Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Leeds or Blackpool 500k

Do you not think that when you earn your living as a professional footballer that football isn't the be all and end all? If it isn't (and it bloody well should be) then you've made a very poor career choice.

There is more to life than just your career, whoever you are, family, friends and being comfortable in the environment you live in are just as important.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£500,000 would represent us being mugged. :down: But the player wants to leave, so we can't really inflate his price too much to represent his actual value to us.

I just hope he doesn't go to Leeds, much as though I'd like to see him next season, I don't want to see him rip us apart!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is more to life than just your career, whoever you are, family, friends and being comfortable in the environment you live in are just as important.

That would be true if you were a fringe player with limited opportunities. However Murray is not in that category and thus has options that a lot of players don't have. Mind you, although Blackpool are in a higher league I would consider a move there not exactly a step up. Leeds on the other hand would be as things stand.

That would be true if you were a fringe player with limited opportunities. However Murray is not in that category and thus has options that a lot of players don't have. Mind you, although Blackpool are in a higher league I would consider a move there not exactly a step up. Leeds on the other hand would be as things stand.

Agree with your points on Leeds and Blackpool, but what I was trying to say is that some people on here seem to think that your career and especially one as a pro footballer overrides everything in your life. I'm saying that is not the case for a lot of people and perhaps Murray is one of them, perhaps he is thinking about his family life above is career at Brighton right now?
I'm glad you made the point that Murray has got a lot of opportunities and more options than average players as some people on here think that staying at the Albion will be the pinnacle of his career.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Agree with your points on Leeds and Blackpool, but what I was trying to say is that some people on here seem to think that your career and especially one as a pro footballer overrides everything in your life. I'm saying that is not the case for a lot of people and perhaps Murray is one of them, perhaps he is thinking about his family life above is career at Brighton right now?
I'm glad you made the point that Murray has got a lot of opportunities and more options than average players as some people on here think that staying at the Albion will be the pinnacle of his career.

It might be as high as he can go but few people would agree with that. Fact is he puts his family first which is the correct thing to do.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So Glenn and his other half didn't know where Brighton was when he signed a 3, that's three, year contract?

So Glenn and his other half didn't know where Brighton was when he signed a 3, that's three, year contract?

Yes I expect they did know where Brighton was, but unfortunately when his other half moved down here she didn't like it. Sometimes this can happen when people move to new areas.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

:dunce:

So your dumber, your mate was posting on here earlier.

He got an opportunity, gave it a try and it hasn't worked out. I bet there are thousands of people who move to other parts of the country with their jobs and find they or their family don't like the new location. Doesn't mean they never knew where it was in the first place!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I expect they did know where Brighton was, but unfortunately when his other half moved down here she didn't like it. Sometimes this can happen when people move to new areas.

Should have made her feelings known before the deal and move... if she wasn't sure, Glenn should either not have signed, or insisted on 1 or 2 years... sorry, but his behaviour is very disappointing however you dress it up...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:dunce:

So your dumber, your mate was posting on here earlier.

He got an opportunity, gave it a try and it hasn't worked out. I bet there are thousands of people who move to other parts of the country with their jobs and find they or their family don't like the new location. Doesn't mean they never knew where it was in the first place!!!!

Personal insults => poor argument

It's you're dumber BTW!

Players take the p1ss out of clubs nowadays, and Glenn is doing just that to our club right now... I support our club, not a want-away player...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Glenn was injured most of last season, we stood by him, and he kicks us in the nuts, and we are supposed to say, 'well done Glenn' and let him go for LESS than his market value...

Should have made her feelings known before the deal and move... if she wasn't sure, Glenn should either not have signed, or insisted on 1 or 2 years... sorry, but his behaviour is very disappointing however you dress it up...

What a load of rubbish, how on earth can anyone be 100% certain that they will be happy when they move to somewhere new? People move to new places and surprise surprise they give it a go, you know, try it out and see what it is like.
Being that a career in professional football is so short can you really blame Murray for accepting a three deal by the club when he joined?
This is another case of NSC sour grapes, with people unfairly criticising a player for wanting a move because his partner hasn't settled in the South.
When will people realise that the only loyalty in football comes from the fans? Has Murray really been unloyal to the club? It's not as if he has said he would sign an extension to his contract and then goes off to another club is it? In fact he has stayed on another year from his original transfer request, which is quite a loyal thing to do IMHO.

Glenn was injured most of last season, we stood by him, and he kicks us in the nuts, and we are supposed to say, 'well done Glenn' and let him go for LESS than his market value...

Who has said that we are going to let him go less than his market value? In fact the word from the club is that we expect a good price for him.

Managing director Ken Brown said: “The view is he is our player – we don’t want him to go. Russell rates him very highly, so we will see.

“Everyone has a price in football but the price on him is high.

“If someone comes in with an offer that seriously turns our heads then no doubt we will consider it but Russell doesn’t have to sell him and doesn’t want to sell him.”

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What a load of rubbish, how on earth can anyone be 100% certain that they will be happy when they move to somewhere new? People move to new places and surprise surprise they give it a go, you know, try it out and see what it is like.
Being that a career in professional football is so short can you really blame Murray for accepting a three deal by the club when he joined?
This is another case of NSC sour grapes, with people unfairly criticising a player for wanting a move because his partner hasn't settled in the South.
When will people realise that the only loyalty in football comes from the fans? Has Murray really been unloyal to the club? It's not as if he has said he would sign an extension to his contract and then goes off to another club is it? In fact he has stayed on another year from his original transfer request, which is quite a loyal thing to do IMHO.

Absolute rubbish... loyalty would be staying at least to the end of your contract... your view is obviously skewed by your personal experience...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who has said that we are going to let him go less than his market value? In fact the word from the club is that we expect a good price for him.

Managing director Ken Brown said: “The view is he is our player – we don’t want him to go. Russell rates him very highly, so we will see.

“Everyone has a price in football but the price on him is high.

“If someone comes in with an offer that seriously turns our heads then no doubt we will consider it but Russell doesn’t have to sell him and doesn’t want to sell him.”

Fair point, but there is clearly more pressure on us to sell him below market value, since he is hardly going to be the happiest player in the world if he stays...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Absolute rubbish... loyalty would be staying at least to the end of your contract... your view is obviously skewed by your personal experience...

Thats clever then. How much would we get for him at the end of his contract then? Did you think of that?

One minute you're arguing we shouldn't let him go for less than his market value and then next you think it ok if he walks for nothing. Get your argument straight.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
At the end of the day if a player is not happy off the field it's more than likely it will affect his play.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thats clever then. How much would we get for him at the end of his contract then? Did you think of that?

One minute you're arguing we shouldn't let him go for less than his market value and then next you think it ok if he walks for nothing. Get your argument straight.

No... I was just responding to the previous point re loyalty... I don't think handing in a transfer request 6 months into your contract demonstrates loyalty... do you? Handing in a second one a year later is not exactly exhibiting loyalty either, is it?

If he stays for another 2 seasons we get his services as a player for another 2 seasons, which is, after all, what we paid £300k (and his salary) for in the first place...

I suggest that you drop your argument because you clearly cannot take a reasoned approach to the issue... :bigwave:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Murray is a good player,but is he a good pro. I don`t think he is.He needs to knuckle down and honour his contract.I know honour is a rarity these days but in the cold light of day,he is at a good club earning decent money and Sussex is not a bad place to live is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here