Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No doubt he will be a loss but Gus never seemed that fussed and I expect he has others already lined up, so onwards and upwards

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of the very best players to play for the Albion in the last 15 years. Made a massive contribution to (statistically) the best season we've EVER had, and he will be missed.

By all means boo him to the rafters if he washes up at Palace, that is your right, but please, please give over on the "he was rubbish, anyway, and we're better off without him" nonsense. Its pathetic.

Indeed

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
One of the very best players to play for the Albion in the last 15 years. Made a massive contribution to (statistically) the best season we've EVER had, and he will be missed.

By all means boo him to the rafters if he washes up at Palace, that is your right, but please, please give over on the "he was rubbish, anyway, and we're better off without him" nonsense. Its pathetic.

agree entirely. From the moment he scored twice on his home debut (one being a superb instinctive volley) I have been willing him to be successful. Very pleased with what he did achieve for us, but realised he was going to leave (and I dont for one minute think he was ever going to sign a contract until close season). I just hoped it wouldn't be to the team from Croydon.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Glad to see a line drawn under this. Thanks for the memories Glenn.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I don't really agree. Although this season he played very well, other seasons he hasn't and I don't think he's the best player in the current squad

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Agreed. However, while I don't go so far as to re-write history to the point of saying he was "rubbish", it should be remembered that he has never played in The Championship, so for all we know he might not be up to it at that level. If we are talking £10k, a week, then I think we are right to wave goodbye, as that would be a big risk IMHO.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
A Great striker for the Albion, If he ends up at Palace he will be scum, the same as any other Player who ends up at Selhurst - dirty Palace scum ! Good luck Glenn I think you will need it.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Given that we are still paying him can we not put him to work up at the stadium there must be a few dangerous jobs that still need doing

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If he's goes to Palace he can get f***ed and I will boo him to the rafters.

If he goes anywhere else - thanks for everything and good luck.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I don't really agree. Although this season he played very well, other seasons he hasn't and I don't think he's the best player in the current squad

No, you're right, Ankergren is a much better goalkeeper, Calde and Painter are both much better fullbacks, Greer is easily a better defender .....
However, name me a better striker at the club and I will disagree with you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Glad to see a mature response.

He's gone to our arch-rivals. What do you expect people to say about the money-grabbing northern c unt? Oh well, Glenn...no hard feelings...I don't think so.

Glenn's Agent: You've the choice of an extra £100,000 a year, but it may mean upsetting some people on the internet

Glenn: Hmmmmmmm, difficult one that

Yeah. It's just a few people on the internet. Tell you what. I'll bounce that comment when he comes down to Falmer and has 19,500 or so people booing him and calling him a wanker. I'll make a prediction that it completely trumps any abuse that McGleish, Hammond and Harding ever got by a sizeable margin.

He could have gone anywhere at all but he picked our arch-rivals. He knows how we feel about them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed. However, while I don't go so far as to re-write history to the point of saying he was "rubbish", it should be remembered that he has never played in The Championship, so for all we know he might not be up to it at that level. If we are talking £10k, a week, then I think we are right to wave goodbye, as that would be a big risk IMHO.

I don't think anyone is arguing with that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, you're right, Ankergren is a much better goalkeeper, Calde and Painter are both much better fullbacks, Greer is easily a better defender .....
However, name me a better striker at the club and I will disagree with you.

No, I agree he was the best striker at the club. Now lets hope we can get someone better!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
They have no care for us.

Attachments

• imagesCA7CHAND.jpg
    imagesCA7CHAND.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 379
  • pounds.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 398
  • imagesCAP9CEEF.jpg
    imagesCAP9CEEF.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 378
  • seagull shit.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 392
  • imagesCAB3PL4B.jpg
    imagesCAB3PL4B.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 378

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Given that we are still paying him can we not put him to work up at the stadium there must be a few dangerous jobs that still need doing

Polishing the lenses of the floodlights without a safety rope on a very windy day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here