Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barrel of Fun said:
I would have thought it was 50% don't care about the parents, but hope Madeleine is found safe and well.

Read the Poll again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Buzz said:
JEEZ!!

Reading this Poll over 50% of of NSC posters (that have voted) don't care if a little girl is found!

That is one hell of a sad reflection!

No that is not what people are saying and if people criticise the parents they are labelled as not caring about the girl's safety that IS NOT the case

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
parents lose their children every day in this country through no fault of their own to abductions, road crashes, illnessess etc what is hard to empathize with is it is the parents crass stupidity that this has happened with their negligance and no one , not even the highly respected Dick Knights Mum will change my mind on that one

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle Spielberg said:
No that is not what people are saying and if people criticise the parents they are labelled as not caring about the girl's safety that IS NOT the case

Fair enough! I thought that the poll said

"Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore?"

That's what I voted on.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Spielberg said:
parents lose their children every day in this country through no fault of their own to abductions, road crashes, illnessess etc what is hard to empathize with is it is the parents crass stupidity that this has happened with their negligance and no one , not even the highly respected Dick Knights Mum will change my mind on that one

Of course they do, nobody is saying that they do not.

That is not the point.

The original point that CTS raised was that he's lost interest in it, and would there be the same interest if it had been a pikey couple's kid?

My answer to that is, Yes, I am still interested because I don't buy the argument that states that you should lose interest in the wellbeing of one person just because many others are going missing as well.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
readingstockport said:
Bollocks, no-one has suggested that at all. What has been suggested, totally correctly afaic, is the parents are to blame. If they had put the safgety of their child above their desire to have some wine and a meal then we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Shame on them for being so self-centred.

So the person(s) who took the child is absolved of blame? The parents made a mistake. They know that!!!!!! If they could go back intime I'm sure they would do things differently.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i hope the girl is found alive .

The media circus is a bit pointless imo , if it was in this country you could understand it but keeping it in the news isnt going ot mean I'm gonna be extra vigilent over here

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
DIFFBROOK said:
So the person(s) who took the child is absolved of blame? The parents made a mistake. They know that!!!!!! If they could go back intime I'm sure they would do things differently.

Please don't interupt him....he is busy looking KAMA up on google....

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I'm hoping the little girl is found - the same way I do when I read in the argus that a local child has gone missing - and I hope the stupidity of the parents in leaving their children unattended has at least done some good in making others pay the measly £10 to get a babysitter while they go out for dinner. I bet it happens more than people would admit to - and I hope it stops now because of this poor little girl. I'm rather bemused by this visiting the pope and 'touring' of european countries. I think someone in the background is saying - "do whatever it takes to keep her face in the papers", irrespective of the flack they're going to take for it and I suppose they'll do anything if it means maybe someone will spot her somewhere because of an update news flash. I dont think they're thinking the pope visit would help for a minute, prayers and spiritually wise, - it's all about keeping the case publicised.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Mrs Coach said:
I'm hoping the little girl is found - the same way I do when I read in the argus that a local child has gone missing - and I hope the stupidity of the parents in leaving their children unattended has at least done some good in making others pay the measly £10 to get a babysitter while they go out for dinner. I bet it happens more than people would admit to - and I hope it stops now because of this poor little girl. I'm rather bemused by this visiting the pope and 'touring' of european countries. I think someone in the background is saying - "do whatever it takes to keep her face in the papers", irrespective of the flack they're going to take for it and I suppose they'll do anything if it means maybe someone will spot her somewhere because of an update news flash. I dont think they're thinking the pope visit would help for a minute, prayers and spiritually wise, - it's all about keeping the case publicised.

Best spot on post of the day

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Mrs Coach said:
- and I hope the stupidity of the parents in leaving their children unattended has at least done some good in making others pay the measly £10 to get a babysitter while they go out for dinner.

not wanting to cover old ground .............. but get a baby-sitter from the resort - who you don't know and give them access to your children for an entire evening .......... I am not sure I would feel comfortable with that.

They said they feel the same level of comfort as you would have eating a meal in your garden at home. With hindsight a bad misjudgement - but it provides some insight into ther thinking.

Dick Knights Mumm said:
They said they feel the same level of comfort as you would have eating a meal in your garden at home. With hindsight a bad misjudgement - but it provides some insight into ther thinking.

But is their garden 200m long?
Do you leave your garden gate unlocked?
Do the public traipse through at all hours?

As you say, a peek into their mindset
:shootself

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Mrs Coach said:
I dont think they're thinking the pope visit would help for a minute, prayers and spiritually wise, - it's all about keeping the case publicised.

Given that Mrs McCann is a devout Catholic - and was clearly moved by the occasion - I think you're wrong on that.

Wozza said:
Given that Mrs McCann is a devout Catholic - and was clearly moved by the occasion - I think you're wrong on that.

So how does a devout Catholic like Mrs McCann justify getting IVF to have children?

Not a dig BTW, a serious question

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have a little blond 4 year old girl, and when I first heard about this I felt sick and still do. I always feel really bad when I read or hear about any child missing or abused, but when they resemble your own child it brings it closer to home.

I do not understand the parents now or what they did at the time as I would never leave my child like that.

I'm not interested in visits to the Pope or any other of the media unreleated to actually finding the little girl.

I try not to think what she is going/gone through as I find it to hard.

I'm sure people would deal with the loss of a child in different ways and I'm not sure how I would have coped. I hope that I never have to find out.

Maybe Maddy's parents think this is the best way to get their little girl back. At least I hope that's what it is.

I hope with all my heart that she is found safe and well, but as time goes on I fear that it is less likely.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Dick Knights Mumm said:
not wanting to cover old ground .............. but get a baby-sitter from the resort - who you don't know and give them access to your children for an entire evening .......... I am not sure I would feel comfortable with that.

I'd rather have a crb checked employed by the resort person (99% are females) looking after my kids than have them abducted! And if I didn't feel comfortable when the person arrived I'd say no thanks, changed my mind!
Mind you, I wouldn't leave them with an unknown sitter, irrespective of the above anyway, I'm just too paranoid about where my kids are and what they're doing. Much better to have them with me and forego dinner out with the old man. Can do that when I get home from holiday!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm with Chappers on this.

Got bored of it within the first 10 days. Yeah it's a shame, but on their wages couldn't they afford a fecking babysitter?!?!?!

EDIT: Still hope she's found safe though.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
captainmorganrum said:
So how does a devout Catholic like Mrs McCann justify getting IVF to have children?

Not a dig BTW, a serious question

In the same way that many catholics use birth control. People make their own minds up many issues. The church gets it wrong on many issues. I know my mother would ask - what would Jesus have said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here