Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feck it how wrong can you be, threads now gonna make 10 pages easily:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, I've done him an injustice. I've just checked, and he's actually scored THREE goals in his 75 appearances since he left us, not two.

I just do not see what he brings to the table, and this is a case in point. His scoring record is clearly woeful.

So does he make up for that with sheer workrate ? Errrr....

OK, how about getting on the ball and playing some probing, defence-splitting passes ? Hmmm....

What about tricking his way round someone and whipping in an EVIL cross...errrrrm

How about being a focal point to hold up the ball and bring others into play ? Ummm...

Can someone help me out here ? What is it he actually DOES ?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I just do not see what he brings to the table, and this is a case in point. His scoring record is clearly woeful.

OK, how about getting on the ball and playing some probing, defence-splitting passes ? Hmmm....

What about tricking his way round someone and whipping in an EVIL cross...errrrrm

How about being a focal point to hold up the ball and bring others into play ? Ummm...

i asked "arthur" that question and he seems to have disappeared since then

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I'm sorry, this is quite incredible. You are calling me a pleb for questioning Turkey's international record. Right, let's look at this century shall we. So far, in just 8 years, they've made the 1/4 finals of Euro 2000, finished THIRD in a world cup (2002), and are now in the semi-finals again tonight. Yeah, that's a really woeful record, isn't it? If only they had England's kind of achievement:dunce:

you seem to have overlooked the PLENTIFUL "did not qualify" that occur just about every occasion other than one respectable achievement (2002). if you include semi finalists and quarter finalists as an achievement, england have a few of them aswell :dunce:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Am I the only one who does'nt give a shit about CKR or McGhee?

They both had bad attitudes, They were both useless and thankfully they've both gone.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
i asked "arthur" that question and he seems to have disappeared since then

Regardless of what you or anyone else on this planet thinks of the bloke the facts speak for themselves. We sold a player for next to nothing who was then re-sold not very long afterwards for 10X the amount we sold him for. 1 season on he is probably worth 5X that amount! You don't think we f***ed up slightly here?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Ok, they may not have the most consistent history, but what does that matter? How many countries have a better record in the last decade? Probably not that many, and that's what matters. The point was you called their record "woeful." How any of us, currently sitting in a country that did not qualify for a tournament they've reached the semis of, can slag off Turkey I don't know! If Turkey are woeful, then god knows what you think of the majority of countries.

yes, england were pathetic but that is irrelevant. my point was that turkey are not exactly a great footballing nation, and their individual players are not world class. therefore, CKRs minimal inclusion in this should not be blown out of proportion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

For GOODNESS SAKE Easy. What a TRAGIC view of CKRs talents you have. Can't you see that because somebody paid money for him he MUST be brilliant, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

Last edited:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Regardless of what you or anyone else on this planet thinks of the bloke the facts speak for themselves. We sold a player for next to nothing who was then re-sold not very long afterwards for 10X the amount we sold him for. 1 season on he is probably worth 5X that amount! You don't think we f***ed up slightly here?

no. 1.2 million is peanuts to a champions league team. 150k is peanuts to a premiership club. to us, it is a lot of money. and i was not asking you about the financial side of it, scroll back and read again. i asked what CKR actually does to make him a even half decent player

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Okay, I'll bite.

We sold CKR, when you include the add-on, for around £300,000.

Deducting the add on, Sheffield United recieved about£1m for him, so that is THREE times, rather than TEN.

Lastly, if you think CKR is now worth in excess of six million pounds, you are even more deluded than he is.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Well that I totally agree with. I just wouldn't call them WOEFUL, because in recent times they've made the best of what they've had. Imagine if England could get as much out of its talent as Turkey does......

recently, sure, they've done ok. but looking at the bigger picture, over the last 100 years, i feel woeful suffices

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here