Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Glenn's Agent: You've the choice of an extra £100,000 a year, but it may mean upsetting some people on the internet

Glenn: Hmmmmmmm, difficult one that

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Honestly couldn't give a shit. He's nothing without Bennett, Noone, Dicker, Bricutt, Barnes and Wood assisting him, as seen in previous seasons.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Thank you Gus and TB for not letting us be held to ransom by someone who doesn't want to play for our club.

And for all his bleating about wanting to go back north he is seemingly going to end up 50 miles further north at the sh1thole that is Selhurst. :tosser:

Can't wait to see him at the Amex when he finds out that he 'should have stayed at a big club' :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of the very best players to play for the Albion in the last 15 years. Made a massive contribution to (statistically) the best season we've EVER had, and he will be missed.

By all means boo him to the rafters if he washes up at Palace, that is your right, but please, please give over on the "he was rubbish, anyway, and we're better off without him" nonsense. Its pathetic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My hope is that Murray thought the club would still back down given he's under contract until the end of May officially and the club have called his bluff and effectively said "f*** off" then :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If Glenn did reportedly sign for £10k per week & we only offerd £7k, who in their right mind wouldn't want an extra £150k pa especially when they are in their 20s. We should respect Glenn's choice and accept players do not love clubs like we the fans do (with the odd exception). The club didn't stretch the budget for Glenn so they must have confidence in bringing in someone better.

Thanks Glenn for helping us into the Championship & see you at The Amex next season.

Agree 100% I believe that there is good money waiting for the right person/s

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That's two top quality strikers we need for next season then, at least it has happened now and hasn't dragged out

BEBE and one other.

Farewell Glen and thanks for the memories :bigwave:

You'd have been surplus to the requirements in the near future anyway as we move onto bigger things.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of the very best players to play for the Albion in the last 15 years. Made a massive contribution to (statistically) the best season we've EVER had, and he will be missed.

By all means boo him to the rafters if he washes up at Palace, that is your right, but please, please give over on the "he was rubbish, anyway, and we're better off without him" nonsense. Its pathetic.

You're right. He's a **** though :thumbsup: (if he goes Palarse or SCC for that matter). We've lost £1m on him I'd say as he went for nothing - still we've prob gained a lot on Bridcutt / Benno / Greer / Calde / Painter etc etc if they did ever go - I guess that's football.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Glenn's Agent: You've the choice of an extra £100,000 a year, but it may mean upsetting some people on the internet

But these people are the same people who have stuck with him through all the shit he has had since he has been at the club and done nothing but support him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well done the club for ending all this nonsense. Bye Glenn. Enjoy Shithurst and the amount of abuse you're likely to get from both Albion and Palarse fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yup, just about sums it up.

It's not like its a career that goes on forever. Who in their right mind wouldn't do the same?

Shame the club couldn't have matched it tho.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think the club come out of this badly at all. The offer seems to have been fair, more than fair. If someone else is prepared to go crazy, there's not much you can do. I am also very confident Gus and Tony can make Brighton seem a like a very good move to decent players, we all have to start thinking a bit more big-time on targets after years in the doldrums.

Murray's out of contract situation helps him massively on wage demands. I think the AVERAGE salary in the Championship (so that will include very high ex-Prem earners on £1m-a-year) is about £270,000, so for Murray, who has never played there, to turn down almost £400k-a-year from us, you know someone else is taking a big risk.

He was good this season, I agree with Pavilionaire that maybe he has planned this all along and put in extra effort this season knowing he would need a buyer. If he goes to Palace, he can expect a load of grief, and after this season, he's going to get plenty if he goes to Southampton.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I do LOVE the way we deal with players. We're not going to get caught in a "will he won't he" scenario. We've made an offer, we've said it's final, and presumably given him a date to accept it or move on.

Excellent, and now we know he's not signing, so we can plan without him.

I think the club are handling things EXACTLY right.

:clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've hardly told him to f*** off. We're the ones who made a final offer and he told us to f*** off.

Sometimes you'd love to know what goes on behind the scenes. If it's true Poyet was always preparing for life without Murray you wonder what was said to convince Bennett to stay back in January when Norwich came calling. I don't know how they convinced Calde and Bennett to stay but that's some persuasion!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
If Glenn did reportedly sign for £10k per week & we only offerd £7k, who in their right mind wouldn't want an extra £150k pa especially when they are in their 20s. We should respect Glenn's choice and accept players do not love clubs like we the fans do (with the odd exception). The club didn't stretch the budget for Glenn so they must have confidence in bringing in someone better.

Thanks Glenn for helping us into the Championship & see you at The Amex next season.

Again it all depends on your quality of life. Money just makes things more comfortable, but it certainly does not bring you happiness.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

100% correct.

As for the rewriting of history about his play before last season, it's bollocks. His goalscoring record was reasonable, he struck gold with the service we had this year, but his play was still immense.

Sorely missed, second highest scorer in the Withdean years for the Albion. Whoever gets him will have his best three years out of him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1/Thank the lord it is all over.
2/Thanks for the goals and defensive headers Glenn.
3/Thanks Gus and Tony for not giving in to any demands you seem not to benifit the club as a whole.
4/I never really liked him anyway, northern monkey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here