Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon just got attacked

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
"Passionate", in this particular context simply means "ill-mannered gobshite with no self-control"

Are you able to provide any specific examples of his 'ill mannered gobshite behaviour?'. The only 'example' I can think of was at Ibrox recently when he cupped his ears to the Rangers fans as he walked off the pitch after being subjected to 90 minutes of abuse and a letter bomb in the post......................Apart from that I can't think of any other........over to you .........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you able to provide any specific examples of his 'ill mannered gobshite behaviour?'. The only 'example' I can think of was at Ibrox recently when he cupped his ears to the Rangers fans as he walked off the pitch after being subjected to 90 minutes of abuse and a letter bomb in the post......................Apart from that I can't think of any other........over to you .........

So you didn't see the game when Rangers had 2 sent off, when Lennon was going at McCoist, eyes and veins popping out of his head? He is an angry, angry, angry man.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do we know what McCoist said to him to make him react?

No, to be fair, we don't, but that doesn't excuse his lack of control, and overt aggression, which could only serve to inflame the 'passion' of the fans.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
So you didn't see the game when Rangers had 2 sent off, when Lennon was going at McCoist, eyes and veins popping out of his head? He is an angry, angry, angry man.

Re Lennon and McCoist..................'six of one half a dozen of the other springs to mind'. Was it Lennons fault that Rangers had two players sent off? If memory serves me the second sending off was for a really late tackle.

So apart from a fracas at the end of a highly intense old firm derby which to me was to me was 'handbags' that is the extent of your providing examples of Lennons 'gobshite' behaviour?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Are you able to provide any specific examples of his 'ill mannered gobshite behaviour?'. The only 'example' I can think of was at Ibrox recently when he cupped his ears to the Rangers fans as he walked off the pitch after being subjected to 90 minutes of abuse and a letter bomb in the post......................Apar t from that I can't think of any other........over to you .........

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Why am I an "absolute fool" when all I did was clarify and amplify "exactly" what you said?

Because your inference was completely disproportionate to the statement by HKFC.

Let's look at your logic:

HKFC - "Lennon doesn't help the situation with his attitude"

Your conclusion - "HKFC thinks that parcel bombs are justified because of Lennon's attitude"

A ridiculous conclusion under any circumstances.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

This!
And then there was the spitting on a Rangers scarf, the intimation at the weekend that Hearts had turned in the towel to let Rangers win, the constant digs at officials, the paranoia etc etc!!!

The epitome of a bigoted club with a fan-base many of whom have an ant-British, sectarian agenda and who tonight sang pro-IRA songs and anti-Protestant and anti-royal chants!!!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because your inference was completely disproportionate to the statement by HKFC.

Your conclusion - "HKFC thinks that parcel bombs are justified because of Lennon's attitude"

Thank you.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
My take on it is that Lennon needs a good talking to by his board. He needs to calm down his "passion" on the pitch. It's not just a job as clearly people are taking these things to heart and it's something people feel very strongly about. He has a responsibility not to incite problems. On the other hand the SFA and other teams - Rangers in particular need to get very very very tough on sectarianism and these personal attacks on Lennon. A long jail sentence for the perpetrators and at least 2 or 3 games behind closed doors for Celtic and Rangers.

Both Celtic and Rangers also need to stop playing lip service to removing politics from their game and actually do it. Ban all political flags and symbols for a start. Announce a ban on political, racial and sectarian chants and actually enforce these with prejudice. Celtic and Rangers fans are a bloody disgrace to their club, their country and to their respective religions.

It does make me chuckle when we see those rare occasions when Scotland actually qualify for something and the media wanks themselves silly about their loveable fans. It's merely a thin veneer under which beats a black heart. It's killing Scottish football and these twats can't see it.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea

Interesting how we differ in interpretation. HKFC writes "ill-mannered gobshite with no self-control" and you translate that as a very reasonable comment i.e. "Lennon doesn't help the situation with his attitude" when I thought that what he meant was that this entitled people to send him parcel bombs and attack him. However, on reflection, I still don't think that your translation gives people the right to attack him otherwise there might be a lot of people that I might attack tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here