Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
readingstockport said:
WTF has that got to do with anything. They went out for a meal and left their children unattended. Something I would NEVER do, either with my own children or anyone elses for that matter.
Stop playing the bleeding heart strings card and be honest about it. They were either responsible themselves or they were exceedingly irresponsible and sadly it seems their daughter has paid the price for their self-centredness.

As others have said if this were a chavvy mother from croydon they would be facing criminal charges by now.
The fact is that some people wouldn't consider popping 20 yards over the road whilst the kids were asleep to be particularly negligent. You wouldn't do that, which is fine. But what astonishes me is the people who think it *was* wrong are so unbelievably self righteous, smug and angry about it. Reading this, you'd think this sort of thing happened all the time to people on holiday who'd locked their door and eaten a few steps away.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
This is a horrible thread with some vile comments on it. These parents are being advised - I suspect by the British police - to do all in their power to keep the media coverage going - it is one of the best chances they have of seeing their daughter again. So whether they speak to the press, the Pope, whoever, they are doing it to try to get their daughter back. I do actually believe they were irresponsible in leaving her that night - that's not the point of what they're doing now. They need the continuing attention of the world to stand a chance of getting her back and any parent would do the same.
Perhaps they should take lessons in attention seeking from some of those who have contributed to this thread. :nono:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
readingstockport said:
Not my fault you use the Indian spelling of the word and aren't educated enough to know of the other spellings.

:tosser:

Indian spelling? They have just the one language do they ? You f***ing mug

DIFFBROOK said:
Some of the comments on here really do stagger me. Yes the parents made a mistake. But for the little girl going missing then the blame lays fairly and squarley on the person(s) taking her.

Why does it bother people so much about reading it on the news. If you dont care then turn over, but to blame the parents for using every tactic to find their daughter is callous and moronic.

Some people on here almost seem to suggest that the parents deserve losing their child just because they are white and middle class.

As someone else said............shame on you.

Bollocks, no-one has suggested that at all. What has been suggested, totally correctly afaic, is the parents are to blame. If they had put the safgety of their child above their desire to have some wine and a meal then we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Shame on them for being so self-centred.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
While I can't stand all the tabloid sensationalism and morons who want to grieve by proxy because they don't have anything else in their lives I'm not sure proclaiming a loss of interest is the way to go.

I'm not interested in all the crap surrounding it but do hope she is found. Just a shame this sort of attention isn't focused on the masses of other children who go missing.

Is the right answer. I hope shes found. Then when she is she is her parents are paraded naked thru the streets as examples of how NOT to care for children.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
readingstockport said:
Believe it or not I don't blame for doing everything they can after the fact. I do blame them for the incident in the first place. And I also blame the British (mainly tabloid) press that hyped this far beyond what would have been done if it were a British Indian family for example who had lost their child in the same circumstances.

Can we just go back and think about when Damilola Taylor was murdered ? How much press time was used on this? Lots and lots I think ? ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There have been some interesting points raised so far. Well done! Keep em coming though, let's EDUCATE eachother!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Uncle Spielberg said:
bit strong Billy but time will tell if my prediction is right, I have great sympathy for the kid, none for the parents , sorry if that does not agree with you but there you go and the insult was a bit strong, why make this personal ??? , I appricaite this evoke strong opinions on both sides but lets keep it civil please
I apologise for the personal comments, but it's no different to what you and a few others are writing about the girls parents, only they aren't in a position to defend themselves.

Readingstockport, what if I was to watch your family for a while, mabye for a few days, to work out your general habits and movements, and then when you weren't looking snatch one of your children. Whose fault would that be? I'm sure you wouldn't be so quick to point the finger then.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What with all this publicity and the visit to the Pope and all that I've completely lost interest in whether the poor girl gets found or not. She would have been forgotten about ages ago if she wasn't white and blond anyway.

The whole thing is starting to get right on my tits, to be honest.

yes i do still give a f*** you complete c**t

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't know how it would feel if it happened to me and a loved one, but don't pretend i do or care for those individuals i purely have to imagine or stare at front-page photos of. Just as i don't honestly care when celebrities die. Anyone can feel exactly how they see fit and i am not the public's overseer, but these things are not close to any passions i have.
I feel emotional when i read descriptions of Darfurian destruction, of people marching the streets assured no holocaust ever happened and announcing it to passers-by, when poverty overtakes a situation and harnesses rat-driven infestation, of hangings and beheadings, but pictoral evidence aiding paper-sales moves me away.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What with all this publicity and the visit to the Pope and all that I've completely lost interest in whether the poor girl gets found or not. She would have been forgotten about ages ago if she wasn't white and blond anyway.

The whole thing is starting to get right on my tits, to be honest.

I'm glad somebody said it.

Sympathies with the family and that but their grief is just one of the many injustices of life that go on each and every day the world over.

Why should I feel any more sorry for this family than I do anyone who has died or lost someone in the Iraq war? Just because soldiers are dying every day and should "expect" to be in the firing line doesn't make their deaths any more acceptable.

Sick to death of the whole thing. Of course the family are going to try and keep it in the media for as long as they can and why shouldn't they, but it's the media's fixation with the story that has had literally not one shred of news since it first broke that bores me so much.

Makes you wonder if there's NOTHING else going on in the world.

Of course she'll most likely be forgotten now Big Brother's started. Finally the tabloids have something else to fill the front pages with

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Meade's_Ball said:
I don't know how it would feel if it happened to me and a loved one, but don't pretend i do or care for those individuals i purely have to imagine or stare at front-page photos of. Just as i don't honestly care when celebrities die. Anyone can feel exactly how they see fit and i am not the public's overseer, but these things are not close to any passions i have.
I feel emotional when i read descriptions of Darfurian destruction, of people marching the streets assured no holocaust ever happened and announcing it to passers-by, when poverty overtakes a situation and harnesses rat-driven infestation, of hangings and beheadings, but pictoral evidence aiding paper-sales moves me away.

When are you gonna run in an election? i'll vote for you

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
JEEZ!!

Reading this Poll over 50% of of NSC posters (that have voted) don't care if a little girl is found!

That is one hell of a sad reflection!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Is the right answer. I hope shes found. Then when she is she is her parents are paraded naked thru the streets as examples of how NOT to care for children.

There will be lots of parents being paraded ......... they are not to blame - that is the person who snatched their child. And that could have happened to any one of us. And I mean any one of us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Buzz said:
JEEZ!!

Reading this Poll over 50% of of NSC posters (that have voted) don't care if a little girl is found!

That is one hell of a sad reflection!

I would have thought it was 50% don't care about the parents, but hope Madeleine is found safe and well.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Dick Knights Mumm said:
There will be lots of parents being paraded ......... they are not to blame - that is the person who snatched their child. And that could have happened to any one of us. And I mean any one of us.

Not me, I don't have any children

:winner:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here