Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
McFaul looks more and more like a PR stunt to lessen the blow of losing Hammond...

Still, I think the players we are letting go are the right ones and we can hopefully look forward to signing half a dozen BETTER players and pushing for PROMOTION.

Why would the club need to bother with such a PR stunt?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is sad to see players leave, I would certainly wish them all well for the future, wherever life may take them. However, this thread pretty much sums up NSC, at the end of every season the fans call for a massive clear out to free up funds to bring in new players, well you have got what you want...yet some are still not happy.

We will now see a pretty large change in the dynamics of the squad for next season, who is to say that some of those who are brought in will not be better than what we already have, that the players who remain may find themselves warming the bench or turning out for the stiffs.

It is now up to the board to back DW with funds to fill the gaps that have been created.

Onwards and upwards!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because Knight was under a lot of pressure, and said something about 5 signings on the radio....
Well it wasn't a very well conceived PR stunt then, people were complaining from the moment he signed, he was young, free, and they'd never heard of him. I find it far more plausible that we took a punt on an unproven young player which didn't work out.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
So technically at the moment we have no left fullback at the club?

I wonder how much it would have hurt to have had Garry Hart, Kerry Mayo and Guy Butters on the bench and all came on with 10 minutes to go?

I think the treatment of Guy Butters is shoddy really. If he was not going to keep him why didnt he let Guy go to Gillingham when everything had been agreed ? Also why not let Garry hart stay at Havant. What was the point in recalling him?

i am also a bit sad at martot going...I actually rated him.

this squad is very thin now and it will be interested how many replace the following:

racon
westlake
richards
butters
hart
mayo
mcfaul
reid
rents
martot

10 players most of them experienced is quite a clear out

Dave, you have to let the players go to free up wages and we can then start bringing in new players...thats where you'll see what Barry Lloyd has been doing.

It's sad to see the older pros, but we are moving ever nearer to Falmer now and we need new faces!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Kerry,OGH, Big Guy & Reidy :clap: for all you've given for the club, but if we're going to progress, the time is right to let them go and the others who've proved to be not up to the job.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave, you have to let the players go to free up wages and we can then start bringing in new players...thats where you'll see what Barry Lloyd has been doing.

It's sad to see the older pros, but we are moving ever nearer to Falmer now and we need new faces!

I am not saying its wrong that we have cleared players out at all. I am just a bit saddened that Wilkins didnt give Martot, Butters and Hart a run out on saturday as a thanks.

I just hope there is money available for transfers or loans...especially as Falmer is now a reality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here