Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ we even cheer on Hollywood at Stevenage! It's funny being an obsessive Seagull ain't it?

Indeed.

I think we have our new Leon Knight. There's going to be a dozen threads next season, 10+ pages on Glenns trevails.

And god help us if he ever discovers Twitter.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Story now on official site, with nice comments from Murray and Tony Bloom. Seems to be an amicable split.

Official site story

Well I think that article can lay to rest any idea that this might turn into a 'Calderonesque' type of last minute change of mind.

If you're reading this Glenn .... thanks for the 3+ years, especially last year, and whatever some of the pillocks on here might be suggesting, you were not shite, and you did do a fantastic job for us, and we will find you bloody hard to replace.

.......... but replace you we will.

The club were absolutely right not to give in to wage demands that they deemed excessive, but you are equally right to pursue the best rewards that you can possibly obtain for the remainder of your career, and there isn't one of the bleating hypocrites on this board who are slagging you off, who wouldn't do the same given the chance.
A man's loyalty should always be the well-being and financial security of his family first ... and all other considerations second.

It's well known that a footballer's career is a very short one (unless your name begins with Ryan and ends with Giggs), so it's essential you maximise your earning power whilst you can.
This is especially true in your case Glenn, because if you seriously consider signing for them pikeys up the road, it's a clear indication you must have shit for brains and that you'll never hold down a career outside of football.

Think again son, while you still can .....
.... but meanwhile thanks for a massive contribution in helping us up to the next level, you go with my best wishes ..... xx

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
100% typical modern day footballer not unfortunately having the loyalty and love of the fans as a LeTissier did.Probably the only good thing about Southampton of course.

What a strange thing to say. By that reckoning he should never have come to us in the first place. He should have stayed at Rochdale or Carlisle or Workington, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
To another point hand - my office has a load of Palace fans here. To a man, they are all a bunch of cnuts. Particularly today.[/QUOTE]

Easily solved. Bury their staplers in jelly. Caravan dwellers definitely don't trust jelly, it's something about the way it moves.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Well I think that article can lay to rest any idea that this might turn into a 'Calderonesque' type of last minute change of mind.

If you're reading this Glenn .... thanks for the 3+ years, especially last year, and whatever some of the pillocks on here might be suggesting, you were not shite, and you did do a fantastic job for us, and we will find you bloody hard to replace.

.......... but replace you we will.

The club were absolutely right not to give in to wage demands that they deemed excessive, but you are equally right to pursue the best rewards that you can possibly obtain for the remainder of your career, and there isn't one of the bleating hypocrites on this board who are slagging you off, who wouldn't do the same given the chance.
A man's loyalty should always be the well-being and financial security of his family first ... and all other considerations second.

It's well known that a footballer's career is a very short one (unless your name begins with Ryan and ends with Giggs), so it's essential you maximise your earning power whilst you can.
This is especially true in your case Glenn, because if you seriously consider signing for them pikeys up the road, it's a clear indication you must have shit for brains and that you'll never hold down a career outside of football.

Think again son, while you still can .....
.... but meanwhile thanks for a massive contribution in helping us up to the next level, you go with my best wishes ..... xx

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted that he's gone, but as plenty of others have said at least the saga is over before it dragged on and on. Now we can concentrate on getting in replacements and have faith in Gus that they'll do the business next season.

Murray was fantastic this season. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play up front and we always looked a far better team with him there than the Barnes/Wood partnership. That's not overly criticising those two, we just did. He showed some utter class touches in the box to score goals at crucial times and without him we wouldn't have won the league, but as with any Championship winning side he was blessed with fantastic service and next season, in a lot tougher division, we'll see what he's made of.

As to hating the fella, well yeah I'll be gutted if he does join Palace, but that's football. He has no undying loyalty to our club and for the payday he's going to get then good luck to him, that's what obviously motivates the man and who could blame him in the short careers of footballers. I'll give him some stick at the games, but life's too short and Albion have had a lot worse disasters to deal with. Time to celebrate the good times he gave us last season and move on.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So, are all those people who told me I was talking shit when I said Palace were offering him 10k a week compared to our £6.5k a few weeks back going to say sorry for telling me I was talking bollocks?

Thought not.

DanielT

Do you think his agent was saying to him: "Glenn they're not going to let you go, just do a Rooney/Tevez... at the last minute they'll back down." Of course, same chat could have been between Gus and Tony too, but I think I know who the better bluffer is!

Another thought (I had a few thoughts all at once and had to sit down) He wasn't too bad at defending though. When he went out against Southampton we started letting goals in quite easily, no?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So, are all those people who told me I was talking shit when I said Palace were offering him 10k a week compared to our £6.5k a few weeks back going to say sorry for telling me I was talking bollocks?

Thought not.

Where exactly does it categorically state the Albion offerred Murray £6.5k and Palace £10k a week.....?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Where exactly does it categorically state the Albion offerred Murray £6.5k and Palace £10k a week.....?

Well, those were the figures.

But plenty of people on here told me I was talking shit - especially when Freedman distanced himself from Murray.

I guess I wasn't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thought not.

and i recall you saying Palace were interested when we all thought itwas his agent. I'd say you're one of very few on here with a credible source. As usual some twats will give u shit and then not apologise :thumbsup:

Maybe just email or PM me anything else you hear mate as i'd be keen to know.

The most sickening part of this is that Murray's agent 'offered' him to Palace. I f***ing hate agents. And I hate the fact Glenn didn't say 'anyone but Palace' to them. No loyalty atall. ****.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Thought not.

Has he officially signed for anyone yet?

Thought not

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Didn't the Club do the same with Calderon this season? Is this a game of call my bluff again?

I'm still not 100% convinced this is the end of it, until he signs a contract somewhere he could well come crawling back. and i for one would welcome him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here