Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Leeds or Blackpool 500k

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
For half a million you should be able to get a decent striker at this level.

Barnard, Hooper, Cox and Forster were all signed for a lot less than 500k

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And I'm sure you'll be please to know we're going to hold a congratulatory party for you at the honey club this weekend.

Won't be in the country, can you accept any awards on my behalf ?:)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
For half a million you should be able to get a decent striker at this level.

Barnard, Hooper, Cox and Forster were all signed for a lot less than 500k
and, of course, Murray. It's not the greatest fee in the world but it wouldn't exactly be a scandal either, more than we paid for him, he wants out and spent most of last season injured. I don't like how people on here always seem to want to sell all our players for peanuts but that would be ok business.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it's a pretty good deal. It's a profit on a striker who doesn't want to be here and who was injured for half of last season. He might be a quality player but if Slade is allowed to spend the money on replacements then you can get a quality league one level striker for a lot less- Zamora and Knight were only 100k each. This money coupled with the money already set aside for the playing budget means we can (hopefully) build a really good team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think a sell on clause is a must when he goes, he has the potential (if he stays fit) to be a prolific and therefore expensive striker.

£500k plus 10/15% will be a good deal for us.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
True, but say he's scored "x goals in y games" don't present it as if he consistently scores in every other game, just because that's the average. There were many games in which he missed good opportunites that could have won us points, runs of games in which he failed to score.

My point is the statistics presented on here (both the 20 goals in 18 months, and the 20 goals in 44 games) are accurate, but are being presented in misleading ways.

Sorry, I did try to present it as a ratio but being at work means I have to type fast and not spend much time thinking about what I say.

Of course the end result slots in nicely with a lot of whats said on here anyway!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I think his goalscoring stat is misleading in Murray's favour. A fair chunk of those games were him getting back in the team following an injury so a good few sub appearances and a fair few games to get fit.

Yes he has been injured a lot, but if we are to get out of this division, I think we need a fully fit Glenn:down:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ive got to admit, I never really took to Murray. His heart and soul was never in it and it showed.

He never filled me with excitement when he picked the ball up...and in this division players like Lambert of brizzle, Mclean or perterborough, Beckford of Leeds and cox of swindon where strides ahead in my opinion.

If we can get 500k then great.....sure we will miss him, as you would with any good League one player that we may lose...but he is replaceable.

If we could get in someone from the championship who isnt getting a game or is in and out but it also proven at this level then great and im sure we'd have change left over.

I dont think he'd move down south but my vote goes to ex scunny striker Billy Sharp who's out of favour at Sheff united...he's been linked with leeds and huddersfield...but it seems at the moment...its us, leeds and huddersfield that are linked with everyone at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dont think he'd move down south but my vote goes to ex scunny striker Billy Sharp who's out of favour at Sheff united...he's been linked with leeds and huddersfield...but it seems at the moment...its us, leeds and huddersfield that are linked with everyone at the moment.

His little tantrums with the ref when we played Scunthorpe a few years ago were quality. Made for one of the best atmospheres at Withdean that season as the crowd got on his back.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Everyone seems to be thinking in terms of the cost to replace him as a transfer fee. The other option is get one (or two) good free transfers that we can use the Murray money as wages for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here