Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Billy the Fish said:
What have African children got to do with anything? I'm sure if every african parent whose child has died or been kidnapped had the education and resources to get this much publicity then they would do it. That goes for everyone else on here as well. You can't blame them for doing it, even if it is boring and futile. We all know that she is long gone and will never be found, if keeping her in the news gives them a few more weeks of hope in their lives then who am I to bitch about it.
The portugese f***ed this up from the start, but what's done is done and all the poople still having a pop at the parents need to get over themselves, I hope karma doesn't come back to bite them on the arse

It's more the pop star thing that pisses me off (see my earlier post on page one). I dearly hope this little girl turns up unharmed, but I'm afraid I become very cynical when bands like Simple Minds re-release smash hit singles to 'help' the cause. A nice little PR job for the band.

Dick Knights Mumm said:
Shame on you.

Why on earth shame on me. I'm saying it as it is. They were negligent and their self-centred negligence has almost certainly led to the death of their child.

Shame on THEM should be what you should be writing.

Edit to add

I still think that one of them may have been responsible quite frankly. That is responsible for the actual disappearance as opposed to irresponsible which both of them patently were.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am suspicious of all the " press conferences " which makes me feel some of the family are almost enjoying the media attention, certainly financially they are made with the " my hell in Portugal " paper interviews, the chat show route with Richard and Judy and Parkinson etc and then the film right of course.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
readingstockport said:
Why on earth shame on me. I'm saying it as it is. They were negligent and their self-centred negligence has almost certainly led to the death of their child.

Shame on THEM should be what you should be writing.

Can I just clarify something readingstockport, do you have any kids?

If you do, then I'm amazed at your comments,

If you do not, then I can somewhat understand your ignorance in the matter

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
readingstockport said:
Kama did. They neglected their child so they could get pissed and have a meal and their child is almost certianly dead. I would say kama bit f***ing strongly.

I hope KARMA comes and kicks you in the bollocks for being negligent when it comes to spelling...Hope it is royally pissed with you......

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am suspicious of all the " press conferences " which makes me feel some of the family are almost enjoying the media attention, certainly financially they are made with the " my hell in Portugal " paper interviews, the chat show route with Richard and Judy and Parkinson etc and then the film right of course.
For fucks sake spielberg, your suspisions are all in your own perverted little mind. I pity you for being so cynical.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Spielberg said:
Don't worry - big brother is on now, so you'll be delighted to find that Madeleine will be knocked off the front pages for this far more important event.

Actually that isn't meant to be a dig at you (so don't flounce on my account) - but how many people whining about the coverage she has received will be LAPPING UP this big brother toss?

Wanderer said:

WTF has that got to do with anything. They went out for a meal and left their children unattended. Something I would NEVER do, either with my own children or anyone elses for that matter.
Stop playing the bleeding heart strings card and be honest about it. They were either responsible themselves or they were exceedingly irresponsible and sadly it seems their daughter has paid the price for their self-centredness.

As others have said if this were a chavvy mother from croydon they would be facing criminal charges by now.

Wanderer said:

Why is he ignorant?
I have kids and personally I believe that the McCanns were negligent beyond belief.

It is irresponsible to leave three children that age locked up alone, end of.
To say they deserve what happened would be totally uncalled for because they didn't deserve that at all.
But people are allowed to criticise them for leaving three children under the age of 4 locked up alone whilst they went for a nice meal.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Uncle Spielberg said:

Sure you will be able to give us one of your famous reviews when the film comes out ?

Do you say these things because you believe them ? Or are you really as stupid as some people on this board seem to think you are?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Billy the Fish said:
For fucks sake spielberg, your suspisions are all in your own perverted little mind. I pity you for being so cynical.

bit strong Billy but time will tell if my prediction is right, I have great sympathy for the kid, none for the parents , sorry if that does not agree with you but there you go and the insult was a bit strong, why make this personal ??? , I appricaite this evoke strong opinions on both sides but lets keep it civil please

Some good news mind, their cliff running is improving...

"Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes."

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

:nono:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
readingstockport said:
WTF has that got to do with anything. They went out for a meal and left their children unattended. Something I would NEVER do, either with my own children or anyone elses for that matter.
Stop playing the bleeding heart strings card and be honest about it. They were either responsible themselves or they were exceedingly irresponsible and sadly it seems their daughter has paid the price for their self-centredness.

As others have said if this were a chavvy mother from croydon they would be facing criminal charges by now.

I think you have actually said something that makes sense.... it is all about responsibilty, they were responsible for leaving their child unattended and are now surely, equally responsible to do everything in their power to try to find her again ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rusthall Seagull said:
Sure you will be able to give us one of your famous reviews when the film comes out ?

Do you say these things because you believe them ? Or are you really as stupid as some people on this board seem to think you are?

people can take me as they find me , I speak my mind

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Some of the comments on here really do stagger me. Yes the parents made a mistake. But for the little girl going missing then the blame lays fairly and squarley on the person(s) taking her.

Why does it bother people so much about reading it on the news. If you dont care then turn over, but to blame the parents for using every tactic to find their daughter is callous and moronic.

Some people on here almost seem to suggest that the parents deserve losing their child just because they are white and middle class.

As someone else said............shame on you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simster said:
Don't worry - big brother is on now, so you'll be delighted to find that Madeleine will be knocked off the front pages for this far more important event.

Actually that isn't meant to be a dig at you (so don't flounce on my account) - but how many people whining about the coverage she has received will be LAPPING UP this big brother toss?

Couldn't have put it better myself, actually when all is said and done we're talking about an innocent child here irrespective of who and what her parents are.

Rusthall Seagull said:
I think you have actually said something that makes sense.... it is all about responsibilty, they were responsible for leaving their child unattended and are now surely, equally responsible to do everything in their power to try to find her again ?

Believe it or not I don't blame for doing everything they can after the fact. I do blame them for the incident in the first place. And I also blame the British (mainly tabloid) press that hyped this far beyond what would have been done if it were a British Indian family for example who had lost their child in the same circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here