Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
or i pressume he will be on next to nothing anyway before some smart arse asks for a source

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
from the squad at the time of the Swansea game

2 Andrew Whing (D) - still contracted
3 Kerry Mayo (D) - released
4 Adam Hinshelwood (D) - out of contract, no news
5 Joel Lynch (D) - still contracted
6 Adam El-Abd (D) - offered new deal, not signed
7 Dean Cox (M) - still contracted
9 Nick Forster (F) - still contracted
10 Steven Thomson (M) - still contracted
12 Gary Hart (F) - released
13 John Sullivan (G) - out of contract, no news
14 Guy Butters (D) - released
15 Paul Reid (M) - released
16 Michel Kuipers (G) - triggered clause for new deal, not signed
17 Glenn Murray (F) - still contracted
18 Sam Rents (D) - released
19 Jake Robinson (F) - still contracted
20 Joe Gatting (F) - still contracted
21 Jonny Dixon (F) - still contracted
22 Tommy Fraser (M) - offered new deal and signed
23 Doug Loft (M) - offered new deal, not signed
24 Tommy Elphick (M) - still contracted
25 Scott Chamberlain (M) - out of contract, no news
26 Wes Fogden (M) - out of contract, no news
31 Shane McFaul (D) - released
33 Sam Gargan - still contracted
27 David Martot (M) - released
28 Matt Richards (D) - back to Ipswich
8 Ian Westlake (M) - back to Leeds

bizzle

May 6, 2008
The source is Sam Rents (who should of been offered a deal).

Dont no if he has accepted though, although he probably will.

Just spoke to him a min ago

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good player IN HIS DAY, Tommy Mooney. A Forster-Mooney partnership would have been MUSTARD...

...about 5 years ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm always the optimist, and like to see the POTENTIAL in everyone, but for me Wes Fogden, just doesn't have it. Still, those making the decisions know more than me about these things. Hope he proves me wrong.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Albion Release Ten Players | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest
Albion Release Ten Players
Posted on: Tue 06 May 2008

By Paul Camillin

Albion stalwarts Gary Hart, Guy Butters and Kerry Mayo are amongst ten players released by the club earlier today.

Paul Reid, Sam Rents, David Martot, Sonny Cobbs, Lloyd Skinner, Chris Winterton and Shane McFaul are the others who were told by manager Dean Wilkins they won't be offered new deals by the club this summer.

Wilkins said, "It's never easy making these type of decisions, particularly when it comes to players who have served the club so well for a number of years - but we have given each individual decision very careful consideration.

"It is the nature of the game that to be competitive we have to make these sort of tough decisions. It may sound like hollow words, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of the players for their professionalism and service to the club and wish them well for the future."

Mayo is the longest-serving of the group having been with Albion as a schoolboy and apprentice. He made his first-team debut in 1996 and kicked off this season with a testimonial against Premiership Reading.

On Saturday he came on as a substitute for his 410th game for Albion, which leaves him eighth on the club's all-time appearances list.

Hart isn't far behind Mayo at tenth in that list; he played 378 times for Albion, scoring 46 goals for the club. He made his debut at the start of the 1998/99, after famously signing for £1000 plus a set of kit.

He is expected back at Withdean for his testimonial later this summer, with details to be announced by his committee in the coming weeks.

Butters signed for Albion in 2002 from Gillingham and won the player of the season award as he helped Albion to promotion via the playoffs in 2003/04. He has played over 200 times for the club.

Reid joined Albion in 2004, and helped the club to promotion via the playoffs. He also impressed for Albion in the Championship - particularly at right-back - as the Seagulls maintained their status at that level in 2004/05. However his time under Wilkins has been blighted by injury.

Martot has been on loan from Le Havre this season and has played over 30 times; McFaul arrived in the January transfer window, but has failed to make an impact at first-team level.

Rents signed pro forms at the start of last season, but after a promising first campaign has failed to establish himself this season. Cobbs, Skinner and Winterton all signed pro this time last year, but none has managed to break through to the first team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised about Cobbs. I've personally never seen him play, but was always led to believe he was the business?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
from the squad at the time of the Swansea game

16 Michel Kuipers (G) - triggered clause for new deal, not signed
Well only time will tell, but all we can do is hope he's not happy with it and not sign. Then Wilkins may be allowed to sign a proper keeper:cool:

And a quick message to bear in mind before replying/attacking that statement ....... :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here