Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon just got attacked

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
JD, I don't know how many videos there are of either sides doing what. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on Irish/Scottish history either. Both have bad elements in their support. Irish immigrants had pretty shocking treatment when they settled in Scotland and Celtic was started by a priest many years ago to give them a voice. One thing I do know is that Rangers fans are far far more hostile to Celtic than vice versa. Anyway i'm no expert. Good night.

You clearly know f*** all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why is this? To me he just seems like a very passionate guy who cares deeply for Celtic. He doesn't (or at least I've never heard him say) anything inflammatory against Rangers / Protestants / Any other SPL team / player.

I agree, and he used to recieve death threats for being Northern Irish but Catholic if I remember rightly... bigotry lives long and hard in Scotland.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Celtic were effectively a movement borne out oppression from anti-catholic sectarianism. They're champions of the oppressed! They carry Palestinian flags to their games in recognition of those poor sods evicted from their homes. Any aggression coming from celtic is a reaction to the constant goading far the 'bigoted' Rangers.

JD, I don't know how many videos there are of either sides doing what. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on Irish/Scottish history either. Both have bad elements in their support. Irish immigrants had pretty shocking treatment when they settled in Scotland and Celtic was started by a priest many years ago to give them a voice. One thing I do know is that Rangers fans are far far more hostile to Celtic than vice versa. Anyway i'm no expert. Good night.

I'm sure you're right, I've never met any.[/QUOTE]

AND THAT DERBYGULL, IS EXACTLY WHY YOU ARE A PRICK!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
No great quality vids yet.

[yt]OuYNqv35aI4[/yt]

[yt]fhiIjAFn-5A[/yt] (1min in)

Whatever you feel about the chap, he's very lucky that guy wasn't even more of a nutcase and was armed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So all of the bombings, shootings and other terrorist attrocities that have happened in NI are all the fault of Glasgow ???
f*** me, you should be up for a Darwin award at this rate. :wozza:

Another ignorant :wanker:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No great quality vids yet.

[yt]OuYNqv35aI4[/yt]

[yt]fhiIjAFn-5A[/yt] (1min in)

Whatever you feel about the chap, he's very lucky that guy wasn't even more of a nutcase and was armed.

Hopefully they'll throw the book at the nutter who ran on the pitch.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
His belligerent approach, and winding-up of other management teams and fans, is only adding fuel to explosive and sectarian situations.

Walter Smith, Jock Stein, Martin O'Neill and others always trod carefully and diplomatically not to inflame things; whilst still maintaining a private and steely determination for their Club to beat the other to the silverware.
[/QUOTE]

THIS

There are certainly problems in Scotland as regards sectarianism and, do you know, the biggest problem is that, in Scotland, at least in my childhood, there were two types of school, there were state schools (into which could be enrolled all children) and there were Roman Catholic schools into which all RC children were 'obliged' to be enrolled (Presumably completely funded by the Roman Catholic Church) SO, kids were brought up to be different and unless this has changed now !!!!!

This, as far as I know was only an issue in Glasgow and (probably) Dundee both of where there had been a large influx of Irish migrant workers.

I know a bit about this having, in my early days, been a Rangers man but who subsequently had the pleasure of experiencing many matches at Celtic Park sadly just prior to the hey day of Jock Stein.

So the problem, unless the situation has changed, goes beyond football and, God, I wish they could sort it out because they are two of the best supported teams in the UK, but, who are imploding due to the above and to the restrictions of where they are in a country which is geographically large but sparcely populated as a rule and accordingly in a league which cannot sustain 'large' clubs.

But the above is a fair comment. Jock Stein was a Protestant who was arguably Celtic's most successful manager as the first British Club ever to win the European Cup in 1967. The others mentioned above have been very successful in keeping the sectarian thing in check during their respective custodianship. I think Lennon is the wrong man for the job as he is clearly inflammatory to the situation.

Best

Al

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here