750kish for Harding
1.5 million for Virgo
Promotion from division 2
A play-off final in front of 65,000
Win at Palace
2 seasons in the Championship
Paul McShane

:shrug:

Absolutely, well done. Notice how nothing's been said by him since!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I don't see anything wrong with adopting a country if you want to play international football, to be completely honest. Though he does actually ahve ties to Turkey so it's not THAT bad.

Actually 'ties to Turkey' is a bit of a reach as his mother is Turkish Cypriot and has never lived in Turkey and is not a Turkish citizen. If you agree with the small nationalist/fascist groups in Turkey and Cyrpus then you can say he qualifies for Turkey. If you agree that Cyprus should be an independent state then he really qualifies for Cyprus, not Turkey.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which he quite clearly was given the fact that he now plays Champions League football every season and is about to take the field in the semi final of the European championships!
I don't think he's disputing that fact but it is remarkably tactless and some might say offensive to say such things in public about a club he played for but showed such little effort in doing so.

Personally, I've never seen a player at this club approaching his level of talent so happy to put such little effort into his game and I've been a fan for 25 years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's playing in a minor european league, and a dirth of quality turkish forwards means he's been opportunist enough to nail his colours to their particular mast in time for this tournament. His timing has been impeccable again, as an injury crisis and a raft of suspensions means the Turkish team is already decimated, which will hand him a starting role.

He's been fortunate throughout his career. Every time I've seen him play, he's contributed about three-quarters of f***-all to the team. There probably is some talent buried in there somewhere, but he'll never be much kop because he can't really be arsed.

Putting the issue of money / transfer fee's aside, I genuinely would not swap Forster for CKR. Talent is NOTHING without application.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Putting aside the issues of money and transfer fees, I would genuinely not swap JOE GATTING for CKR.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think he's disputing that fact but it is remarkably tactless and some might say offensive to say such things in public about a club he played for but showed such little effort in doing so.

Personally, I've never seen a player at this club approaching his level of talent so happy to put such little effort into his game and I've been a fan for 25 years.

Spot on.

Hang on, 25 years you say, Sim?

2008 - 25 = 1983? GLORYHUNTER! :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually 'ties to Turkey' is a bit of a reach as his mother is Turkish Cypriot and has never lived in Turkey and is not a Turkish citizen. If you agree with the small nationalist/fascist groups in Turkey and Cyrpus then you can say he qualifies for Turkey. If you agree that Cyprus should be an independent state then he really qualifies for Cyprus, not Turkey.

He's playing in a minor european league, and a dirth of quality turkish forwards means he's been opportunist enough to nail his colours to their particular mast in time for this tournament. His timing has been impeccable again, as an injury crisis and a raft of suspensions means the Turkish team is already decimated, which will hand him a starting role.

He's been fortunate throughout his career. Every time I've seen him play, he's contributed about three-quarters of f***-all to the team. There probably is some talent buried in there somewhere, but he'll never be much kop because he can't really be arsed.

Putting the issue of money / transfer fee's aside, I genuinely would not swap Forster for CKR. Talent is NOTHING without application.

Good points, all.

Now if you could just shoehorn in the words 'surly', 'lazy', 'disrespectful', 'arrogant' and 'goal-shy' we'd really be making some progress on this thread.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, this thread really does show the TRAGIC attitude some albion fans have towards talent and technique. 22 months ago, CKR was playing for us. Now, he's almost certainly earning six figures a WEEK, he's playing for one of the top clubs in Turkey, he's had a season in the champions league (with another one coming up), and he's in the semi-final, yes the last FOUR, of this CONTINENT'S most prestigious tournament.

On the other hand, we, Brighton and Hove Albion, continue to play in the stadium I used to go to for my school sports day. Sometimes, in front of as little as 4,500 people. We're in the THIRD tier of English football, and have no players that even a fraction of the country has heard of. One day we might be alright, but I've been hearing that for 15 years now.

So, please do tell me how some people on this thread can genuinely slag off the achievements of a bloke who's been one of the success stories of WORLD football over the last year? What possible right do you have? Do you think CKR cares about the views from some tin-pot club? So, he didn't try his hardest all the time he was here because, in his words, he's too good for league one. Well it's been damn well proven that he IS!! He's done more in twelve months than BHAFC will do in 100 years, and that is why he is totally, completely in the right.

Classic BULLSHIT Mr Badger. Good work.

So it is TRAGIC for Albion fans, not to applaud the blatent lack of effort and disrespect shown to the club they love, by an arrogant child, who happens to be able to kick a ball straight occasionally, and by a quirk of birthright and disputed European political history has been given the undeserved opportunity for a bit of attention?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Well, this thread really does show the TRAGIC attitude some albion fans have towards talent and technique. 22 months ago, CKR was playing for us. Now, he's almost certainly earning six figures a WEEK, he's playing for one of the top clubs in Turkey, he's had a season in the champions league (with another one coming up), and he's in the semi-final, yes the last FOUR, of this CONTINENT'S most prestigious tournament.

On the other hand, we, Brighton and Hove Albion, continue to play in the stadium I used to go to for my school sports day. Sometimes, in front of as little as 4,500 people. We're in the THIRD tier of English football, and have no players that even a fraction of the country has heard of. One day we might be alright, but I've been hearing that for 15 years now.

So, please do tell me how some people on this thread can genuinely slag off the achievements of a bloke who's been one of the success stories of WORLD football over the last year? What possible right do you have? Do you think CKR cares about the views from some tin-pot club? So, he didn't try his hardest all the time he was here because, in his words, he's too good for league one. Well it's been damn well proven that he IS!! He's done more in twelve months than BHAFC will do in 100 years, and that is why he is totally, completely in the right.

six figures a week? get a grip. other than being signed by fenerbache and called up to the turkish squad (which really are not that impressive, remember virgo went to celtic).. what has he actually DONE? he has never held down a regular starting place in any team. and scored maybe five goals since he left us? success stories of world football, you truly are a moron.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh well that's the case settled then. Just because he didn't fancy running his arse off he's a total waste of space. Never mind those little known skills such as ball control, pace, vision, and technique. We're not really interested in those afterall. Who would you have in your team? Alex Revell? Kerry Mayo? Dean Hammond?

Hammond, definitely.
Revell, probably.
Mayo at his peak, yes, why not.

If somebody doesn't want to even TRY, what use are they? Why don't you get it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here