Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

Oceanic said:
My mum died of Cancer (Lung Cancer) and didn't smoke. My father has been fighting bowl cancer for ten years. you say they're going through a shit time? Come and be in my shoes and then you'd understand what the meaning of hell is. So that's why I couldn't give a f***.

We all have our own problems.

Hell? Really?
Well I'm sure it's no picnic, and when the shit is hitting YOUR fan, it must feel really crap.

.....However; people who are over 45, have lived something of a life, and actually can and should be thankful to get that far.

Personally, I am over that age by a few years, and comparitively, very fit. I have to consider this as a real bonus in life, and whatever happens from here, compared to much of the people in this world, I can NOT complain. I might think I had a time where things weren't excellent - but all in all, I made it a lot further than so many people.

I know a couple of friends with a little girl who was born with Cerebral Palsy. She WON'T be going to the ball tonight with any ugly sisters. She WON'T be walking the dog. She WON'T be kissing any boys. She WON'T be playing outside, dressing up in Mum's shoes, watching anything on tv, looking at the rain out the window....... etc.
She will be sitting in a wheelchair, she will be communicating with an electronic pad. She will only be sitting up or laying down courtesy of outside help.

That, I'm afraid, is somewhat closer to hell. Maybe her only 'luck', is that she's never known anything else, that she really doesn't have a heaven to compare with her life.

My life is heaven. If I die tomorrow, mauled by rabid dogs and then set fire to, it has been a life to be thankful - BLOODY thankful for.

Yes, there might be HELL in some aspects of life, and in some aspects of death and dying. Sometimes we must be thankful for the opportunity to have lived to experience it.

We are at the top of the species. Most of the earth's creatures, are FOOD for others. Some die being eaten - for them, luck might have been dying BEFORE they were torn apart.

Sorry for all of you for whom life hurts. It's a serious game we entered into, and I'm being serious here - we of mankind who can function, who have lived ANY sort of modern life, can sit down and thank good heavens that we have. Even while in hell.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Oceanic said:
I’m concerned about our people i.e., OAP‘s, homeless people, NHS hospitals shutting, The super bugs that are rife and People not getting cancer drugs while it’s free in Scotland, British military personal living in squalor while prisoners get 5 star treatment.

agreed with that :clap: :clap:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
desprateseagull said:
any more news from portugal, or have their police given up?

Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

1st June 2007
Day 28
Press conference in Rome went very well giving us an excellent forum to ask for help in the search for Madeleine. We told people about the website, how to download posters and ask people to print them and take on holiday wherever they are.

We arrived in Madrid late last night and have a series of meetings arranged with government and non government agencies concerned with child welfare. We will also be hosting a press conference again to raise general awareness of Madeleine´s disappearance and ask for the public´s help in our search for Madeleine. We may also do a few very short interviews for US news stations which are widely broadcast in Europe, N.Africa and Asia, particularly in English speaking hotels and other outlets. Will update after meetings.
http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here