Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Leeds or Blackpool 500k

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Well if hes going to leave anyway, we might aswell make 500,000 for him, that would pay or a few good new signings

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think we should take 500k, seems a lot for someone who seems to have numerous injuries. Billy sharp would be great, not sure if he would come here but whats the harm in trying. Eastwood is another good shout, but they splashed out over 1million on him a year ago, surely wouldnt sell for less than half that? Webber would be another good player to go for, and we could offer higher wages as he is on a free.
What about james hayter? wouldnt be too expensive and may want to move back south?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
£500K is an amazing price.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think we should take 500k, seems a lot for someone who seems to have numerous injuries. Billy sharp would be great, not sure if he would come here but whats the harm in trying. Eastwood is another good shout, but they splashed out over 1million on him a year ago, surely wouldnt sell for less than half that? Webber would be another good player to go for, and we could offer higher wages as he is on a free.
What about james hayter? wouldnt be too expensive and may want to move back south?

I think James Hayter would definately be the most likey out of those you mentioned, i think he would be a great addition to our squad, as he has always scored goals wherever he has been. Could see a good partnership between him and Forster :ascarf:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
£500K is an amazing price.

Not really. Only if it all goes to another striker who is a proven 1 in 2 games type player. And those don't exactly grow on trees.

We don't need the money so 500k to lose what is by far our most naturally talented player is not particularly good business, really.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If Murray goes we will need To buy TWO strikers

Forster is not going to be fit enough to last a season
Davies at the moment doesnt look like he will be prolific upfront
Hart cant last 90 minutes, and he doesnt score that many despite his hard work
Dixon just seems like a waste of space, but as he never plays, we dont really know
Owusu gone
Murray gone
Gargan gone
Louis gone

We are crying out for a couple of strikers which if we want them to be any good will be the best part of £1million or we loan a player in for a season and lose them again, which is a bit pointless in the long run

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If Murray goes we will need To buy TWO strikers

Forster is not going to be fit enough to last a season
Davies at the moment doesnt look like he will be prolific upfront
Hart cant last 90 minutes, and he doesnt score that many despite his hard work
Dixon just seems like a waste of space, but as he never plays, we dont really know
Owusu gone
Murray gone
Gargan gone
Louis gone

We are crying out for a couple of strikers which if we want them to be any good will be the best part of £1million or we loan a player in for a season and lose them again, which is a bit pointless in the long run

Agree with you there. Ideally a decent striker for a rather big fee who is likely to score a few goals, and then (just a suggestion!) a season long loan, with a view to a permanent deal if whoever it is does well? I know people think we had too many loans, but thats a decent way of doing it imo.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I feel we need three strikers - as you say Forster and Hart are aging and injury prone (as is Murray) Davies has not proved himself and has probably put in 5 transfer requests already and Dixon is invisible. Owusu is a great loss however much people write off him off, we need to spend a million on strikers if Murray goes - one biggun, 1 established and 1 for the future

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Murray will be very hard to replace. Such a talent, and one I dont think we will see at the club upfront in a long time, unless we pay near £1million. Who that would be I have no idea.

that's a bit OTT mate! he's a good player but only a good one. nicky forster on last year's form is a better player than murrey in my view. plus murrey is almost always injured. 500k would be a superb sale.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
that's a bit OTT mate! he's a good player but only a good one. nicky forster on last year's form is a better player than murrey in my view. plus murrey is almost always injured. 500k would be a superb sale.

Whenever Murray got good service (Thornton for example vs. Cheltenham) he looked a top, top player. Easily Championship class. He'll end up worth more than 1m.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
What about Brett Pitman?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Provided he is fit Murray is worth more than £500k based on today's prices. Problem is he hasn't been fit all season and therefore selling right now is not ideal. Assuming that he will be fit next season we will struggle badly to replace him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Would you take £500k for a player with fitness issues who cost £300k two years ago and who has wanted to leave since day one. Yes.

Could you replace a player as good as a fit Murray for £500k, probably not, but that's not the situation we are facing.

Two separate and slightly unrelated questions. (1) What is a good price for a want away injury prone player? (2) What are we going to have to spend to get a new striker who is not injury prone and who is a good a striker as a fit Murray.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
What about Brett Pitman?

Good shout, they were just players off the top of my head. One player we should have a look at i think is Danny Graham, would be a small fee due to his age decided by a tribunal. The amount we will be saving on released players and the smaller fee means we could offer decent wages.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whenever Murray got good service (Thornton for example vs. Cheltenham) he looked a top, top player. Easily Championship class. He'll end up worth more than 1m.

Lets hope for a decent sell-on clause if he goes then.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A replacement can be found, and for less than 500k too. If we want to buy an established 25 goals a season league one striker then, yes, we will struggle to get one for that price. But how often and how many league one teams buy established 25 goals a season strikers? Was Murray an established league one striker when we bought him? No. Was Zamora? Was Leon Knight?(alright, he was kind of...). Was Nogan? Was (Swindon's)Cox? Was Eastwood? Was Billy Sharp? We're going to have to take a punt but then that's what the vast majority of clubs at this level have to do.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
A replacement can be found, and for less than 500k too. If we want to buy an established 25 goals a season league one striker then, yes, we will struggle to get one for that price. But how often and how many league one teams buy established 25 goals a season strikers? Was Murray an established league one striker when we bought him? No. Was Zamora? Was Leon Knight?(alright, he was kind of...). Was Nogan? Was (Swindon's)Cox? Was Eastwood? Was Billy Sharp? We're going to have to take a punt but then that's what the vast majority of clubs at this level have to do.

Good shout that man!
If we get Pittman, remember you heard it here first !:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here