Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Nope, never understood that. The agent works for the player so if the player wants to stay surely he tells the agent that he'll accept a lower offer than the agents pushhing for and that's that?

If not maybe someone would like to explain how an agent can stop a player signing.

Persuasion as the agent then gets a bigger cut

not rocket science that the most successful agents are the arsehole persuasive ones :nono:

Sonny Cobbs first choice left back.

Doubt it. He'd be more likely to play centre half and switch Lynch to LB.

I'm not surprised by the decisions so far, although I think it's a shame to have let Tank, Kerry and OGH go. I think Kerry's performances at the latter end of the season prove that he still has something to offer, and the same goes for Guy, when he's been called upon he hasn't let us down. OGH hasn't looked the same since the last injury, but I don't think he was ever fully fit since then.

Not surprised about Rents, he never looked up to it, or Reid, who looked a shadow of the player he was last time he played for the first team. Reid did look the best player on the pitch yesterday at the Sussex Senior Cup final.

McFaul was a gamble that didn't pay off and Martot has got another club, so good luck to him.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Given that the three senior players have been at the club so long, the least Wendy could have done is give them a run out for a few minutes in front of the Withdean crowd against Swansea. Between them they have about 30 years at the club, and seems petty to not give them an appropriate opportunity to say goodbye. OGH and Kerry were both leading goalscorers for one season, Tank was a model professional, and scored some great winners (West Ham away, anyone recall?), as well as being a player of the season.

Wendy is a small man, with a small mind, very disappointing of him. Did anyone else see him and Forster having a few 'words' at the end of the match on Saturday?

Thankfully Brighton is a professional football club and not Jim'll Fix it !!!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
sorry to see some of these go but it's the right thing

to free up harty,mayo,reidy and guy's wages gives us some scoop to bring a couple of players in

just because we have let mayo and rents go doesn't mean richards is on his way! there are plenty more left backs out there !

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Is it now Winterton's time to sit on the bench for a year and never get a chance?

There should be separate threads on here for three greats, the long-serving Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart, and that affable gentleman, man of the people (posting on here and other Albion sites) Guy Butters.

Three GREATS who deserve our wholehearted appreciation, in my opinion.

edit; I see there's one thread for all three - will pop over and post now :>)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Is it now Winterton's time to sit on the bench for a year and never get a chance?

In football you dont get given a chance you have to earn it.

That is why they train daily to try to impress enough to get picked for a youth or reserve game.

They then have to impress enough in those games for them to be considered a viable choice if their counterpart in the first team does not perform to the level the coaching staff feel that player might do.

It is a tough path to the first team, granted in recent years it might of become slightly less difficult, but to want the club to throw around opportunities for no obvious footballing reasons is madness.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
WANTS? source?

He told me that a couple of weeks ago, he said he would love to sign for Brighton, he loves the place, the fans, and his family is in Essex so would be convenient for him.

Also, he dislikes it a lot at Leeds, only went there cos the money on offer was too good to turn down. He particuarly liked the balance of Youth and experience at the club, I guess that's been blown now.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm shocked by Reid, decent player.
Not so sure I wold have let Butters or Rents go but the rest I can understand.

So does anybody know the definates of who is staying and who isn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Always a shame to see the stalwarts released, but the time is right for a clearout and this was always going to be the case once they brought Lloyd in as a full-time scout. I'm hoping he's spotted a few nuggets on his scandenavian tour, as those players often seem to adapt to the english game particuarly well.

A big thanks to OGH and Kerry of course, and an even BIGGER thanks to Guy - who has helped bring through two of the finest young centrebacks in the division. Joel Lynch and Tommy Elphick are Guys legacy at the club. They would not have progressed and flourished to the players they have become without the steady influence and guidance of the Big Guy next to them.

Good work fella :clap:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
So technically at the moment we have no left fullback at the club?

I wonder how much it would have hurt to have had Garry Hart, Kerry Mayo and Guy Butters on the bench and all came on with 10 minutes to go?

I think the treatment of Guy Butters is shoddy really. If he was not going to keep him why didnt he let Guy go to Gillingham when everything had been agreed ? Also why not let Garry hart stay at Havant. What was the point in recalling him?
dave since harty come back and we stopped guy going to the gills they have both been involved.
if guy had gone we would have left ourselves very short at the back with el abd already out and since then joel has been injured as well which would have only left tommy elphick and wendy would have got slated on here if he'd let that happen.
as for harty im convinced he would rather have been playing for us then on loan at havant for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here