should do that because otherwise we might appear small time - Who the hell do you think we are? Real Madrid or a Barcelona or something? Where has this snobbery come from?

We played a team where the 2 strikers cost Liverpool a total of £57.8 million to bring to the club (£22.8 million for Suarez and £35 million for Caroll) and our defence that faced them cost us just £250,000 (Greer= £250,000 Dunk = Youth, El-Abd = Youth, Calderon = Free, Brezovan = Free)

These players may never get the chance to play at Anfield again, they probably may never play in a major cup final or play in the Champions League and some may never get to play at a higher level than they currently play (who knows for sure) So i for one don't begrudge them the opportunity to enjoy a trip to what is likely to be a peak in their playing career, what do you think they should do? - wait to do that sort of thing on their next trip?

I bet that have been far more famous football players that have had their photo taken with the 'This is Anfield' sign, why shouldn't our players do it too?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As well as autographs, photographs and group hugs I wonder if our players had a nice sing song of "You'll never walk alone" with their bestest buddies who humiliated them on national tv as well.

I so agree with this. I don't want to come across as a moody bastard but i've had visions all day of Vinnie Jones telling Steve McMahon he is going to rip his head off and spit down the hole....and after the game Vinnie saying "we won that match in the tunnel"...nice guy's win f*** all.

Feb 14, 2010
Is the intelligent answer.

Well done to the Albion boys who gave there all including Noone & Navarro. Just undone in the end by class over 90 minutes.

The trip cost me a alot of money, but I'm so glad I went. Had a fantastic weekend in a true football city.

Noone & Co feel proud of yourselves, and thank you for your loyalty in not moving to £ Cardiff. You owe us nothing.

Mate, its not the fact they lost, its the grovelling attitude and group hugs with players that humiliated them on national tv that is just not on. I also dont recall one juicy tackle being put in either. As for thanking someone on a big salary for not moving then really mate, we owe him nothing and us him nothing. He didnt move because he didnt fancy it or the deal didnt work for him. Doesnt excuse the snivelling soft scenes of Sunday.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Get over yourself. It's the club he supported as a boy, still supports them and the 'This Is Anfield' sign is the most iconic thing for LFC supporters to have their pictures taken with.

Defo this

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
He's a Liverpool fan who's playing for Brighton. He quite clearly loves playing for Brighton and Hove Albion but let's just repeat for clarity, HE SUPPORTS LIVERPOOL. He's from Liverpool and has gone to Anfield probably hundreds of times to watch his hero's. How many times has he been able to play there in the past, let alone a televised f.a cup 5th round game inside a packed ground. And he could face the very real prospect ( as all sportsmen face wether it be through injury or something else) that it may not ever happen again.
Leave the lad alone and let him enjoy his moment.

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't get this sudden mentality thats started to creep in since the new ground opened in that we shouldn't do this or we should do that because otherwise we might appear small time - Who the hell do you think we are? Real Madrid or a Barcelona or something? Where has this snobbery come from?

We played a team where the 2 strikers cost Liverpool a total of £57.8 million to bring to the club (£22.8 million for Suarez and £35 million for Caroll) and our defence that faced them cost us just £250,000 (Greer= £250,000 Dunk = Youth, El-Abd = Youth, Calderon = Free, Brezovan = Free)

These players may never get the chance to play at Anfield again, they probably may never play in a major cup final or play in the Champions League and some may never get to play at a higher level than they currently play (who knows for sure) So i for one don't begrudge them the opportunity to enjoy a trip to what is likely to be a peak in their playing career, what do you think they should do? - wait to do that sort of thing on their next trip?

I bet that have been far more famous football players that have had their photo taken with the 'This is Anfield' sign, why shouldn't our players do it too?

Intelligent comment, unlike the anti-Noone & Navarro tripe. They gave their all whilst playing.

But before and after the game, they are not going to forget the passion in their lives for the club of their childhood & beyond.

It must have been an amazing dream come true, especially after the setbacks & hard paths they have taken to become pro footballers.

I'm glad they are with the Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Your reasonable post stands out like a shining beacon in this joke of a thread. Navarro and Gerrard grew up together in the Liverpool youth, that's why they 'hugged'

Feb 14, 2010
I so agree with this. I don't want to come across as a moody bastard but i've had visions all day of Vinnie Jones telling Steve McMahon he is going to rip his head off and spit down the hole....and after the game Vinnie saying "we won that match in the tunnel"...nice guy's win f*** all.

Spot on. The "oh you are so wonderful Liverpool" was cringeworthy. Clough would not have stood for it and the crazy gang dumped water over them. The players let themselves down, not by losing but by their grovelling attitude.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
can someone ban this user he is f***ing annoying can he just go away or something

Amen - A twat of the highest order. The fact the club just turned down an offer which would have been our fourth ever largest transfer out shows how shit he is.

What's the problem as long as the players 'put it in' on the pitch they are entitled to enjoy all the trimmings that come with being a professional footballer.

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Look at this when we played liverpool at the amex we done well

We play liverpool at anfield we get hammered because the players were over whelmed, and were beat before the game had started. IMO that is not on. No heart no character

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We have got to be the softest club around

Millwall would of got falmer within a year of applying.....Most others within 2

That would probably be because of all the waste ground and therefore available empty sites for a ground to be built on, it has nothing to do with 'being soft' or do you think we should have gone round beating up politicians and MPs to get planning permission sooner for a build on pretty much a green field site on the edge of a proposed national park? A site we chose because of a real lack of viable and affordable sites in the Brighton area. Millwall or even Manchester United would have struggled to get permission for Falmer.

Feb 14, 2010
Your reasonable post stands out like a shining beacon in this joke of a thread. Navarro and Gerrard grew up together in the Liverpool youth, that's why they 'hugged'

Have you ever played sport to any level mate? Loom at cricket, a fast bowler might be mates with a batsman, but he still wants to knock his head off. The even hugged during the game, and yknow, I expect players to be a bit cheesed off after getting humiliated on national tv, not taking photographs and having a cuddle.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This thread is a f***ing joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here