Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

Questions said:
Are you losing interest in the starving in Africa as well. They do go on don`t they.

I don’t give a f*** about the starving people in Africa. I’m more concerned about our people i.e., OAP‘s, homeless people, NHS hospitals shutting, The super bugs that are rife and People not getting cancer drugs while it’s free in Scotland, British military personal living in squalor while prisoners get 5 star treatment. so yes, I couldn’t give a f***.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Funny enough,i was watching the parents on the news speaking yesterday and the father looked as if he was almost enjoying it.

sten_super said:
Now you see I live about a 5 minute walk from where that girl lives, and I work on Mill Road, yet I had absolutely no idea that this girl had gone missing. In my local Tescos

Tesco Fulbourn?

It looks good now eh?
:jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oceanic said:
I don’t give a f*** about the starving people in Africa. I’m more concerned about our people i.e., OAP‘s, homeless people, NHS hospitals shutting, The super bugs that are rife and People not getting cancer drugs while it’s free in Scotland, British military personal living in squalor while prisoners get 5 star treatment. so yes, I couldn’t give a f***.

It's a completely random thing that you were born here in this period in history. In global terms, you got six numbers up on the lottery.

Lot of people going through a REALLY shit life through absolutely no fault of their own other than that's where they were randomly born and that's what their daily existence consists of.

You wouldn't be a TORY voter by any chance? ;)

Albion Rob

I think most people hope she is found alive, well and not traumatised from whatever ordeal may have beset her.

There is certainly some credence in what has been said - had they been a family of scousers boshing their benefits on a holiday in Magaluf who had left their kid, I wonder whether people would have been so sympathetic.

Fair play to the family, to keep it this high up the news agenda when there has basically been no progress since day one is quite an achievement.

I actually went to the 'shrine' in Rothely the other day (my girlfriend was born there and her grandmother wanted to see it), quite moving to see the local passion for it but even up there people (my girlfriend's auntie for example) are muttering that some of the locals are hanging around just to be on the TV.

But I digress....

Yes, I hope she is found safe and well.

Tom Hark said:
Lot of people going through a REALLY shit life through absolutely no fault of their own

My mum died of Cancer (Lung Cancer) and didn't smoke. My father has been fighting bowl cancer for ten years. you say they're going through a shit time? Come and be in my shoes and then you'd understand what the meaning of hell is. So that's why I couldn't give a f***.

We all have our own problems.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oceanic said:
My mum died of Cancer (Lung Cancer) and didn't smoke. My father has been fighting bowl cancer for ten years. you say they're going through a shit time? Come and be in my shoes and then you'd understand what the meaning of hell is. So that's why I couldn't give a f***.

Fair enough. I wish your dad all the very best.

On the other hand tho, dunno, if you're going through a shit time, surely you can appreciate other people's shit times also? Many of them don't deserve shit times any more than your dad does.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oceanic said:

Surely that should make you empathise with those in similar postions, who face daily battles for sheer existence?

Sorry to hear about your Mother and Father.

Tom Hark said:
Fair enough. I wish your dad all the very best.

On the other hand tho, dunno, if you're going through a shit time, surely you can appreciate other people's shit times also? Many of them don't deserve shit times any more than your dad does.

All depends on the topic, if it's Africa then No, I couldn't give a f*** while our country is in such a mess, and if it's about the little girl going missing then the same, No, I don't care as it's the parents fault for being so bloody naive. f*** sake, I wouldn't leave my children alone over here asleep while I popped next door for a meal.

Idiots.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oceanic said:
All depends on the topic, if it's Africa then No, I couldn't give a f*** while our country is in such a mess.....

Mess?!

Have you even set foot in Africa? I spent a month in Malawi and we took some medical supplies that were 'past their sell-by-date' and not fit for use in England, just thrown out. This particular hospital we visited had not had a single new syringe in 6 months. We are not perfect, but we are not in a mess. :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Oceanic said:

Fair enough. I wish your dad all the very best. And I'm sorry about your mum. That's serious crap to deal with in anybody's book. Don;t get much more serious than that on a personal level. Bad news.

Dunno tho, surely if you're going through a shit time, surely you can appreciate other people's shit times also? A HUGE number of them don't deserve shit times any more than your dad does. AND they don't have ready access to any kind of medical care.

Apologies if this has strayed into the realms of the personal, but FFS just cos people you'll never meet in a country far away are having very serious problems, doesn't mean they're not people with kids and mums and dads also.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun said:
Surely that should make you empathise with those in similar postions, who face daily battles for sheer existence?

Sorry to hear about your Mother and Father.

Cheers. We or should I say other people worry about the little girl's safety but no one seems to care in the slightest about the five British people taken in Iraq, don't their loved ones mean anything, or is it because it's a little girl and she's not mature enough?

How about people dieing in hospitals because of super bugs, don't they matter? is it because of their age?

The parents are to blame, would you leave three youngsters alone in a room and go out for a meal?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oceanic said:
Cheers. We or should I say other people worry about the little girl's safety but no one seems to care in the slightest about the five British people taken in Iraq, don't their loved ones mean anything, or is it because it's a little girl and she's not mature enough?

How about people dieing in hospitals because of super bugs, don't they care? is it because of their age?

The parents are to blame, would you leave three youngsters alone in a room and go out for a meal?

Sorry. I was talking about Africa, when we first veered off topic.

I made my feelings clear on the subject of The McCann's. Whatever the reason for their public display, my sympathies are waning for them. I dearly hope that the little girl is found safe, but I would be traipsing across Europe leaving no stone unturned rather than meeting the Pope!? :rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun said:
Mess?!

Have you even set foot in Africa? I spent a month in Malawi and we took some medical supplies that were 'past their sell-by-date' and not fit for use in England, just thrown out. This particular hospital we visited had not had a single new syringe in 6 months. We are not perfect, but we are not in a mess. :nono:

Have you visited an English Hospital lately? well I'd stick to what you've seen, we've got hospital's closing over here, super bugs are rife.

Labour are trying to close A&E at Worthing and completely shut Shoreham-By-sea hospital.

You think they've got it bad?

Barrel of Fun said:
Sorry. I was talking about Africa, when we first veered off topic.

I made my feelings clear on the subject of The McCann's. Whatever the reason for their public display, my sympathies are waning for them. I dearly hope that the little girl is found safe, but I would be traipsing across Europe leaving no stone unturned rather than meeting the Pope!? :rolleyes:

It's tragic she's gone but there's no hope. If she's found then it'll be in a shallow grave. I know, it’s horrible to say but after going missing for 30 days then, well, you know. anyway, I'm out of this subject.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oceanic said:
Have you visited an English Hospital lately? well I'd stick to what you've seen, we've got hospital's closing over here, super bugs are rife.

Labour are trying to close A&E at Worthing and completely shut Shoreham-By-sea hospital.

You think they've got it bad?

Yes, they do.

We are shutting hospitals, but the majority of hoispitals in Malawi and many parts of Africa serve many many thousands verging on millions with inadequate supplies and no hi-tech equipment. In fact, there is absolutely no comparison.

I went round the maternity ward and women were sleeping on mattresses on the floor. Babies were in beer crates with light bulbs keeping them warm and the operating theatres were less advanced than those in the 1st World War. You hear about super bugs in England, but try HIV infections in Africa from simple things such as injections.

I am fiercely proud that we help the less developed countries. We have benefited from them and they should benefit from us.

Barrel of Fun said:
Yes, they do.

We are shutting hospitals, but the majority of hoispitals in Malawi and many parts of Africa serve many many thousands verging on millions with inadequate supplies and no hi-tech equipment. In fact, there is absolutely no comparison.

I went round the maternity ward and women were sleeping on mattresses on the floor. Babies were in beer crates with light bulbs keeping them warm and the operating theatres were less advanced than those in the 1st World War. You hear about super bugs in England, but try HIV infections in Africa from simple things such as injections.

I am fiercely proud that we help the less developed countries. We have benefited from them and they should benefit from us.

Charity begins at home, when we’ve got this country sorted out then I don’t mind money going to undeveloped worlds. Till then, sorry, that’ll have to wait. Our country is in crises, hospitals, Medical care, pensioners, crime, pensions, terrorism, the list is endless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here