Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Leeds or Blackpool 500k

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont think he'd move down south but my vote goes to ex scunny striker Billy Sharp who's out of favour at Sheff united.

Thats a great shout. Exactly the kind of replacement we should be looking at for Murray if we're serious about pushing for top 6. Whether he'd drop back into our league is debatable, but if he's not getting games, and we make an attractive offer, who knows.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thats a great shout. Exactly the kind of replacement we should be looking at for Murray if we're serious about pushing for top 6. Whether he'd drop back into our league is debatable, but if he's not getting games, and we make an attractive offer, who knows.

Didnt Sheff utd (or Watford) release Danny Webber?

He would be class

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was hinted that the deal taking Muzza from Rochdale to us was £300k plus a 33% sell on clause. I cant see the Board letting him go for a paltry £500k but £750k would be acceptable. Lets hope he signs for Leeds so we can all take the piss out of him like we did to Dan Harding.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The fact that he appears to have wanted out almost since the day he arrived is the strangest part of the purchase of Murray imo...

Exactly. I can only think Rochdale "forced" him to move...£300,000k is alot to turn down.

"Listen Glenn those southern poofters have offered £300,000k for you and you know we need the money so we are going to accept, but sign the deal, hang on for a couple of weeks then whack in a transfer request"

Its a win-win for Glenn and Rochdale.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It was hinted that the deal taking Muzza from Rochdale to us was £300k plus a 33% sell on clause. I cant see the Board letting him go for a paltry £500k but £750k would be acceptable. Lets hope he signs for Leeds so we can all take the piss out of him like we did to Dan Harding.

If that's true then we'll get our money back and be no worseoff than 18months ago. Not great but still a decent amount of money to spend at this level.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Exactly. I can only think Rochdale "forced" him to move...£300,000k is alot to turn down.

"Listen Glenn those southern poofters have offered £300,000k for your arse , do it for the team"
A more likely scenario :)

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

I'm sure I remember it being a straight cash deal with no add ons.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Ridiculous.

Had Murray been fit all season (and obviously Micky not been such a baffoon) we would have been safe long before Slade resorted to more direct football.

People have short memories and clearly forget just HOW much better Murray was than anyone else in our team.

Not ridiculous at all my friend. The point I am making is that we played the big target man - and it worked. And on the form of the last 7 games we were play-off - correction promotion contenders.

If Owusu had played the full season, would he have scored 25 goals? Probably.

Would Gary Hart have played his spectaculr role in a partnership with Murray. Probably not.

I am not aware that we have become more direct under Slade than Adams - it's just we have done it better by putting round pegs like Owusu into round holes - and playing at a higher tempo, a concept that Adams could not grasp.

In the words of Sir Alf Ramsey: "I do not pick the best players, I pick the best team." Result - Jimmy Greaves, probably the most talented and lethal striker of his generation, got dropped and England won the world cup. A lesson to be learnt from this I think.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

I also think a fast and good finisher like Sharp would really complement and play off forster perfectly. That would be a quality combo.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I can think off 2 of the top of my head.

Northampton and Yeovil. Can't be bothered to check for anymore but have a feeling there was another one.
Oh yeah. I forgot Northampton. Probably because of all the last minute goals.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What about the gypsy from Southend who went to Wolves (i think) - can't remember his name?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not ridiculous at all my friend. The point I am making is that we played the big target man - and it worked. And on the form of the last 7 games we were play-off - correction promotion contenders.

If Owusu had played the full season, would he have scored 25 goals? Probably.

Would Gary Hart have played his spectaculr role in a partnership with Murray. Probably not.

I am not aware that we have become more direct under Slade than Adams - it's just we have done it better by putting round pegs like Owusu into round holes - and playing at a higher tempo, a concept that Adams could not grasp.

In the words of Sir Alf Ramsey: "I do not pick the best players, I pick the best team." Result - Jimmy Greaves, probably the most talented and lethal striker of his generation, got dropped and England won the world cup. A lesson to be learnt from this I think.

Lloyd Owusu would not have scored 25 goals in a season, in my opinion. He has only ever scored 25 goals in a season once and that was 10 years ago and included 3 cup goals. He once got 22 in a season and other than that it has been in the low teens. Has only had two seasons when he has been a regular so you wonder why that is, possibly injury.

As for the Greaves comment, you don't know what would have happened if Greaves had played. I suspect he was dropped because of his 'social' habits. We might have beaten Germany without having to rely on a controversial goal. We just don't know.

Personally, I think Murray is the best player we have and it will be a shame to see him go but I won't hold any grudges against him when we next see him against us.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Freddie Eastwood , he could park his caravan at Falmer at the moment. :lolol:

Eastwood was born in Basildon, Essex and was often seen exercising his horse on the A127 road in Essex on the morning of a match day when playing for Southend United.[3] He is married with two children - Freddy Jr and Chardonnay.[4]

He appealed to the British Government in August 2006 to keep his home on a travellers site in Basildon after Basildon Council refused planning permission.[4] Eastwood and his family were told in November 2006 that the decision of Basildon Council would not be upheld by the Government and he was free to stay there for at least the next five years.[5]

Is the horse called Cinzano?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here