Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I haven't read the whole thread but I'd like to think that if I was a player on Sunday I'd have been down the tunnel after a quick handshake. The last thing I'd want, even as a fan of Liverpool, would be a shirt as a memento or a picture. Even 10 years down the line it would still hurt when I dug them out. "Look at this this guys, taken when my team got thrashed 6-1 at Liverpool, and we scored three of the goals" . Fan or not I'd have been embarrassed at the end and not running around hugging and posing :shrug:

Most sensible post yet. Could understand Noone and Navarro's reaction if it was a narrow defeat but it was a comical whitewash in the end and the players should be slightly embarrassed, not proud, of being involved in a 6-1 hammering.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez they are young lads bought up in Liverpool,does it really matter that they have a photo taken by the sign...as long as they give all for Albion on the pitch which they are paid to do, I don't give a gnats knacker if they had a photo taken anywhere!

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I'm gettin slowly detached from the fans at this club or maybe i need to grow a thicker skin, where has this big club mentality from a large base of our fans come from? we are still little Brighton no matter how much people don't like it 20k average in a new stadium at a higher level doesn't change that, maybe 5-10 years in a row but not one season

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I guess we've just got to accept the fact that a few people on here aren't happy unless they've got something to whinge about.

Yeah, we were defeated by Liverpool because Noone had his picture taken next to an iconic sign belonging to the team he supports. Crack on lads, you're putting the world to rights.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are NOT a big club. FACT. Before this weekend when was the last time we played Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal in a competitive fixture?

I have no issue with some of our players treating it as a big day out, Noone & Navarro especially being life long fans, growing up locally, Navarro going through their youth setup. Deal with it, we are a 2nd/3rd division club, and we played one of the most history rich clubs in England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here