Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** New striker - Confirmed - Leroy Lita **

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good, over 70% of those who voted on that poll that we wouldnt get one will now look like MASSIVE idiots :clap:
Indeed. I've noticed several since your post saying they're 'happy to be wrong' which is of course a complete cop-out. The bottom line is they WERE wrong. Some (by no means all), might want to think twice before gobbing off in future.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted yes, so I am being a smug bar steward.

And I am impressed because it is not only someone I have heard of, but actually knew something about his career.

That does not mean he is any good, although I trust he will be. Oscar turned down a striker a couple of weeks ago because he was "not fast enough". Leroy he has described as "fast". Presuming he has been involved/consulted (which I do), he has got what he wants.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure he's worth the wages. If we are safe by Jan, PLEASE can we not extend his loan and blood our development squad players instead if need be?

I think the club may have ambitions above "being safe" come January. I would be more than a little disappointed if the development squad players were preferred to a proven goal scorer at this level, even if CMS and Ulloa are back and we even had a sniff of a potential top 6 finish. If Lita proves able to still score at this level, I'd hope that we could do all we can to secure him at least until the end of the season come January.

Have you given up on promotion this season then? Sounds like it to me.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Indeed. I've noticed several since your post saying they're 'happy to be wrong' which is of course a complete cop-out. The bottom line is they WERE wrong. Some (by no means all), might want to think twice before gobbing off in future.

Nothing wrong with folk putting their hands up and saying they were wrong, It's to be commended. Perhaps you should be slagging off the ones that have kept silent and not done so. Not that being wrong is such a sin. We all are from time to time surely .... except my other half, or so she thinks:rolleyes:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Only if they are good enough! Are they?

Would you back Barker and Dickenson over the next 6-8 weeks? This period is critical. We are either going to sink towards the bottom three or be solid mid-table and it starts with a must win at Yeovil. They are too young, too raw and too much of a gamble.
Lita is experienced and although not prolific ( gone are the days when it was a minimum requirement to score 1 in 2 ) he will give defenders problems. The downsides are....
1) Not match-fit, so could take 2-3 games to get up to speed ( time we haven't got at mo...we need a striker ready now )
2) Reputation. He has always arrived at different clubs with a fairly big reputation. I think its fair to say that in most cases, he hasn't lived up to expectation.
3) Attitude. Very cocky. Rates himself better than he is. ( Maybe no bad thing! )
4 ) Past. He was lucky at Reading that he was managed by Coppell. He put a protective arm round him and nursed him through some troubled times, including a number of violent ' night-club ' episodes, particularly back down in his old stamping ground of Bristol. Some managers wouldn't have been so tolerant. Coppell saved him from himself. Hopefully, he has matured since those days.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lita: "I received a call this morning..."

You know, that almost suggests he wasn't first choice and we were desperately trying to get someone/anyone...

Lita said it has been in the pipeline for ages.

Got the call once Swansea agreed to let him go.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
F***king Wednesday reject we have signed now. We will soon be challenging the owls for relegation. Poyet wasn't wrong about hitting the ceiling. Last year bridge on loan this year lita.

So, let me get this straight. You're saying that because we got a great deal last year in getting Bridge in, any other player we sign who isn't as good is a step backwards? And now, because we only signed a Premier League striker instead of a Champions League one, we're consigned to a relagation dogfight even though it's October, we've got a ton of injuries and we're mid table?

I honestly wonder what planet people are on sometimes...

Also, Lita scored 6 in 13 for Wednesday, not exactly a reject if you ask me.
Edit: In the second worst scoring team in the league... which makes that number even more impressive

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Is there any significance in the fact that we 'landed' Lita rather than 'swooping' for him?

FWIW I am just pleased he is here!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems like a good signing. Plenty of experience, knows where the goal is and an ideal fill-in until our first choice strikers get back to fitness. Glad to see we at last have a different option up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He wasn't first choice.
Yeah we know the other fella, always injured, was first choice.

Or at least that's what NSC has lead me to believe.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He wasn't first choice.

He was at least third choice on the Burke database.
Oscar was reported as turning down a striker last week from that list and we know Burke's top target was Obika.
I would love to know how Obika rated higher than Lita on that database. Perhaps a question TLO can ask DB.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Lita: "I received a call this morning..."

You know, that almost suggests he wasn't first choice and we were desperately trying to get someone/anyone...

It might have gone like this

Burke 'We desperately need a striker'

Barber (OBE, FFP, PLR) (someone pulls string from his back) 'We've got no money, we've got no money. Brand Brighton, game day experience, etc etc'

Burke 'Don't you know I'm on Albion Roar this week? The big blokes going to ask the question, isn't he'

Barber. ' I'm well versed on the history of this club. What's Albion Roar? An undercooked burger?'

Burke (face palm)

Burke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here