Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I've lost interest too.

Of course, I want any child that goes missing to be found. However, I too really couldn't give a f*** about seeing her parents on the tv and in the papers every f***ing day, and getting such special attention like audiences with the Pope all because THEY WERE f***ing STUPID & NEGLIGENT.

I know a Papal blessing won't bring their kid back, but if they hadn't been a pair of ignorant moronic ****s in the first place she would still be with them.

To be honest I fail to see how you can 'lose interest' ? Surely, you either cared when she was abucted or you didn't really give a toss in the first place ?? I am not judging either way, but to say you have lost interest because her parents are doing all they can to find her (via the power of the media etc.) seems a touch shallow.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I do hope she is found safe, but i don't go out of my way to find out what the latest news is.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Barrel of Fun said:
It will sound awful, but my sympathy for them is waning. There are many thousands of children that go missing each year and many more than are dying of starvation and so on, but do not have this media circus about them. How much good could the money donated/spent to ship them over to meet the Pope, do for the other children? An awful lot in the less developed nations.

Of course I dearly hope that they find her, but the media frenzy especially public prayers with the Pope is outlandish.

my sentiments too, its becoming more of a pr exercise now than serious searching for their child wouldn't be surprised if they have contacted max clifford

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rusthall Seagull said:
To be honest I fail to see how you can 'lose interest' ? Surely, you either cared when she was abucted or you didn't really give a toss in the first place ??

Good point, maybe I never really cared. That's probably more likely.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
humpy said:
wouldn't be surprised if they have contacted max clifford

I don't think the parents of Madelaine have but the first 'suspect' used Clifford.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
humpy said:
my sentiments too, its becoming more of a pr exercise now than serious searching for their child wouldn't be surprised if they have contacted max clifford

I can't imagine wanting to visit the Pope when my child (that I don't have) is missing. I imagine that I would not sleep until I fell down from exhaustion and leave no stone unturned. This religious business seems to be more for self-gratification to cleanse their own souls.

Would anyone on here flit off to meet the Pope if your child was missing?!

Simster said:
Why? Is there any evidence to suggest this might be the case. Genuinely curious...

We have no idea what evidence there is or not as the Portugese police seem a damn sight f***ing better at not leaking than our mob are.

No, I'm basing this on my, admitedly limited, knowledge of previous incidents of this kind. They are almost always family/friend related and almost never stranger related. It just stinks fishy to me quite frankly.

Rusthall Seagull said:
To be honest I fail to see how you can 'lose interest' ? Surely, you either cared when she was abucted or you didn't really give a toss in the first place ?? I am not judging either way, but to say you have lost interest because her parents are doing all they can to find her (via the power of the media etc.) seems a touch shallow.

Of course, when the news broke I cared. I was concerned that a child had gone missing, in what would seem to be a pretty safe environment. Then as the story unfolded, and the truth that the parents had left all 3 kids alone came out, I began to feel a lot less sympathy for the parents. As the media circus has dragged on, I am now thouroughly bored with seeing them. I don't believe they are doing all they can through the media. I believe that they are doing what they want because the media is letting them. They should be spending as much time as possible with the other kids, I know I wouldn't want to let them out of my sight if something like this had happened to me, but they would rather make a name for themselves.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am with Chappers without wanting to sound callous. I feel desperate for the girl and pray she is found alive and soon but the news overkill is offensive , I sick of the sight of the parents, they through their own stupidity and negligance , ie leaving them alone for 50 minutes not 30 and leaving the door unlocked has caused a millions plus pound search and we do not need to see them on the front pages of the papers everyday or need an update very 4 hours even when nothing has happened. A white middle class girl goes missing and the world is turned upside down, thousands of Africa kids are murdered in cold blood in the Tribal wars in Africa every year and it doesn't make a 2 sentance mention on page 17.

....and thousands of kids die every single day from starvation but I am sure you dont stop yourself eating on a daily basis and donate the savings to charity ?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
So what she is one of thousands that go missing, just because they don't get newspaper headlines, I still couldn't give a shit if this story is on the news or in the paper everyday. Turn the page or change channels if a story about a 3 year old be abducted pisses you off that much :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it is a poor little 3 year old girl who is at best scared shitless or worse dead.

Posts saying do you give a f*** are ****ish to the extreme :angry:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What have African children got to do with anything? I'm sure if every african parent whose child has died or been kidnapped had the education and resources to get this much publicity then they would do it. That goes for everyone else on here as well. You can't blame them for doing it, even if it is boring and futile. We all know that she is long gone and will never be found, if keeping her in the news gives them a few more weeks of hope in their lives then who am I to bitch about it.
The portugese f***ed this up from the start, but what's done is done and all the poople still having a pop at the parents need to get over themselves, I hope karma doesn't come back to bite them on the arse

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Of course, when the news broke I cared. I was concerned that a child had gone missing, in what would seem to be a pretty safe environment. Then as the story unfolded, and the truth that the parents had left all 3 kids alone came out, I began to feel a lot less sympathy for the parents. As the media circus has dragged on, I am now thouroughly bored with seeing them. I don't believe they are doing all they can through the media. I believe that they are doing what they want because the media is letting them. They should be spending as much time as possible with the other kids, I know I wouldn't want to let them out of my sight if something like this had happened to me, but they would rather make a name for themselves.

I simply do not buy into the argument that they would rather make a name for themselves than look after their other two children.... I can understand peoples fustration with the constant press, however, I know for sure that if it was a child of mine, I would use every avenue open to me to help find them - and to be honest I doubt very much if they give a flying f*** if people are bored of them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, I'm staggered by some of the comments here. Yes it's overhyped etc etc, but if I lost my kid, whatever the reason for it, I would want to do everything I possibly can to bring her back, in that sense, I wouldnt give two fucks about other families or other lost kids, I'd be driven frantic, obsessed even, by the feint hope that she could still be alive. Could you just "give up" on your kid, if that happened to you?

I am still interested because I am a father of three young kids of a similar age, and like millions of other parents, I want to keep the pressure on to help find Maddy.

I honestly don't think it's got anything to do with who her parents are, or what colour, creed or religious belief, it's about that eternal and ancient bond between parent and child.

Her parents refuse to believe that she is lost forever, and until Maddy is found, one way or the other, I shall remain interested.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There are some callous souls on here. They are doing what any of us would do in their circumstance - keeping the profile high to increase the chance of their daughter returning home.

Going to see the pope was exactly what they need to do - that keeps the girls picture high profile in the wider world than our shores.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I've lost interest too.

Of course, I want any child that goes missing to be found. However, I too really couldn't give a f*** about seeing her parents on the tv and in the papers every f***ing day, and getting such special attention like audiences with the Pope all because THEY WERE f***ing STUPID & NEGLIGENT.

I know a Papal blessing won't bring their kid back, but if they hadn't been a pair of ignorant moronic ****s in the first place she would still be with them.

that about sums it up for me

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be honest I would give a fuk if it was a black girl or a child from a single parent living on the top floor of a block of flats. So the fact that she is white and from middle class parents shouldn't come into it either.

Yes the parents did make a mistake..................a big one and one in which they will regret for the rest of their lives. Yes, they have the nous to use the media, giving stories and drip feeding pictures etc. The Pope visit is intended to keep the story in the public media just in the hope that someone somewhere will spot something.........afterall she is somewhere.

Its shameful that in this country snobbery would have castigated a single mother.

I hope that they find the young girl and also hope that she is being cared for by a women with mental concerns. The alternative is horrendous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here