Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** New striker - Confirmed - Leroy Lita **

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd rather have Lita than Adebayor, never has a striker look less interested in playing football unless A) On loan to a BIG prem club and looking for a move or B) In the last year of a contract and looking for an improved deal...He is everything that is bad about Johnny Foreigner, playing in England. Thankfully there are not as many like him around now, as there were a few years ago.
I'd rather have that bloke off the carlberg advert than Adebayor

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not even stiffs?

There really isn't any such thing these days. Teams now have development squads (or U-21s), who play in the new-last-season Professional Development League, but reserve team football no longer exists.

A limited number of over-age players are permitted to play in the PDL U-21 matches, but Lita hasn't featured.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Did Lita play for the Swansea team that played our DS team I. The behind closed door friendly at the Amex earlier this year ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Basically Barnes MarkII so gotta be happy with that :)

Good record, can hold the ball up and find the net :thumbsup: How many will jump on his back though when he doesn't score for 2 games and looks tired since he hasn't played for 6 months?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Lita is probably as good a loanee as we would want to afford. A decent record and a dangerous player on his day. Hopefully he will be fit enough for the bench if not a starting place on Saturday and hasn't forgotten where the goal is.

I recall Lita was a handful for Upson and Greer at Hillsborough last season. His movement caused us problems and although he got a rather lucky goal early in that game, however he looked a bit wasted at Wednesday because they didn't have anyone with the vision to set him up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure he's worth the wages. If we are safe by Jan, PLEASE can we not extend his loan and blood our development squad players instead if need be?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did Lita play for the Swansea team that played our DS team I. The behind closed door friendly at the Amex earlier this year ?

Do you mean this game? It wasn't behind closed doors, it was a league match in the Professional Development League, and it was last December.

If so, the answer is no.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He seems very happy about the move judging by twitter and his comments to the club. Good stuff

The untrusting voice in me says it is just the usual generic spiel said by a footballer.

Rav loved Middlesbrough: 'Middlesbrough gave me so much love - and all I have for these fans is love. They must understand that.' He loved Marseille: 'I don't want to go back to England. I love Marseille: it is my own little paradise.' He loved Middlesbrough again: 'I'd love to go back. I want everyone at Middlesbrough to understand their town is like a dream to me. I have the love of those fans under my skin.' But Derby was The One. 'I love Derby County, I love the city and I love the fans. It's a beautiful place because its people are beautiful. I will put my heart forward for this club - and maybe I will play for free? Money is not important to me...' Now: after a fling with Dundee ('I love the style of football in Scotland... and I love Scotland') Rav's back at Perugia. 'I love Perugia,' he says. 'It's where my heart is.'

Not sure he's worth the wages. If we are safe by Jan, PLEASE can we not extend his loan and blood our development squad players instead if need be?

How much are we paying?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you mean this game? It wasn't behind closed doors, it was a league match in the Professional Development League, and it was last December.

If so, the answer is no.

We played them recently winning 2-1, but the OS only gives the Albion line up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here