Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you ever played sport to any level mate? Loom at cricket, a fast bowler might be mates with a batsman, but he still wants to knock his head off. The even hugged during the game, and yknow, I expect players to be a bit cheesed off after getting humiliated on national tv, not taking photographs and having a cuddle.

They hugged as Gerrard was being subbed, he was hardly going to affect the game from the bench.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mate, its not the fact they lost, its the grovelling attitude and group hugs with players that humiliated them on national tv that is just not on. I also dont recall one juicy tackle being put in either. As for thanking someone on a big salary for not moving then really mate, we owe him nothing and us him nothing. He didnt move because he didnt fancy it or the deal didnt work for him. Doesnt excuse the snivelling soft scenes of Sunday.

Mate.
They don't need to answer to anyone on loving LFC, and being ecstatic about being in what is a cathedral to them.

Did not affect the result. I heard people around me during the game whinging about individual mistakes by Greer, Brez, etc ... and they have no affinity to LFC.
Just one of things. Outclassed.

Brighton under Poyet try to play football without ruffing up opponents, despite the amount of cards!

The wasted-breathe baiting of a couple of thousand negative Southerners of Suarez, Carroll & Co was inconsequential and simply unheard by a PL team that gradually took control and ripped the Albion apart.

A great weekend/day had by most, who aren't going to get bitter about going out 6-1 to a far better team.

Feb 14, 2010
Mate.
They don't need to answer to anyone on loving LFC, and being ecstatic about being in what is a cathedral to them.

Did not affect the result. I heard people around me during the game whinging about individual mistakes by Greer, Brez, etc ... and they have no affinity to LFC.
Just one of things. Outclassed.

Brighton under Poyet try to play football without ruffing up opponents, despite the amount of cards!

The wasted-breathe baiting of a couple of thousand negative Southerners of Suarez, Carroll & Co was inconsequential and simply unheard by a PL team that gradually took control and ripped the Albion apart.

A great weekend/day had by most, who aren't going to get bitter about going out 6-1 to a far better team.

I agree they were outclassed but frankly the players hardly got tight on anyone and hardly put in a decent tackle. Leaving that aside, we have to agree to disagree with the attitude. I come from the viewpoint that Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Ferguson or even the crazy gang would not have turned up for a nice little day trip and neither should our lot, but they did. Its done now but I hope Poyet told them what is what. As for the eeaww, its a joke, like singing Peter Beales at west ham and we have to agree to differ on that as well. Nothing bitter in the viewpoint, its just not yours.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some people on here are very mean-spirited and are exactly the sort of people who complain about players losing touch with the fans and forgetting where they came from - sorry, but you can't have it both ways . . .

Exactly. Navs said, quite rightly, that he'd always be a Liverpool fan except for the two hours at Anfield on Sunday. Personally I'm glad they're genuine football fans rather than money-mad tossers like some Premier League players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The negatives with sour grapes (about the 6-1) threads, are at least giving Ashley Barnes a break.

Looks like it will take the next club mishap or defeat to rid them of their Anfield bitterness, and pick on the next scape goat.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Look at this when we played liverpool at the amex we done well

We play liverpool at anfield we get hammered because the players were over whelmed, and were beat before the game had started. IMO that is not on. No heart no character

Or that one of the top Premier League teams, full of 1st team players and costing countless millions of pounds to put together saw that the draw has opened up for them to give them every opportunity to win the cup this year (the biggest competition they are left with a good chance of winning)

And that as they were playing in front of their own, expectant fans who wanted a show they played at the true pace of a top side in the Premier league for the whole of the 90 minutes and a lower league team costing a fraction of the money that the Liverpool team did just couldn't match them despite all their best efforts (a near impossible task when chasing goal(s) to get into the game from the start of the 2nd half)

Why do you think that the Liverpool players command such high wages or transfer for such large sums? do you believe its because they are only as good as a Championship team playing its first season there for several years? and the only reason we lost is because we were in awe of them?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree they were outclassed but frankly the players hardly got tight on anyone and hardly put in a decent tackle. Leaving that aside, we have to agree to disagree with the attitude. I come from the viewpoint that Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Ferguson or even the crazy gang would not have turned up for a nice little day trip and neither should our lot, but they did. Its done now but I hope Poyet told them what is what. As for the eeaww, its a joke, like singing Peter Beales at west ham and we have to agree to differ on that as well. Nothing bitter in the viewpoint, its just not yours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The negatives with sour grapes (about the 6-1) threads, are at least giving Ashley Barnes a break.

Looks like it will take the next club mishap or defeat to rid them of their Anfield bitterness, and pick on the next scape goat.
Unfortunately it hasn't, there's been a couple of threads slating Barnes already today.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

We play liverpool at anfield we get hammered because the players were over whelmed, and were beat before the game had started. IMO that is not on. No heart no character

Amazing that they bothered to equalise in that case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Remember Tony Adams getting the eeaww stuff.
But found the "does the boyfriend know you're here", to the streaker, hilarious.
Was surprised at the obsession with Carroll & Suarez dominating the chants, completely surpassing time on pro-Albion songs. Not like it was CPFC or another club/player who'd crossed the Albion.
The 'humour'/attempt to put off, failed as they helped themselves to goals in the rout.

Perhaps because we did little attacking, there was little to cheer about.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Liverpool fielded a stronger side in the FA CUP...they were clearly up for it....and u say we did much better in the carling cup...were u there?...we were lucky to b only one nil down at halftime....yes we did much better in the 2nd half than in this one...but don't give me this bit about no heart...u clearly weren't at the burnley game

Feb 14, 2010
They hugged as Gerrard was being subbed, he was hardly going to affect the game from the bench.

Can you imagine a team of Cloughs or Pailey or the crazy gang turning up, asking for photographs and having a nice hug after getting humiliated on national tv? No, now ask yourself why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here