Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Leeds or Blackpool 500k

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Rochdale 42 Apps 21 goals
Brighton 44 Apps 19 goals

Not quite there- 3 goals off a 1 in 2 goal per game ratio.

I really think he's worth more than 500k

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
500k yes please, a 200k profit on aplayer who has hardly kicked a ball for us in 12 months....its a no brainer, and i for one would snap the hands of anyone who offered it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
500k would be a good deal for his injury record etc.
Presumably now we have Bloom the 500k could also go directly back onto players which should be x 2 good players in this league.

Unless Bloom is only funding Falmer and not going to splash the cash

That's a rather misleading stat, given he must of been out for a lot of that.

A better stat is his goal to game ratio, which I believe to be 1 in 2 but I will check that before I get shot down!

I would disagree. The fact that he's been out a lot is entirely the point. In his time here, he has contributed 20 goals. He's been out injured a lot, and in that time has contributed nothing.

Also, none of us know the state of his injuries. Is he naturally injury-prone? If so, £500k is a bloody good deal.

I would agree that potentially he could be a very good player for us. I just don't agree that he has been so far. On that basis, I think that £500k is a very fair price.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Theo Robinson is worth 100k odd and that Simpson fella from Coventry £400k than Murray is worth far more than £500k.

We need to seriously think how much it would cost to replace him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that he appears to have wanted out almost since the day he arrived is the strangest part of the purchase of Murray imo...

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
a fit injury free Glenn Murray is worth more than 500k. He is a 20 + goal a season striker at league 1 or championship level. Obviously the key is him staying fit........once hes left us thats not our problem. 800K plus sell on clause minimum. I mean....Vrgo is a 1.5m player so what must Murray be???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
500k would be a good deal for his injury record etc.
Presumably now we have Bloom the 500k could also go directly back onto players which should be x 2 good players in this league.

Unless Bloom is only funding Falmer and not going to splash the cash

Well if we do get £500k for Murray, then its £500k that we would NOT have been bargaining on having in this transfer window, being as we'd had no plans to sell him till he started grizzling again. So I'd expect the majority of any fee we get for him to be made available for Russells "War Chest" this summer.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
a fit injury free Glenn Murray is worth more than 500k. He is a 20 + goal a season striker at league 1 or championship level. Obviously the key is him staying fit........once hes left us thats not our problem. 800K plus sell on clause minimum. I mean....Vrgo is a 1.5m player so what must Murray be???

Virgo was never 'worth' £1.5m - the fact that he went to Celtic for that fee was entirely down to McGee and Strachan being best buddies. Allegedly!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
How would a goal every other game in Leagues 1 and 2 equate in the Championship?
Despite his undoubted qualities, his lack of pace may be found wanting at that level.

Factor in his injury record and say he makes 35 appearances (at best?). I would say he's a 12 goals a season prospect. On that basis £500k is about right.

Sure RS doesn't want him to go - but it was a big target man that got us out of the shit last season and this is likely what he's looking at for next season.

Just hope he doesn't go to Leeds.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sure RS doesn't want him to go - but it was a big target man that got us out of the shit last season and this is likely what he's looking at for next season.

Ridiculous.

Had Murray been fit all season (and obviously Micky not been such a baffoon) we would have been safe long before Slade resorted to more direct football.

People have short memories and clearly forget just HOW much better Murray was than anyone else in our team.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
As a lot of people have mentioned, a sell on clause must be put in place, because if he does stay fit then we're going to regret this in 12 months time.

Do we owe Rochdale anything if/when he moves on?

I'm pretty sure we dont.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Ridiculous.

Had Murray been fit all season (and obviously Micky not been such a baffoon) we would have been safe long before Slade resorted to more direct football.

People have short memories and clearly forget just HOW much better Murray was than anyone else in our team.

But i'd rather be without Murray and have Slade playing direct football and winning most of our games, than have someone who only plays 20% of a season and then wants to leave. Which is why most people have conceded to loosing him, because he is constantly unfit.

It has nothing to do with Slades style of football, which I don't think there was anything wrong with imo. It's Murray's other half that seems to be the deciding factor here, I thought we'd established that?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I really don't think he's that good at all. seen him play quality against Cheltenham where he scored a hat-trick and a couple of other matches he was good. the rest of them he looked disinterested, not willing to fight for the cause etc.

When he's good, he's good. But when it doesn't go for him he looks worse than average.

I mean Owusu was probably averaging 1 in every 2 games but unless they play a whole season and they score 20/25+ you can't call them a 20 goals a season striker.

Sell for profit, bring in someone who will fight and also scores and i'll be happy.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If as been talked about on here we should be looking for a settled side, how does having two good strikers who are always injured help tha cause? Murray seemed to be more injured than available and the same went for Forster.
People talked about a wonderfull strike force of Murray and Forster but how many times did they play together?
Lets get shot of him and look for a settled strike force that builds up an understanding. Something that has not happened since these two have been at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here