Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

Originally Posted by mendoza
so confirmed players still left are??

Keepers - Kuipers, Winterton

Defenders - Elphick, Lynch, Whing

Midfielders - Cox, Robinson, Thomson, Fraser, Skinner

Strikers - Murray, Forster, Gatting, DixonLoft?

GATTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::laugh::tosser:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
when did we last have a clearout of this MAGNITUDE?

The upside could be that funds will be made available for younger replacements as if we were really strapped I imagine some of those players would have been offered a contract of sorts even at reduced wages.

The last clearout was under Adams when we had a budget that turned out to be the 2nd highest in the division. We obviously won't be THAT big spending this time but I can't imagine we'd be letting that many players go without being pretty certain of funding decent replacements...would we ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Guess we are looking for 2 LB in an ideal world now.

Bit suprised about Reid.

I'm happy with the clear out , we've been needing this for a while. Butters , Hart and Mayo have been excellant and I don't think they can complain about anything.

Sure indication we are going to be signing players all over the shop.

Exciting summer hopefully !!

seagulls!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
This MUST mean some pretty decent signings are on their way - hopefuly Matt Richards at left back :clap2:

There has been a lot of pressure in recent seasons. Not just at the Albion, but other clubs as well - to bring in fresh players during pre-season that can make a difference to the team.

I believe that pressure will so much greater this season following the clear out and the sooner we see fresh faces, the sooner people will be able to relax for next season

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sonny Cobbs first choice left back.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wouldn't be suprised if Sullivan is released. He should have been given a chance.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Only if i actually get chance to speak to the actual player will i ever post things about them on here :lolol:
How many players would say they're not too fussed about the club and probably won't sign?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pass but haven't heard any of them say that :whisky:

But for some they want to stay but agents greed pushes them out

Nope, never understood that. The agent works for the player so if the player wants to stay surely he tells the agent that he'll accept a lower offer than the agents pushing for and that's that?

If not maybe someone would like to explain how an agent can stop a player signing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mayo and Rents playing at Lewes next season perhaps and if we keep Hinshelwood will presumably be on a play as you go contract or loan him out so his wages are at least partly covered?
Butters to Havant & Waterlooville maybe although I'd hoped we might bring him onto the coaching staff.
Can't see us keeping Loft or Sullivan

Exciting times ahead in the transfer market:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here