Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon just got attacked

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lennon is a prick and I for one am a bit gutted the fan didn't make a full and proper connection. Would of loved to see his angry face covered in claret.

And all those who will piss their pants at this and all those already taking the moral high ground.....think Cantona onto a fan

You all loved that didn't you

Works both ways

Lennon is a wanker and was spitting all over the place before the attack.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Interesting how we differ in interpretation. HKFC writes "ill-mannered gobshite with no self-control" and you translate that as a very reasonable comment i.e. "Lennon doesn't help the situation with his attitude" when I thought that what he meant was that this entitled people to send him parcel bombs and attack him. However, on reflection, I still don't think that your translation gives people the right to attack him otherwise there might be a lot of people that I might attack tomorrow.

But even ill-mannered gobshite with no control does not ever equate to "deserves to be parcel bombed".

Look, it's simple. HKFC was passing comment about his character. At no point did this become an opinion on how he should be treated. You've created that link. No-one else has and that is why it's a ridiculous assertion. I would add further that your last sentence is as irrelevant as it is a truism.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My take on it is that Scottish football should be ignored entirely. Not only is it exceedingly shit, there is a significant element of support that still operate in the Dark Ages. Consign them to the dustbin and forget all about them.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
But even ill-mannered gobshite with no control does not ever equate to "deserves to be parcel bombed".

Look, it's simple. HKFC was passing comment about his character. At no point did this become an opinion on how he should be treated. You've created that link. No-one else has and that is why it's a ridiculous assertion. I would add further that your last sentence is as irrelevant as it is a truism.

Excellent response, thanks. So we are agreed that NL did not deserve to be attacked irrespective of his "character"
Job done - point clarified, I can go to bed relaxed now.
Bye bye

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
when I thought that what he meant was that this entitled people to send him parcel bombs and attack him..

Good grief. You really ought not to make huge, assumptions.

Just for a little background, for you, I'm generally considered a limp-wristed liberal, on here, rather than an proponent of para-military violence.

Oh, and I'm married to an Irish Catholic.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Excellent response, thanks. So we are agreed that NL did not deserve to be attacked irrespective of his "character"
Job done - point clarified, I can go to bed relaxed now.
Bye bye

Christ on a bike, you're hard work. Do you know what a truism actually is? I'll repeat myself one more time as you are clearly a little bit slow. No offence, but your rebuke to HKFC stated that you had applied some logical thought to this. A truism is a statement that is so self-evident that it doesn't need saying. In this instance - Lennon doesn't deserved to be parcel bombed. I'd have thought that any rational person would agree that there are no circumstances under which that is justified - even if you think he's an ill-mannered gobshite. It's you and you alone who is making this link between opinion of being a gobshite and deserving the Devil's own punishment.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Bigoted?! Are you on drugs? I think you're getting mixed up with the other Glasgow team.

And this, dear reader is the crux of the problem. Are you honestly trying to tell me that Celtic don't have a problem with sectarian bigotry as well?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Bigoted?! Are you on drugs? I think you're getting mixed up with the other Glasgow team.

God there are some empty-headed people out there!
From the worst EVER incidence of racism at a Scottish football match when Celtc fans threw bananas at Mark Walters to a Celtc fan being jailed yesterday for doing an ape impersonation at Hadji Diouf, from them not giving a directorship to Jock Stein after winning the european cup because he was a Protestant to Celtc players being caught on film singing ira songs to the very club itself employing an ex-ira prisoner to paint an official banner etc etc etc the list goes on!!

It appears that it's ok for them to celebrate their 'Irishness' and Catholicism but not ok for Rangers fans to celebrate their culture and religion!!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Celtic was created as a Sectarian club from the start.
Rangers was started buy some blokes who wanted to play football.

Celtic have had loads of protestants play for them, Rangers seem to oppose Catholics playing for them.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
God there are some empty-headed people out there!
From the worst EVER incidence of racism at a Scottish football match when Celtc fans threw bananas at Mark Walters to a Celtc fan being jailed yesterday for doing an ape impersonation at Hadji Diouf, from them not giving a directorship to Jock Stein after winning the european cup because he was a Protestant to Celtc players being caught on film singing ira songs to the very club itself employing an ex-ira prisoner to paint an official banner etc etc etc the list goes on!!

It appears that it's ok for them to celebrate their 'Irishness' and Catholicism but not ok for Rangers fans to celebrate their culture and religion!!

Have any Rangers managers have been Catholic? There only seems to be one team that has a problem with it, and that team is Rangers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here