Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Gone - Official Text

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good luck to him - he has now got his retirement fund pretty much in place with (I understand) a very lucrative £10K+ per week two-year deal and, with the exception that he has chosen to go to the one club that his erstwhile fans hate more than any other, who can blame him for securing his future in a business where you are only ever one bad tackle from being finished?

The best part of the whole deal is that it is over and done with now and isn't going to drag on and prevent us from getting a replacement

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think this could well have been gus's plan all along - get a decent season out of Glenn and get in better strikers for the championship without the need to "do a Forster" this time

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'd love to wish him all the best for the future, but I don't. I do however thank him for last season as without his transformation, we probably would still be in league 1. I think the club were 100% right not being held to ransom by an untried Championship striker. By all means take the dough Glenn, but be prepared to fail spectacularly with your new mates up the wrong end of the A23.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd love to wish him all the best for the future, but I don't. I do however thank him for last season as without his transformation, we probably would still be in league 1. I think the club were 100% right not being held to ransom by an untried Championship striker. By all means take the dough Glenn, but be prepared to fail spectacularly with your new mates up the wrong end of the A23.

Post of the day.

Now f*** of Glenda I'll help you pack.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wish him nothing but the worst.

Me too. If he goes SCC or Palace. Anywhere else, good luck but you've made a mistake and are only money orientated Glenn. You complete f***ing oddball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously given a time limit on the contract offer, that has now been withdrawn?

Gus has always given me the impression that he's really not that bothered whether Murray stays or goes tbh.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Glen didn't wave goodbye! :cry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm glad there's an end to this saga. As for slagging the bloke off, his goals were crucial in getting us promoted, and without promotion we wouldn't be looking at submitting a planning application for extending our capacity.

Go back a year, and nobody on here was expecting us to have sold all season tickets AND have a waiting list of 200 and climbing.

Glenn's entitled to his pay day, if that's what he wants, but he'd be a **** in my eyes if he joins lowly Palace at that shithole of a ground.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now where did I put Murray's address......................................:guns::guns:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Mixed feelings for me.

1) Thanks Glenn for your part in this years' achievements, whatever he does in the future will not taint that.
2) Bugger - we really need two decent strikers now.
3) Ah well, these things happen in football.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well done Brighton. We won't be held to ransom after one good season. I'd much rather we spent the money on bringing in someone proven in the Championship, rather than a money grabbing sulky northern twat.

f*** off Glen.

Glad to see a mature response.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
If Glenn did reportedly sign for £10k per week & we only offerd £7k, who in their right mind wouldn't want an extra £150k pa especially when they are in their 20s. We should respect Glenn's choice and accept players do not love clubs like we the fans do (with the odd exception). The club didn't stretch the budget for Glenn so they must have confidence in bringing in someone better.

Thanks Glenn for helping us into the Championship & see you at The Amex next season.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Ah well, kinda happy with the outcome of this TBH. We don't need any big time Charlies at the club*.

I can still see him wearing the stripes next season though. Just not ours...

palace.thumbnail.jpg
S.hamptonHSS0607.thumbnail.jpg

* unless it's Bennett, in which case, give him everything he wants, and more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here