Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** New striker - Confirmed - Leroy Lita **

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No Gus didn't hit the ceiling. Sorry to go on and on about what's now firmly in the past, but Gus will make a great manager, and l'm convinced will be successful in the Premier League.

I agree and feel that his immediate expectation was greater and quicker than the clubs but hopefully we will get there in the not too distant future.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree and feel that his immediate expectation was greater and quicker than the clubs but hopefully we will get there in the not too distant future.

Amen to that. Can't help feeling though that with just one more season with Gus at the helm, we might just have made it this year. Even if it meant a swift return to the Championship the following season, l would have finally got to see the Albion in the promised land of the Premier League in my lifetime.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was surprised at the signing. But perhaps I should not have been:

"Sportsmail can reveal that Charlton, Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Blackburn have all been knocked back by the 28-year-old, who was told this summer that he could leave the Liberty Stadium on a free transfer."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...olds-Premier-League-switch.html#ixzz2i5PvQEqO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-Leroy-Lita-holds-Premier-League-switch.html

I do not know much about the player. I am remember thinking (when he was at Reading) he seems to be effective but not very stylish.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We are taking on loan a player who has not played since April, has been loaned out to several teams who have not signed him who can not be anywhere near match fit yet some are seeing him getting us to the playoffs!
it just shows how desperate we are to sign another striker which we should have done in January.
If we had signed him 2/3 years ago that would be a different story.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We are taking on loan a player who has not played since April, has been loaned out to several teams who have not signed him who can not be anywhere near match fit yet some are seeing him getting us to the playoffs!
it just shows how desperate we are to sign another striker which we should have done in January.

Indeed. He has potential, but it will take a while until we see it.

(When I said he wasn't our first choice, I wasn't talking about Obika. Since the club gave up on him they tried to get someone else in - someone who would be match fit, or close to it, from the off. That didn't happen so we got Lita.)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I suspect that is more to with not being able to afford his full wages rather than not being happy with his ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here