Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcghee slates ckr

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
As McGhee says, CKR DID have potential. Fatih Terim and Zico have managed to get more out of CKR than McGhee ever did. In my opinion it does shows CKR to be an arrogant little prick who didnt pull his finger out cos he felt he was better than League 1 but it also proves McGhee, as we all realised at the time has UTTERLY shithouse man management skills.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
CKR had a bad attitude and I still think he talks way above the ability he has demonstrated so far. Yes, he's in the semi's but he is lucky to be there.

Well here's a complete non story that's nothing to do with the club about a failed ex manager and a quality ex player.

Bit harsh on McGhee.

He's done quite well in Scotland since he went there and managed to get us £1.5 million for Virgo which beggared belief at the time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, how dare a talented player move on to a bigger club playing a higher level of football. I'm sure he'd be playing for ENGLAND if he'd stayed here :thud:

Well said, he scored one goal in Premiership, and six in the Championship, if only McClaren had done the right thing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, how dare a talented player move on to a bigger club playing a higher level of football. I'm sure he'd be playing for ENGLAND if he'd stayed here :thud:

I am more than delighted to see us with talented players and players that are hungry to better themselves with ambitions of playing at the top. But what I do expect is for them to put the bloody effort in and earn a move whilst bleeding for the cause. Did we ever see CKR look like he could be bothered? He had one eye on a move up the ladder before the ink was even dry on his contract.

If he had half the dedication and application of someone like Elphick, Hart or McShane, then he would have been an absolute diamond for us. How hard is it to actually put some effort in?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am more than delighted to see us with talented players and players that are hungry to better themselves with ambitions of playing at the top. But what I do expect is for them to put the bloody effort in and earn a move whilst bleeding for the cause. Did we ever see CKR look like he could be bothered? He had one eye on a move up the ladder before the ink was even dry on his contract.

If he had half the dedication and application of someone like Elphick, Hart or McShane, then he would have been an absolute diamond for us. How hard is it to actually put some effort in?

Could he still be languishing in Bury's reserves

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets see how he performs on the big stage tonight I can guarantee he will be SHITHOUSE.

I follow McGhee's incredulity of how he has got as far as he has.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
More Premiership goals than Theo Walcott had when he first got called up!
Quoting arguably the most bizarre selection choice in the history of England World Cup squads hardly proves your point. Theo Walcott might have been considered an inspired selection choice if Sven MORON Erikkson hadn't decided we only actually needed THREE strikers and completely left out Jermaine Defoe. :nono:

As for CKR, clearly he was too talented to stay at Albion. However, it wouldn't have hurt for him to put a little bit more effort in whilst he was here. Additionally, whilst he has proven to be good enough for top flight football, the nagging doubt is that he is also extremely lucky. Most English fans only knew him for his fine finish against Chelsea last season before his mediocre (with one exception) appearances in this tournament.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Quite unbelievable comments to be honest.

This is INTERNATIONAL football, he is playing for his country, not crappy League One stuff.
The kid has done brilliantly.

Its just a shame we had a wanker like McGhee in charge, otherwise he might well still be wearing blue and white stripes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

This sums up my feelings on CKR perfectly, but with the added bonus that its saved me the effort of typing it all out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quoting arguably the most bizarre selection choice in the history of England World Cup squads hardly proves your point. Theo Walcott might have been considered an inspired selection choice if Sven MORON Erikkson hadn't decided we only actually needed THREE strikers and completely left out Jermaine Defoe. :nono:

Walcott may have actually been an inspired selection. If SGE had actually let him get on the PITCH we'd have found out!

. Most English fans only knew him for his fine finish against Chelsea last season .

The CROSS, you mean?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
McGhee did f*** all of any use for us.

Complete wanker, only sad thing is we didn't sack him earlier.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

This is INTERNATIONAL football, he is playing for his country, not crappy League One stuff.

Its just a shame we had a wanker like McGhee in charge, otherwise he might well still be wearing blue and white stripes.

I fail to believe that. We were only ever going to be a stop gap and we were picked as we have a decent record of playing young talent (as that is all we can afford) and then selling the cream of the crop. There is absolutely NO way CKR would still be with us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Ok, I can accept your point of view thus far.

For FUCKS sake. :D :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is INTERNATIONAL football, he is playing for his country,

Err, no he isn't. He is nowhere near good enough to ever play for his country, so he is playing for Turkey instead.

Very naive Tony. If we had Arsene Wenger in charge CKR would still have been looking to move onwards an upwards a.s.a.p. He has said so himself "I was too good for Brighton".

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The CROSS, you mean?

Nope, he's talking about the goal in the Champions League where CKR expertly beat the offside trap before controlling the ball and shooting first time with his left foot past a helpless Cudicini. One of the better goals I've seen this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here