Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

Feb 14, 2010
Who cares if they had photos taken, it isnt every day that we get to visit Anfield. Noone is a born Liverpool fan and you cant blame him for wanting a photo and Navarro is an ex-Liverpool trainee so thats understandable.

With those mentioning Clough, Paisley etc - WAKE UP !!! It isnt the 70's and 80's anymore and having photos, swapping shirts etc is acceptable and doesnt make you soft, some of the biggest clubs in the world do it. Seems as if the photos are being used as an excuse for the defeat.

No mate, the players turned up for a day trip and they got what they deserved. Not professional, not good enough. They should take the flak, learn and move on.

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
I never like the "stand up if you." chant. Agree its a poor one. Much prefer the old school "Hark now hear, the Brighton sing, the palace run away, again..". Always a classic. Used to be lots of anti palace stuff when I was a youngster all pretty good stuff. I used to like the countdown to the fixture... "..5 weeks to palace..there's only..".

However the picking on a player, or linesman, or referee or a fan in the crowd is all the fun of the fare. In fact picking on other fans is the best. Peter Beale's at west ham, or "have you ever seen your dick at the fat millwall fan who then moved after the girls in front of him turned around and laughed, all the way through to "Who's the prat in the stupid hat" is all good fun. Comedy villains for the day is what football is all about. Cant take it too seriously.

This board and serious who would of thought WCP....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No, they are professionals and we were totally outclassed because we didnt play well against what was a full-strength Liverpool team.

Don't be daft-we lost 'cos Noone had his picture taken by a sign. Don't you know nuffing?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Well said.

Why on earth a footballer should respect a nobody such as me is frankly absurd. Nooney and Navs are local lads, they formerly played for the likes of Macclesfield and Skelmersdale, and they now find themselves at Anfield, must be a dream come true, and it shows that they are proper fans, not money grabbing no marks like most footballers in the Prem.

Proper fans I understand and fully respect, which undoubtedly Nooney is.

But when one of our players. however much of a 'proper fan', becomes so sycophantic about 'his' team ( not BHA ) before we're going to play them, whilst we are paying him for a bloody good lifestyle doesn't sit right with me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Proper fans I understand and fully respect, which undoubtedly Nooney is.

But when one of our players. however much of a 'proper fan', becomes so sycophantic about 'his' team ( not BHA ) before we're going to play them, whilst we are paying him for a bloody good lifestyle doesn't sit right with me.

Is he being sycophantic, it's Liverpool, five time winners of the European Cup, not a bunch of nobodies. All he did was have his photo taken underneath the sign, he didn't fellate Stevie G.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Is he being sycophantic, it's Liverpool, five time winners of the European Cup, not a bunch of nobodies. All he did was have his photo taken underneath the sign, he didn't fellate Stevie G.

Blimey El Pres, you sound like MA.

AKA 'This was THE Leeds'

Feb 14, 2010
El P, we all know they won the European Cup 5 times when they were good in the 70's & 80's. Some might also know that Liverpool used to be a second division club in the 60s. But neither is the point. Clough would not have tolerated a "lets all have a lovely day trip attitude", neither would Ferguson and neither should have Poyet. But we learn, and move on.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I've not really got an issue with what players do after the game in regards to getting stuff signed and taking pictures and whatnot but at least turn up on the pitch beforehand and give an account of yourself.

Gus was right about the mentality. The players all seemed happy to be there without really wanting to show any of the ability that got them there. Sad thing is, to all those who haven't watched Brighton this season (and the over reactors), that game is the level they are. Being lucky to only get beat by 5 goals.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He just had his picture taken by the sign-you really need to let him enjoy a moment he'll probably never repeat in his lifetime.

I have a photo with my son doing the same thing, if Nooney wants to have another photo, he only has to go on the stadium tour !!

simples.:)

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
We had the same amount of Scousers in our team as Liverpool! Noone & Navs are born and bred Liverpudlians , so why can't they enjoy their moment-Nooney was off the pace,but he is still coming back from injury and in the scheme of things Navs had a half decent game.The home bred Liverpool players are heroes to fans like Navs and Noone, so I fully appreciate Navs hugging Gerrard when he was substituted and no one seems to have noticed that while the substitution was taking place Noone was waiting to take a throw in and was showing his appreciation of Gerrard by applauding him off the pitch,sign of a true fan. They still tried their best for the Albion but you can't take the Red out of them, the same with us if we were somewhere else in the country the blue and white stripes would still be running through our veins.

MurrayGulliver

Nov 14, 2011
Portslade
I have no problem with him taking the picture, just don't think he should posted it on twitter.
Let's not forget at 60 mins we were only 3-1 down, then decided to throw more people forward leading to the rout.
The crazy gang were considered a small club with a few characters.
Anyway tonight is what matters now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here