Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone..."This is Anfield"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He just had his picture taken by the sign-you really need to let him enjoy a moment he'll probably never repeat in his lifetime.

I can see all that and I've said I can see why he took pictures. I just think it makes us as a club look small time. If loads of the players were that star struck, that they were all posing for pictures, all over Anfield. It's no wonder we got thrashed like a non league side would....and if that's their mentality, god help us if we go up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh for gods sake just drop it will you all whinge whinge Noone whinge whinge Navaroo whinge whinge Vicente whinbge whinge Barnes whinge whinige f***ing whinge

and as for that STUPID comment about o2 and orange :facepalm:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Now I know it was a big day for the lad, supporting the club as a boy etc etc and by all means take some photo's for the family album and memories etc.
But as a lifelong Brighton fan, I find it a bit of a joke that a Brighton and Hove Albion player tweets a photo of himself with another clubs sign, shortly after being thrashed 6-1....6,000 people travelled half the country on Sunday, spending hundreds of pounds in very hard times....I'm really pleased Noone had a great day, with his hero's..We are Brighton not f***ing Hastings Utd, Craig!!!!!!

Has someone dumped you ove rthe last few days? You are a real ray of sunshine at the moment, you miserable fecker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just as a by thought I saw many BHA fans having their photo taken by The Shankly Gates and they are not Liverpool fans but appreciate one of the famous points of Liverpool FC. Is that any different granted they dont play for Brighton but the sentiment is the same.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just as a by thought I saw many BHA fans having their photo taken by The Shankly Gates and they are not Liverpool fans but appreciate one of the famous points of Liverpool FC. Is that any different granted they dont play for Brighton but the sentiment is the same.

Including Martin Perry...lol.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be fair alot of our fans were doing much worse. Singing to YNWA and getting photos of some rusty old gates :facepalm:

The people sat behind me were basically creaming their pants every time Gerrard got near the ball, and commented on the "great goal" liverpool had scored seconds earlier to go 3-1 up :facepalm:

I'm strugging to see how bad it is for a born and bread scouser to get a bit excited when our fans were much worse.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Sadly not, she is still here lol.....It's a mid life crisis im going through, i'm getting old and don't like it. Moaning cheers me up!!!

There is so much more to be happy about with the Albion at the moment. Enjoy that

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Some of our fans need to get a grip and stop being so precious. So what he had a photo taken who cares??

Feb 14, 2010
Agree entirely with the sentiment of this post, I saw the same snivelling, grovelling attitude. The players had a happy clappy "grateful to be here" mind set. Its not professional and it says alot. Imagine what Clough or the Paisley or even the Crazy Gang would have made of it. They spent more time hugging the Liverpool players than they did tackling them. I hope Gus tore into them and has hung up pictures of them hugging a side that humiliated them on national TV on the dressing room wall to re-inforce the message. We want winners, not players that grovel.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree entirely with the sentiment of this post, I saw the same snivelling, grovelling attitude. The players had a happy clappy "grateful to be here" mind set. Its not professional and it says alot. Imagine what Clough or the Paisley or even the Crazy Gang would have made of it. They spent more time hugging the Liverpool players than they did tackling them. I hope Gus tore into them and has hung up pictures of them hugging a side that humiliated them on national TV on the dressing room wall to re-inforce the message. We want winners, not players that grovel.

o god u 2 should get together u hav so much in common..same crap u trotted out on sunday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can see all that and I've said I can see why he took pictures. I just think it makes us as a club look small time. If loads of the players were that star struck, that they were all posing for pictures, all over Anfield. It's no wonder we got thrashed like a non league side would....and if that's their mentality, god help us if we go up.

small time...or r u being small minded

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Go and support Villa, you'll fit in perfectly

Sorry can't do that. You can change your job and you can change your wife. But you can never change you club. A fact lost on probably 50% of the new season ticket holders who post on here. If I want to moan, I f***ing will. I was watching this club when most on here were still swinging in their Dads sack.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
I've got a photo of me under said sign from years ago on a visit.

It's iconic in all football for supporter of any football team, and for a Liverpool fan, it's a shrine!

More importantly, did Craig get his tix for the Carling Cup Final Sunday, and has he any spares please? :)

Feb 14, 2010
I wonder if the players asked for autographs before the game as well as hugging Gerrard on the pitch? Never seen such a bunch of grovelling, soft, happy clapper players in my life. Still expect Gus has sorted them out for Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here