Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
So technically we dont have ANY left backs!!

It would be just like this club to cock up the Richards tansfer somehow (assuming he is set to sign)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Wasn't McFaul signed as 'one for the future'? Funny to release somebody so quickly, if he wasn't told right up front what the score was, he'd have a right to feel a bit messed about I think.

Surprised at Rents as well - that does rather suggest they're going for Richards permanently.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Martot it seems has had a better offer, Metz were in the top division in France this season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
McFaul looks more and more like a PR stunt to lessen the blow of losing Hammond...

Still, I think the players we are letting go are the right ones and we can hopefully look forward to signing half a dozen BETTER players and pushing for PROMOTION.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
We were all told there would be a clearout this summer, so I'm not surprised at all by the players we are getting rid of. I reckon there will be more to come as well.

I'm sad to see Hart, Mayo and Butters go. They have been great servants to this club, and I wish them all the best for the future.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
So who are we still waiting to hear about?

Sullivan
Loft
Fogden
Gargan
Chamberlain
Cobbs
Hinshelwood

Now we have let Mayo, Hart, Butters, Rents, Reid, Martot & McFaul go are we going to make offers for Westlake, Racon or Richards.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Respect to OGH, he's never given less than 100% and I wish him all the best.

Likewise Kerry, who's been at the Albion forever - the last survivor of Hereford 97. It's the end of an era.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So technically at the moment we have no left fullback at the club?

I wonder how much it would have hurt to have had Garry Hart, Kerry Mayo and Guy Butters on the bench and all came on with 10 minutes to go?

I think the treatment of Guy Butters is shoddy really. If he was not going to keep him why didnt he let Guy go to Gillingham when everything had been agreed ? Also why not let Garry hart stay at Havant. What was the point in recalling him?

i am also a bit sad at martot going...I actually rated him.

this squad is very thin now and it will be interested how many replace the following:

racon
westlake
richards
butters
hart
mayo
mcfaul
reid
rents
martot

10 players most of them experienced is quite a clear out

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Likewise Kerry, who's been at the Albion forever - the last survivor of Hereford 97. It's the end of an era.
Nearly the end of the double Championship winning side as well. Kuipers is the only one left.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Butters, Mayo et al did ENOUGH when they came in.

BUT I doubt we will see a host of TOP League 1 clubs coming in for them. We need to aim to be going for promotion next season so I think this clear-out makes perfect sense.

Kerry has never given less than 100% for The Albion-never publicly threw his toys out of the pram when dropped for long periods. Hopefully will be part of the opening festivities at the East Brighton Stadium.

Ditto Tank.

Ditto OGH who may be calling WC Nige for that warehouse job!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
So technically at the moment we have no left fullback at the club?

I wonder how much it would have hurt to have had Garry Hart, Kerry Mayo and Guy Butters on the bench and all came on with 10 minutes to go?

I think the treatment of Guy Butters is shoddy really. If he was not going to keep him why didnt he let Guy go to Gillingham when everything had been agreed ? Also why not let Garry hart stay at Havant. What was the point in recalling him?

i am also a bit sad at martot going...I actually rated him.

this squad is very thin now and it will be interested how many replace the following:

racon
westlake
richards
butters
hart
mayo
mcfaul
reid
rents
martot

10 players most of them experienced is quite a clear out

We don't need a left back for nearly three months.

Guy's treatment is only shoddy if he thinks it is.

In my opinion we can only make a proper judgement on whether the right release decisions have been made when we see who the replacements are and we have seen them play.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that the three senior players have been at the club so long, the least Wendy could have done is give them a run out for a few minutes in front of the Withdean crowd against Swansea. Between them they have about 30 years at the club, and seems petty to not give them an appropriate opportunity to say goodbye. OGH and Kerry were both leading goalscorers for one season, Tank was a model professional, and scored some great winners (West Ham away, anyone recall?), as well as being a player of the season.

Wendy is a small man, with a small mind, very disappointing of him. Did anyone else see him and Forster having a few 'words' at the end of the match on Saturday?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
We don't need a left back for nearly three months.

Guy's treatment is only shoddy if he thinks it is.

In my opinion we can only make a proper judgement on whether the right release decisions have been made when we see who the replacements are and we have seen them play.

If we don't get Richards then i would rather get a replacement within the month to train with the side not just bung him in at the start of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here