Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcghee slates ckr

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
six figures a week? get a grip. other than being signed by fenerbache and called up to the turkish squad (which really are not that impressive, remember virgo went to celtic).. what has he actually DONE? he has never held down a regular starting place in any team. and scored maybe five goals since he left us? success stories of world football, you truly are a moron.

Is it really as many as FIVE?

I think it might be nearer TWO.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
No, I'm not saying we have to APPLAUD him. Personally, I'm not that bothered by what he does, either tonight or in his career as a whole. If he goes on to play for Real Madrid, good on him, but if his next move is to Chester City, so what? What's tragic is there is still so much BITTERNESS towards a very talented player who left us two years ago. Even if you felt he didn't put the effort in here, which ok, he didn't, then he didn't do anything damaging enough to warrant such jealousy and anger now. Quite the opposite in fact, he left us with a healthier bank balance.

i wouldn't call it jealousy. people dislike leon knight. he isn't playing tonight as far as i'm aware

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I’ve read (and written) some crap on here, but that really takes the biscuit. :D

Tragic attitude towards talent and technique? I don’t think anyone in their right mind can question his potential and ability, but the plain and simple fact was that he never put in a sustained amount of effort for the club to show it. Why? Because he was an arrogant fucker who had both eyes on a move to a bigger club. Fair enough, but work for the move.

I am sure he doesn’t care what we think of him, but should that stop us discussing it? I imagine all of our squad, that you take pride in continually running down, could not care less what you think of them.

No surprise to see you run down Brighton and Hove Albion….yet again, but this time in defence of a player that could not give a f*** about the club from day one. Whatever floats your boat..

A pedant would say we will never emulate CKR as a club, particularly as we are not eligible to qualify for The European Championships.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And that is why we will always be a third division football club!

What, because two of our fans consider that a player with no work ethic, who turned up drunk for training, physically unable to even run a lap of the pitch, and put zero effort on the field of play, is of less playing worth to the club than other players?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So, please do tell me how some people on this thread can genuinely slag off the achievements of a bloke who's been one of the success stories of WORLD football over the last year?

His greatest achievement has been fleecing the likes of Warnock, Fenerbahce and Fatih Terim into believing he's half decent. He must be either f***ing INCREDIBLE in training, or have Paul McKenna as his agent doing the negotiating for him, because whatever he does on the pitch is clearly passing me by completely. He is the very definition of AVERAGE.

I've seen him in the champions league and aside from one clever goal against Chelsea, he's been piss poor. And he's done nothing of much note in this tournament either. That seems to be his "trick" - he'll do one piece of skill in six games and everyone thinks "wow, class...gotta play him".

Be honest here Badger - given the choice, and what we already know of him as a player, would you have him in the Albion team next season ?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If somebody doesn't want to try, they're not that much use. But if someone hasn't got any talent then they're NO use. Why don't you get that?

Which of the discussed players [Mayo, Hammond, Revell, Forster and gatting] had NO talent then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here