Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

Well I think that article can lay to rest any idea that this might turn into a 'Calderonesque' type of last minute change of mind.

If you're reading this Glenn .... thanks for the 3+ years, especially last year, and whatever some of the pillocks on here might be suggesting, you were not shite, and you did do a fantastic job for us, and we will find you bloody hard to replace.

.......... but replace you we will.

The club were absolutely right not to give in to wage demands that they deemed excessive, but you are equally right to pursue the best rewards that you can possibly obtain for the remainder of your career, and there isn't one of the bleating hypocrites on this board who are slagging you off, who wouldn't do the same given the chance.
A man's loyalty should always be the well-being and financial security of his family first ... and all other considerations second.

It's well known that a footballer's career is a very short one (unless your name begins with Ryan and ends with Giggs), so it's essential you maximise your earning power whilst you can.
This is especially true in your case Glenn, because if you seriously consider signing for them pikeys up the road, it's a clear indication you must have shit for brains and that you'll never hold down a career outside of football.

Think again son, while you still can .....
.... but meanwhile thanks for a massive contribution in helping us up to the next level, you go with my best wishes ..... xx

Oh shut up,he`s a cun t!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't feel sad about him going, I personally think he will struggle in the Championship and clearly so did Gus.

I would wish him well for what he has done this season BUT if he joins Palace he will in my mind be a total ****. I will boo loudly and longly IF he stays in the scum team long enough to play at the AMEX.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I don't feel sad about him going, I personally think he will struggle in the Championship and clearly so did Gus.

I would wish him well for what he has done this season BUT if he joins Palace he will in my mind be a total ****. I will boo loudly and longly IF he stays in the scum team long enough to play at the AMEX.

How can anyone say hes not good enough? he was one of the best players, so does that mean most of our team is not good enough?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How can anyone say hes not good enough? he was one of the best players, so does that mean most of our team is not good enough?
Yeah all our players are crap:D

Im glad murray has gone as he was a bit of an outcast and a tad strange,but he had a brilliant season and is seriously milking it for what is a good league 1 striker.He may do well next season who knows but time will tell.

Shame he didn't do much for the other 2 1/2 years he was here:shrug:

We will never know how good he could,ve of been for us in the championship,but hey who cares onwards and upwards as i reckon he will be a lazy flop:D

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Yeah all our players are crap:D

Im glad murray has gone as he was a bit of an outcast and a tad strange,but he had a brilliant season and is seriously milking it for what is a good league 1 striker.He may do well next season who knows but time will tell.

Shame he didn't do much for the other 2 1/2 years he was here:shrug:

We will never know how good he could,ve of been for us in the championship,but hey who cares onwards and upwards as i reckon he will be a lazy flop:D

Great reply, most Albions fans would of loved him to stay.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Lurker is spot on except for one point, it is nonsense that it is any different that he is joining Palace,he is going end of story!

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Funny, Funny, Funny... It's not about the Money,Money,Murray... it's not about the price tag's ¿ Just look at who we've signed Lad's ¿ The Bling-Ker-Ching... Welcome aboard Will, he carved through our quality defence like butter to score @Rovers, right in front of where we sat... & we sang... "sign him up" "sign him up" "sign him up" ... #bhafc

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It was always clear Murray was going to go for the best deal he could, age 27, and it is no coincidence his best season is the last of his contract. This was confirmed for me at the seafront parade where he was sheepish and couldn't wait to go home.

Where he is misguided is that fans have long memories - good and bad - and he's passed up the chance to be respected and admired by Brighton fans for ever, particularly if he does end up signing for Palarse. Some might argue, this doesn't pay the mortgage. But in the end money isn't everything and it can't buy you the status a club hero has. And this often leads to work post-retirement, ask Johnny Byrne, Richard Carpenter, Danny Cullip, Guy Butters, Paul Watson, Charlie Oatway, Paul Rogers, Norman Gall.

He clearly DOES care what fans think which is why his agent drafted the 'thanks to the fans' release. But this won't cut much ice when he ships up at the AmEx next season.

PG

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i personnally think some of the comments on here are a bit out of order, the guy not single handly admittedly, but the guys goals got us promoted, without them I doubt we would have gone up auto, and without his all round play there is a chance we may not even have got play offs, the fact is we were BETTER with him in the side than without, as the last two games show, whether he makes it at the scum is for all too see, but I dont blame him for wanting to line his pockets, he is no worse than most other pro players. Fair play to him and good luck. The only down side is he looks like joining the pikeys and they are a really shit team and Im not sure his style of plays suits a shit team, look at his record when we were shit.....not good. I for one will give him a clap when I see him and then a quiet boo.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Don't know if:

- He'll like Croydon jams and pollution, when at heart a shy Cumbrian lad?
- If that red-card temper will resurface if frustrated against better defenders and masters of wind-up?.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Well I think that article can lay to rest any idea that this might turn into a 'Calderonesque' type of last minute change of mind.

If you're reading this Glenn .... thanks for the 3+ years, especially last year, and whatever some of the pillocks on here might be suggesting, you were not shite, and you did do a fantastic job for us, and we will find you bloody hard to replace.

.......... but replace you we will.

The club were absolutely right not to give in to wage demands that they deemed excessive, but you are equally right to pursue the best rewards that you can possibly obtain for the remainder of your career, and there isn't one of the bleating hypocrites on this board who are slagging you off, who wouldn't do the same given the chance.
A man's loyalty should always be the well-being and financial security of his family first ... and all other considerations second.

It's well known that a footballer's career is a very short one (unless your name begins with Ryan and ends with Giggs), so it's essential you maximise your earning power whilst you can.
This is especially true in your case Glenn, because if you seriously consider signing for them pikeys up the road, it's a clear indication you must have shit for brains and that you'll never hold down a career outside of football.

Think again son, while you still can .....
.... but meanwhile thanks for a massive contribution in helping us up to the next level, you go with my best wishes ..... xx

THIS
I have no problem with the man moving on - whatever the reason, but it would be better if he didn't end up in Pikeyville

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think he would have been in and out of our team next year. Its going to be a struggle for a number of our squad to play well in The Championship and Gus knows this and so no-one is indespensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here