Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Am confident Gus can replace him. However much of a blow it seems now, I am going to reserve judgement until we see who we bring in.

Poyet has already said he is after 7 or 8 new players. Our team could look completely different come the new season. Could end up being an exciting summer.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
None other than Hoskins, but thats only because it is doing the rounds I guess.

Poyet is back home. I guess the hard work starts when he gets back.

There are bigger name targets than Hoskins, according to a journalist that was on Talksport the same day as Gus the other week. He won't divulge though, I believe that is the usual etiquette, Walt?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That is quite clearly ridiculous.

Why? he only scored ONE goal less, and arguably got in far more goal-scoring positions that Murray did. If he ups his conversion rate and is joined by another decent striker Barnes may get the leading role he clearly craves.

Don't get me wrong, Murray was my favourite player of last season, but if all he wants to do is shove as much Palace swag into his wallet without a care for where his career is going, then good riddance. The man is a FOOL if he thinks he has a more fulfilling future with that shower than with us. Yes he gets the money, but I suspect we were hardly offering him a paupers salary either. He can bugger off count his cash and watch his career fade away as far as I'm concerned.

As for next year I fully trust Gus to get in an adequate replacement, we'll hardly miss him at all I reckon (in complete contrast as to how we missed him this year when absent).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
why? He only scored one goal less, and arguably got in far more goal-scoring positions that murray did. If he ups his conversion rate and is joined by another decent striker barnes may get the leading role he clearly craves.

Don't get me wrong, murray was my favourite player of last season, but if all he wants to do is shove as much palace swag into his wallet without a care for where his career is going, then good riddance. The man is a fool if he thinks he has a more fulfilling future with that shower than with us. Yes he gets the money, but i suspect we were hardly offering him a paupers salary either. He can bugger off count his cash and watch his career fade away as far as i'm concerned.

As for next year i fully trust gus to get in an adequate replacement, we'll hardly miss him at all i reckon (in complete contrast as to how we missed him this year when absent).

this!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There are bigger name targets than Hoskins, according to a journalist that was on Talksport the same day as Gus the other week. He won't divulge though, I believe that is the usual etiquette, Walt?

Yeah, I am sure Andy Naylor knows a lot more than he is allowed to write purely because stuff gets said off the record.

The Murray stuff came from someone I know who is involved up at Palace where, apparantly, it was quite common knowledge despite what Freedman was saying. The bloke isn't a coach or player at Selhurst but not much seems to pass him by.

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Argus this morning is carrying the story that Gus is planning for life without Murray but further down mentioned we are still in the lead to get Hoskins for about £500k + Add-ons. Also mentions that we've had a bid for Will Buckley from Watford turned down, not seen his name mentioned previously.

Ok so Glenn Murray came good this season with a bucket full of goals But if the rumours are true? and palarse are in the lead to sign him, then where are Glenns Brains? and where for that will palase borrow the money to pay his wages etc etc with there down & out credit rating? Glenn must like playing at athletic stadiums as it is widely known that palarse are trying to move back to thier Original Ground

Crystal Palace FC plan return to historic home - AFL Architects

Eagles announce plans to move to new stadium at Crystal Palace Park - Eagles announce plans to move to new stadium at Crystal Palace Park From Croydon Guardian

Which as far as is known, for them to do as we did at Withdean, play at the athletics track while they try to raise the Money to build the a new stadium and then get planning permission? (eh ? bin there seen that been to Gillingham and bought the T-shirt) and then build it thought they were deep in debt & almost going to the wall and only just kept themselves in the Championship..

Well all I can say is that Glenn needs his Bumps felt ?? as I would have thought for him it would have been a no Brainer to stay with the Albion, and at the Amex and prove him self in the Championship next season, if he could?

All I can say is that in his quest to get More Money, Money, Money! I hope it does not bring him down to earth with a great Big Bump and end up out on loan to likes of Hereford or Lincoln City etc !!

One man don't make a team and no one man is Bigger than Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club ( Well apart from Gus "lol" )

So Good Luck Glenn in what ever you decide to do But I think your a Total Bread Headed Fool if you don't Stay at Brighton !!
Bring on David Nugent & Michael Owen !!!!!

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't often feel angry towards ex- Players but Murray is a fffffffffffffking :wanker:I hope that his career dives, greedy bastard.

:censored::censored: anyway i have the feeling he is likely too become to fat for a quality centre forward.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So, are all those people who told me I was talking shit when I said Palace were offering him 10k a week compared to our £6.5k a few weeks back going to say sorry for telling me I was talking bollocks?

Thought not.

Oh bore off will ya. You said he hadn't comemnced negotiations in January when Glen himself has told quite a few people he knows that the offer in January was considered 'derisory'.

We've already been told on here that we're not allowed to be upset with Murray for leaving (although in my mind it isn't all about the here and now of money when changing a role, there are other factors such as quality of life and future potential and what you can gain from in the longer term).

So that means my ire needs to be directed somewhere else. I'm just looking for a suitable volunteer.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Well I think that article can lay to rest any idea that this might turn into a 'Calderonesque' type of last minute change of mind.

If you're reading this Glenn .... thanks for the 3+ years, especially last year, and whatever some of the pillocks on here might be suggesting, you were not shite, and you did do a fantastic job for us, and we will find you bloody hard to replace.

.......... but replace you we will.

The club were absolutely right not to give in to wage demands that they deemed excessive, but you are equally right to pursue the best rewards that you can possibly obtain for the remainder of your career, and there isn't one of the bleating hypocrites on this board who are slagging you off, who wouldn't do the same given the chance.
A man's loyalty should always be the well-being and financial security of his family first ... and all other considerations second.

It's well known that a footballer's career is a very short one (unless your name begins with Ryan and ends with Giggs), so it's essential you maximise your earning power whilst you can.
This is especially true in your case Glenn, because if you seriously consider signing for them pikeys up the road, it's a clear indication you must have shit for brains and that you'll never hold down a career outside of football.

Think again son, while you still can .....
.... but meanwhile thanks for a massive contribution in helping us up to the next level, you go with my best wishes ..... xx

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Post of the day.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
That's the main gripe for me. Bought for £300K, 'sold' for zilch. Still.

Then we should have sold him when he was still our player. Except everyone knew he would be out of contract at the end of the season and could just hang on to settle a deal which didn't involve paying us for him.

We didn't and chose to go up rather than take easy money. And face it if you are confronted with the choice of doing exactly the same job for an extra £3,000 a week what choice would you make?

And plenty of players have played for both clubs without any problems.

But I think that shows the level that we have now moved up to where we can't /won't match wages being offered to players by teams who finished in the bottom five

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
But I think that shows the level that we have now moved up to where we can't /won't match wages being offered to players by teams who finished in the bottom five

I think it's more a case of "chose not to in this case" than "can't"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It matters not one jot how well he played for us this season.

If he joins Palace... the man automatically.........

BECOMES A C U N T

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here