Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Gutted he has left tbh and as much as everyone says "in Gus and Tony we trust" I just cant see us having 2 better strikers than him next yr, hopefully I've just got a bit of small club syndrome going on.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
100% typical modern day footballer not unfortunately having the loyalty and love of the fans as a LeTissier did.Probably the only good thing about Southampton of course.

Attachments

• murray.bmp
    148.6 KB · Views: 316
  • imagesCAHJ1HHL.jpg
    imagesCAHJ1HHL.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
May not of cut it anyway , GP clearly didn't rate him at the top end of what we could pay.

f*** him

Hope it all goes badly for him

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think I'm with Buzzer. Pretending that you're really cool about the idea of him going to Palace is bizarre, that's not what being a fan is about. They are our bitter rivals, we've finally got the upper hand after about 25 years, we didn't need this.

As has been said, we'll see if it's just a few internet geeks at the Falmer game next season. Unless of course he's really brave and 'picks up a hamstring strain'.

In the big picture I'm not too concerned, we have excellent people running the show. You could maybe question the wisdom of letting the contract of one of your best players run down like that rather than given him an earlier ultimatum and selling him, but we were probably better off at least taking his goals for promotion.

I am certainly not one of those saying he was rubbish, having stated he would be a hit in the Championship - but I do also believe that in a year's time we won't still be talking about this (thank f**k), because we will have as good or better.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Oh well. Cheers nonethless Glenn, when you were focussed you were bloody brilliant.

Whoever they get in, they've got to be easier to interview. The look on the club's face when I asked if I could get Glenn in for the podcast was *priceless*.

For my money, the type of replacements Gus gets will be interesting and indicative of his mid-to-long term plans. He's already alluded to not getting a 'similar' striker; we already have a continually improving 'work in progress' in Barnes (and I can't see him getting anything but better next season) so I'm thinking we may end up with a more talismanic and aggressive replacement to Murray; someone with more authority and consistency, and hopefully, as good a target/hold up man as Murray was.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm glad there's an end to this saga. As for slagging the bloke off, his goals were crucial in getting us promoted, and without promotion we wouldn't be looking at submitting a planning application for extending our capacity.

Go back a year, and nobody on here was expecting us to have sold all season tickets AND have a waiting list of 200 and climbing.

Glenn's entitled to his pay day, if that's what he wants, but he'd be a **** in my eyes if he joins lowly Palace at that shithole of a ground.

^ Very much this ^

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
To be honest, I thought this was happening anyway. All the clues are there, The Will Hoskins bid late in the season, Murrays sheepish presence at the Parade, hiding towards the back.

Its disappointing a little, but I think we will be ok.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh well. Cheers nonethless Glenn, when you were focussed you were bloody brilliant.

Whoever they get in, they've got to be easier to interview. The look on the club's face when I asked if I could get Glenn in for the podcast was *priceless*.

For my money, the type of replacements Gus gets will be interesting and indicative of his mid-to-long term plans. He's already alluded to not getting a 'similar' striker; we already have a continually improving 'work in progress' in Barnes (and I can't see him getting anything but better next season) so I'm thinking we may end up with a more talismanic and aggressive replacement to Murray; someone with more authority and consistency, and hopefully, as good a target/hold up man as Murray was.

I think if we're going to spend a decent fee this year it'll be on ''that'' striker, as well as Hoskins.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do also believe that in a year's time we won't still be talking about this (thank f**k), because we will have as good or better.

Exactly.

Its not like we EVER bother mentioning moody ex-Albion players on here whenever they move on, score or fart in the breeze. I can't think of any instances where this has occurred whatsoever.

No sir.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We don't care about you,We don't care about you, You judas wanker, we don't care about you.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Exactly.

Its not like we EVER bother mentioning moody ex-Albion players on here whenever they move on, score or fart in the breeze. I can't think of any instances where this has occurred whatsoever.

No sir.

Christ we even cheer on Hollywood at Stevenage! It's funny being an obsessive Seagull ain't it?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
thanks for the goals Glenn, without them I doubt we would have gone up this year. I hope it all goes pete tong for you at Sainsburys and that your wife dont settle.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
At this point I am more sad than angry. I really thought that it was just rumourmill and that he would do a Calderon on us....I think he will be very useful in the Championship.

How can we replace him? Hoskins hopefully, although Glenn brought so much to the team in terms of hold up play, winning FK's and pens. What's CKR upto these days?

To another point hand - my office has a load of Palace fans here. To a man, they are all a bunch of cnuts. Particularly today.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I bet he wants an amicable parting ffs which planet is he on ? Failed to reach agreement = greed !!! If joining Palace = 100% greedy Judas !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here