Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon just got attacked

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No mate I'm not looking for an argument, I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the catholic church per se, but there are definite republican sympaties amongst many priests with Irish links, by the way it was two four and a half month tours I did, priests were always fairly hostile, and on my first tour I saw a priest walk along the street, glance at the still alive squaddie who had been virtually incinerated by a car bomb and stroll away without a second glance, man of god my f***ing arse .
I'm no fan either, and I'm not looking for an argument. I don't doubt your story. There are plenty of "men of God" who are dangerous and unpleasant fuckwits, and they're not limited to the Catholic church.

I just think that a sneer at the Irish priests who formed a football club for deprived Catholic kids in the 19th century is incredibly unfair, when the likelihood is that it was done with the best of intentions. The fact that 8ace (who on every other issue is one of my fave posters on here) suggests they were a sectarian club from the outset because of this, just shows what lengths these Old Firm mongs will go to, to ensure everyone realises "the other lot are worse" instead of looking at their own MASSIVE shortcomings.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
My original post was about the formation of both clubs so stop trying to steer the discussion away from that. It's not my opinion, Rangers only became "the protestant club" due to the emergence of Celtic. If Queens Park had decided not to remain amateur it could have been them.

Your post and all your subsequent posts after seem to suggest it is a one way street in respect of bigotry and hatred within the Celtic/Rangers scenario i.e all Celtic and nothing from Rangers.

Do you agree with me that Rangers not signing Catholic players for 100 years is a sign of sectarianism, it is not really an all encompassing stance to all comers taken by the Rangers board is it?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Then he is a twat, but is that any more representative of priests/vicars than the arseholes at Deepcut who drove four recruits to their death are representative of the army?
He is representative of a lot of the priests I came into contact with in my time in NI, as for deepcut, it's still not cut and dried what exactly happened there , though I dont have any trouble believing that these recruits were bullied, it's wrong , but you also have to look at how mentally robust these recruits were, I was bullied mercilessly by one of the instructors during recruit training, I'm not going to spout crap about it being character building,but it was the army I was training for , not the girl guides, people need to realise that, especially in light of the army's commitments in afghanistan at the moment.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Your post and all your subsequent posts after seem to suggest it is a one way street in respect of bigotry and hatred within the Celtic/Rangers scenario i.e all Celtic and nothing from Rangers.

Do you agree with me that Rangers not signing Catholic players for 100 years is a sign of sectarianism, it is not really an all encompassing stance to all comers taken by the Rangers board is it?

I do agree with you on that point.
However society was like that then, Harland and Wolff had a similar employment policy.
Rangers were a little slow to change with the times, mainly because despite saying that they would sign a catholic, Souness was the only manager who had the balls to do it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I don't need to have, I watched Braveheart all Billy Connolly's videos.

i can imagine all crowded round in a corrugated iron hut out in the desert with a video wired up to a generator like the final scene in Threads when they are watching Words and Pictures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here