Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
El P, we all know they won the European Cup 5 times when they were good in the 70's & 80's. Some might also know that Liverpool used to be a second division club in the 60s. But neither is the point. Clough would not have tolerated a "lets all have a lovely day trip attitude", neither would Ferguson and neither should have Poyet. But we learn, and move on.

I tend to agree with that. I can't help feeling that Gus had some sort of hidden agenda over the whole match. He just did not appear to care like he usually does. He played a dangerous game by fielding and out and out attacking team (unlike him). Maybe he was trying to make a point about how far we still need to progress to get extra funds from TB or something? I don't think Noone should have been played, like Wing after similarly pathetic comments about Villa before we played them.

To those of you saying it was ok to have the photo taken, I agree with you. BUT he should have kept it away from the media.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Now I know it was a big day for the lad, supporting the club as a boy etc etc and by all means take some photo's for the family album and memories etc.
But as a lifelong Brighton fan, I find it a bit of a joke that a Brighton and Hove Albion player tweets a photo of himself with another clubs sign, shortly after being thrashed 6-1....6,000 people travelled half the country on Sunday, spending hundreds of pounds in very hard times....I'm really pleased Noone had a great day, with his hero's..We are Brighton not f***ing Hastings Utd, Craig!!!!!!
100% agree... makes us look totally mickey mouse

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I have no problem with him taking the picture, just don't think he should posted it on twitter.
Let's not forget at 60 mins we were only 3-1 down, then decided to throw more people forward leading to the rout.
The crazy gang were considered a small club with a few characters.
Anyway tonight is what matters now.

Sopt on

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Christ almighty, give the kid a break !!! I wish I could get my picture taken alongside the Anfield sign !! How iconic is that ? Craig's a great lad who has contributed an awful lot to our success this season. He's also one of the most exciting prospects we have. So, he's a Liverpool fanatic. Of course he is, he grew up down the road and it was probably a lifelong ambition to play at Anfield. Well, he has, albeit for Brighton and good for him. If he helps us get promotion then maybe he'll play there again. I for one, certainly hopes he will.
Get real folks and stop being so moronic about a young kid fulfilling a dream !!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Christ almighty, give the kid a break !!! I wish I could get my picture taken alongside the Anfield sign !! How iconic is that ? Craig's a great lad who has contributed an awful lot to our success this season. He's also one of the most exciting prospects we have. So, he's a Liverpool fanatic. Of course he is, he grew up down the road and it was probably a lifelong ambition to play at Anfield. Well, he has, albeit for Brighton and good for him. If he helps us get promotion then maybe he'll play there again. I for one, certainly hopes he will.
Get real folks and stop being so moronic about a young kid fulfilling a dream !!

That just about sums up how small time some of our so called "fans" are! The "young kid" is a professional footballer being paid to do a job. Not behave like a swooning tart!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That just about sums up how small time some of our so called "fans" are! The "young kid" is a professional footballer being paid to do a job. Not behave like a swooning tart!

Remember 1984's cup tie against Liverpool, scouser and Liverpool legend didn't start kissing Souness and taking his picture but nearly broke his f***ing leg and put him out of the game which we went onto win.

Now we have f***ing tarts taking pictures and swopping shirts instead of doing the job they're paid to.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Remember 1984's cup tie against Liverpool, scouser and Liverpool legend didn't start kissing Souness and taking his picture but nearly broke his f***ing leg and put him out of the game which we went onto win.

Now we have f***ing tarts taking pictures and swopping shirts instead of doing the job they're paid to.

Good idea, in 2012 it would have been a straight red and 3 LEAGUE games missing, smashing

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Now I know it was a big day for the lad, supporting the club as a boy etc etc and by all means take some photo's for the family album and memories etc.
But as a lifelong Brighton fan, I find it a bit of a joke that a Brighton and Hove Albion player tweets a photo of himself with another clubs sign, shortly after being thrashed 6-1....6,000 people travelled half the country on Sunday, spending hundreds of pounds in very hard times....I'm really pleased Noone had a great day, with his hero's..We are Brighton not f***ing Hastings Utd, Craig!!!!!!

What a pathetic thread!

This is primary school playground stuff. Grow up!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Personally if i was a professional footballer playing at the amex - i would have taken a picture of myself in the tunnel at the amex as brighton is the club i have supported man and boy etc - no problem with him taking a picture good on the lad.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
This thread is f*cking small time.

As for what Ferguson or Clough would have expected, who cares? They were/are two of the biggest tosspots in football.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Yes I agree that noone's livepool love in was a bit cringy, but I can understand it to a point. As brighton fans, we find it hard to understand that someone can love another club more (or even the same as) our beloved seagulls. If one of us played for a lower league club and we drew brighton away in the cup, im sure that we would be very excited about going to the amex, even if the gulf between our two clubs wasnt that big.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread but I'd like to think that if I was a player on Sunday I'd have been down the tunnel after a quick handshake. The last thing I'd want, even as a fan of Liverpool, would be a shirt as a memento or a picture. Even 10 years down the line it would still hurt when I dug them out. "Look at this this guys, taken when my team got thrashed 6-1 at Liverpool, and we scored three of the goals" . Fan or not I'd have been embarrassed at the end and not running around hugging and posing :shrug:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
hermits1.jpg

Can't believe this picture either! ;)

BHAFANS

Jul 27, 2011
Middleton
completely agree with u

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The sour grapes about the 6-1 thread continues. Hilarious.
Irrational attempt to blame the thrashing by far better players playing at home ... on Noone & Navarro.
(Just like Jimmy Case & Jimmy Melia, they too would have loved to have caused a shock & won. This time, class told).

Some failing to move on.

Feb 14, 2010
The sour grapes about the 6-1 thread continues. Hilarious.

When all you have is insults then that does not say much for your viewpoint. Its not sour grapes, read the thread. People make valid points. Ferguson, the crazy gang nor Clough would have turned up for some grovelling day out. They would have turned up to try and win, and if not win, be as much of a pain in the arse as possible. Our players turned up for a photograph and a hug and they got what they deserved. The club and Poyet must make sure it doesn't happen again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here