Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Adam (El Abd) has apparently been offered a new contract but has yet to sign it, no news on the Loftster.

Don't wish to appear over negative and cynical about Adam Hinshelwood's situation but might the Albion be better off financially if he retired (should that be outcome) whilst still being a registered player? If he recovers then great and we get a player back but if he is forced to retire but is no longer under contract then we'll get nothing from the player insurance.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd guess we're going to judge Hinsh's fitness pre-season. I think the article on his injury awhile back said he should be fine now as it was the underside of the skin that was the problem after the previous surgery? Now that's fixed he *should* be okay.

SamSeagull

Mar 10, 2008
if Adam El Abd goes we haven got many centre mids left. thought rents and reid could of done a job, and to be fair to loft he did look ok again swansea.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Haven't read all the thread, but pretty pleased with the dead wood clear out.

Some good well paid servants of the club looking for pastures new, and young guys with time to get their careers back on track if they have the talent.

Well done DK and DW. This club has to move forward and I feel today we have taken a POSITIVE step :)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...if only we could release a few from NSC at the end of every season!

paul1960

Feb 26, 2007
Sussex
Contracted:

Dean Cox
Jonny Dixon
Tommy Elphick
Nicky Forster
Tommy Fraser
Joe Gatting
Joel Lynch
Glenn Murray
Jake Robinson
Steven Thomson
Andrew Whing

Offers:
Scott Chamberlain, Adam El-Abd, Wes Fogden, Doug Loft, John Sullivan, Sam Gargan.

Unknown:
Zac Beda, Lee Bryant, Matt Foreman, Ruben French, Adam Hinshelwood, Michel Kuipers, Kane Louis, Andrew Pearson, Dan Royce, Kane Wills.

Scholars offered 1 year contracts: Louis, Pearson, Royce and Wills

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
I Think thats a disgrace to see Rents go I Always thought he was a decent player. Hopefully he'll have the last laugh on wilkins

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
And Technically How can we 'Release' Martot he wasn't even ours anyway, i thought he was a good player too. I know many of you are probably thinking i have a poor definition of 'Good player' but most of the time Martot played well especially against Gillingham

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
And to add, thats practically our reserve squad gone now, Someone add how many players we ACTUALLY Possess its absoloutley Ludacris

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Paul Reid has MUCH more to offer than Doug Loft ever will.

As for Phil McFail, somebody WELL f***ed up there, signing him in the first place

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Paul Reid has MUCH more to offer than Doug Loft ever will.

As for Phil McFail, somebody WELL f***ed up there, signing him in the first place

Was McFauls 'loan' spell ever any more than an extended trial, i think maybe not. As for Reid, how long can we carry constantly injured or not match fit players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here