Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcghee slates ckr

barney

Jul 31, 2006
CKR on one of his first days at the club pushed past tommy fraser and said "don't you know who i am"... some prick just signed from bury, utter c.unt

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
CKRs effect on BHA spread much further than his lack of passion on the park.

His arrogance affected dressing room team spirit and this in turn meant a lack of team coherence on the park.

What good would Ronaldo be to a team if he pissed off his team mates and they wouldn't involve him in the play.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a tragic attitude towards talent amongst albion fans. Maybe it's because we're not used to it, but it really does stink. Come on, some people on this thread have posted they would rather have GATTING than CKR. That's seriously f***ed up! Any player who shows even a HINT of going against the grain is disowned, yet everyone is happy to spend years supporting talentless losers who really shouldn't be good enough for us. O'Callaghan is another example - I know he shouldn't have spoken out like he did, but he was also the best midfielder we've had for years, and no attempt was made to use that talent. It's about AMBITION, something albion fans haven't got any of. If we're still at Withdean in five years, playing league one football in front of 4,000 people, there will be people happy with that because it doesn't encroach on their cosy little club. God help us when we get to Falmer and get some players who don't want to know and a board we never hear from. If we're lucky, we might even get some players with CKR's pedigree.

By the way, I wasn't running BHAFC down in general. I am a supporter of the club. I was putting our club in perspective against a player who has moved on to MUCH greater things. In comparison to the rest of league one I think we're great, but against an INTERNATIONAL footballer? Maybe not.

Sorry, but amongst SOME truth, there's more bollocks in that too. Search and you'll find that I, along with many others RAVED about O'Callaghan's ability, sadly not matched by his subsequent attitude. At least O'Callaghan TRIED during games.

CKR was NO USE to Brighton, as he didn't want to play. Nothing he has done since or will ever do in the future can change that. He was a waste of a shirt.

And on your last point, there are INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLERS in league one [and 2, and the conference.]

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What, because two of our fans consider that a player with no work ethic, who turned up drunk for training, physically unable to even run a lap of the pitch, and put zero effort on the field of play, is of less playing worth to the club than other players?

Hmmmm no work ethic?? The bloke is playing at the highest level in Europe! He's done that (as McGoo suggests) by luck I take it??

Turn up drunk to training?? When?
Physically unable to even run a lap of the pitch? Again when?
Put zero effort on the field of play?? Well I'll give you that one but in his defence that was after the fall out McGhoo.
Of less playing worth to the club than other players?? Quite clearly, we disgracefully let him go for next to nothing and despite only being there 5 minutes and not exactly setting the world alight at Sheff U they were able to sell for over 10X what they paid for him. So yes he was worth a damn sight more than ALL of the other players PUT TOGETHER!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Put zero effort on the field of play?? Well I'll give you that one
Of less playing worth to the club than other players?? Quite clearly, we disgracefully let him go for next to nothing and despite only being there 5 minutes and not exactly setting the world alight at Sheff U they were able to sell for over 10X what they paid for him. So yes he was worth a damn sight more than ALL of the other players PUT TOGETHER!

I think you are mixing up PLAYING WORTH with financial value.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Hmmmm no work ethic?? The bloke is playing at the highest level in Europe! He's done that (as McGoo suggests) by luck I take it??
!

can you actually explain how he has done it then? everyone defending him says how technically gifted he is and how much "potential and ability" he has. when has he shown it? championship level with us, 6 goals was it in 43 or something? 1 goal for sheff united.. never starting regularly. then moving to a champs league club for peanuts (for them) again being back up to a squad full of average individuals (bar a few) and scoring not very many still. he is a striker who does not score goals. what does he offer for all these teams?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think you are mixing up PLAYING WORTH with financial value.

Not at all! His playing worth represents his financial value. We clearly didn't know anything about either!

Yeah he didn't pull up trees here but the fact he was sold on for 10X what we sold him for after doing equally as little at Sheff U suggests we f***ed up by letting him go so cheap in quite a major way!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not all about CKR though is it. He's gone, let's move on. It's about any player who shows a glimmer of being hard to handle having the fans on his back, yet people with a fraction of the talent (who know they won't ever get another pro club) showing a good attitude and the fans loving him. Ok, it's all about opinions, and if you get turned on by a hard-working but ultimately limited pro then good on you, but I'd rather have a bit of flair.

In the near 30 years I've watched the Albion, the fans favourite players have included;

Peter Ward
Steve Foster
Steve Penney
Terry Connor
John Crumplin
Clive Walker
Dean Saunders
Garry Nelson
Peter Smith!
Ian Chapman
Bobby Zamora
Nicky Forster
Tommy Elphick

I'd say there was a very even split between flair and effort, there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
can you actually explain how he has done it then? everyone defending him says how technically gifted he is and how much "potential and ability" he has. when has he shown it? championship level with us, 6 goals was it in 43 or something? 1 goal for sheff united.. never starting regularly. then moving to a champs league club for peanuts (for them) again being back up to a squad full of average individuals (bar a few) and scoring not very many still. he is a striker who does not score goals. what does he offer for all these teams?

In the case of Fener, a Turkish Passport. There, quota rules are quite strict, so he is of benefit to them. They would not have been in the slightest bit interested in a CKR without that, and nor would any other Champions League team in Europe.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The phrase flatters to deceive is a good way to describe him. He reminds me of a young player who has loads of talent but doesn't knowhow to utalise it best in games so tends to dip in and out. The trouble is he has been around long enough now to have started to show some consistent form but the trouble is he hasn't.

I really don't know what to comment on his attitude as there seems to be a lot of conflicting info with regards to that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, I've done him an injustice. I've just checked, and he's actually scored THREE goals in his 75 appearances since he left us, not two.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Sorry, I've done him an injustice. I've just checked, and he's actually scored THREE goals in his 75 appearances since he left us, not two.

and i have just checked and his mighty turkey that he represents tonight, have a simply woeful record in every aspect. the fact they're playing tonight, does not prove anything about any of their players, other than the fact they are resilient. greece won it last time remember. i doubt many here could name more than a few of their squad that year

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Costadinis
Dellas
Dabizas
Stelios
Nikolidis
Popadodadodipalopidoplis

er

barney

Jul 31, 2006
You what? Turkey have a WOEFUL record? Yeah, so woeful that tonight they'll be playing a European semi-final:dunce:

And what's so awful about resilience? I'm not saying it's good to watch, but in the international arena you can only play with the cards you're dealt. Would you prefer it if all the nations with fewest household names got knocked out early on purpose? I say well done to Turkey for getting as far as they have:clap:

yes. woeful. Turkey national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

look it up you pleb. :dunce:

nothing is wrong with resilience whatsoever. and sure, well done to them for scraping through. my point was, however, that they are hardly a successful footballing nation, and the quality of their individual players is not overwhelming. so however CKR managed to worm his way into the outskirts of their squad is not the biggest achievement for an english professional footballer.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Well, this thread really does show the TRAGIC attitude some albion fans have towards talent and technique. 22 months ago, CKR was playing for us. Now, he's almost certainly earning six figures a WEEK, he's playing for one of the top clubs in Turkey, he's had a season in the champions league (with another one coming up), and he's in the semi-final, yes the last FOUR, of this CONTINENT'S most prestigious tournament.

On the other hand, we, Brighton and Hove Albion, continue to play in the stadium I used to go to for my school sports day. Sometimes, in front of as little as 4,500 people. We're in the THIRD tier of English football, and have no players that even a fraction of the country has heard of. One day we might be alright, but I've been hearing that for 15 years now.

So, please do tell me how some people on this thread can genuinely slag off the achievements of a bloke who's been one of the success stories of WORLD football over the last year? What possible right do you have? Do you think CKR cares about the views from some tin-pot club? So, he didn't try his hardest all the time he was here because, in his words, he's too good for league one. Well it's been damn well proven that he IS!! He's done more in twelve months than BHAFC will do in 100 years, and that is why he is totally, completely in the right.

Im not liking your optimism Badger ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here