Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Leeds or Blackpool 500k

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't actually think Murray and Forster do work well together. Our best performances last season came without Forster playing.

I would play Murray up on his own or in the middle of a front three, with two wide players.

Whatever people say about him on here, Murray IS class and IS our best player.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
If as been talked about on here we should be looking for a settled side, how does having two good strikers who are always injured help tha cause? Murray seemed to be more injured than available and the same went for Forster.
People talked about a wonderfull strike force of Murray and Forster but how many times did they play together?
Lets get shot of him and look for a settled strike force that builds up an understanding. Something that has not happened since these two have been at the club.

apart from January to May 2008 when the two of them played together and we nearly made the play offs.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If as been talked about on here we should be looking for a settled side, how does having two good strikers who are always injured help tha cause? Murray seemed to be more injured than available and the same went for Forster.
People talked about a wonderfull strike force of Murray and Forster but how many times did they play together?
Lets get shot of him and look for a settled strike force that builds up an understanding. Something that has not happened since these two have been at the club.

Blimey, got me thinking then. When was that? Zamora/Steele? Or was that Zamora/Watson?

Small/Byrne? Trying to think of others inbetween?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Whether Murray was a brilliant striker or not the fact is we know that last summer he handed in a transfer request and again this summer. He does not want to play for us and I think that has showed in some of his performances. So £500,000 sounds good to me. I wish him and his partner well up North.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
One, will we spend the half million and two...we'll see :)

I see Swindon want 2.5 million for Cox, so 500k for Murray really isn't that much, is Cox 5 times better?

Don't know,.........but he plays a lot more games.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ridiculous.

Had Murray been fit all season (and obviously Micky not been such a baffoon) we would have been safe long before Slade resorted to more direct football.

People have short memories and clearly forget just HOW much better Murray was than anyone else in our team.

Ridiculous!

Had Murray been fit all season we wouldn't have needed an endless re-jigging of the team to cover for him. Fortunately, we lucked in with Owusu and Gary Hart doing such a great job for us just when it was needed which wouldn't have been necessary if Murray had played more.

People have short memories and clearly forget just how little Murray WANTED to be here-remembering that this is now his second transfer request in less than 18 months.

Yes, he probably is our best player at the moment but that means bog all if he's been wanting a transfer for over a year. "Sorry Brighton fans, my girlfriend misses her Northern sausages so I have to do what she says". What a pussy.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
May 2008, about the time Murray was rumoured not to want to be here?

Im not denying that its clear he has not settled here, i was just pointing out that Forster and Murray played well together and scored goals in that time period. I argree with you that we need a settled front line.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
yet he still fought for the cause and did a great job. In his time here, he almost overtook Jake Robinson in the goal scoring for the Albion charts, yet "Jakey" remains more of a fans favourite

Yes he did, he spent many hours fighting to get fit, how many operations did he go through since being here?
Lets take the 500k and run.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Best player we have, personally would be dissapointed with 500k, hoping he don't go to Leeds would like to see him strut his stuff in the championship. Lack of pace don't matter he has a footballing brain and superb touch will be very difficult to replace. If he didn't want to be here will score bucket loads and a club he wants to be at!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The goal every other game stat is misleading, too.

He got at least one hatrick and at least one doubler. That's 5 goals in 2 games, which means he could have gone the following 8 more games without scoring to get a 1 in 2 ratio. That could be as much as two months.

He doesn't score one goal every other game.

I'm not saying that makes him a bad striker, but if "20 goals in 18 months" is dismissed because 'it's misleading' so should the "goal every other game" stat.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
The goal every other game stat is misleading, too.

He got at least one hatrick and at least one doubler. That's 5 goals in 2 games, which means he could have gone the following 8 more games without scoring to get a 1 in 2 ratio. That could be as much as two months.

He doesn't score one goal every other game.

I'm not saying that makes him a bad striker, but if "20 goals in 18 months" is dismissed because 'it's misleading' so should the "goal every other game" stat.

All strikers are tarnished with that brush, Zamora's record included hatricks and some games without scoring

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Murray is by far our best player & i will be gutted to see him go. I woulld like to think that he would be a success at champ level & thats where i hope he goes. I would hate it he ended up in this league

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All strikers are tarnished with that brush, Zamora's record included hatricks and some games without scoring

True, but say he's scored "x goals in y games" don't present it as if he consistently scores in every other game, just because that's the average. There were many games in which he missed good opportunites that could have won us points, runs of games in which he failed to score.

My point is the statistics presented on here (both the 20 goals in 18 months, and the 20 goals in 44 games) are accurate, but are being presented in misleading ways.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
True, but say he's scored "x goals in y games" don't present it as if he consistently scores in every other game, just because that's the average. There were many games in which he missed good opportunites that could have won us points.

The statistics presented on here (both the 20 goals in 18 months, and the 20 goals in 44 games are accurate, but are being presented in misleading ways)

Michel Kuipers had, I think, 12 clean sheets. We don't go around saying he keeps a clean sheet every third game.

i see your point (and may i say its very well made) but generally with strikers you see there goal tally averaged like that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
True, but say he's scored "x goals in y games" don't present it as if he consistently scores in every other game, just because that's the average. There were many games in which he missed good opportunites that could have won us points.

The statistics presented on here (both the 20 goals in 18 months, and the 20 goals in 44 games are accurate, but are being presented in misleading ways)

f***ing lazy wanker, scores a hatrick, one of which was obvioulsy a lacklustre penalty that somebody else had won, and then doesn't bother to score for the next 6 games, get rid of the twat he's obviously shit. Can't believe we hung on to him so long seeing as he's also a sicknote obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here