Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's always a shame to see stalwarts shown the door but all things must pass. Frankly I can't see Hinch being kept on as it's clear that injury prone players are not being kept, that's the only reason I can see for Reid being let go.

Still thanks fellers, good luck with the rest of your careers.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree with most here, that it's a shame to see most of them go as they have served us well. There's not one there who you thought of as a tosser and glad to see the bak off.

That said however, Dean Wilkins has done what not many managers have done in recent years, and had a massive clearout. They obviously have a number of targets for next season, and personally although I feel for the players that are axed, I think it is the right way forward for us.

I would be very surprised if any of the others get contracts. If they do I would except Loft for a year, and Hinslewood for 3 months, and cant pass judgement one most of the youngsters, but would except Sullivan to go, as I know Dean Wilkins is keen on signing a new number one for next season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im sure Big Guy will end up at Gillingham or Bournemouth or something definately got another season in him i think.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mayo, Hart and Big Guy have alll served this club extremely well and I've got nothing but praise and admiration for all of them. I also agree with the rest of the decisions Wilkins has taken.

Furthermore, I'm pleased that Dean has acted quickly and decisively. This gives those axed players the maximum amount of time to sort out their football future (a smaller point is that it also means kids don't waste their money on redundant names on backs of replica shirts).

I've always thought that we've assembled our squads too late - often 2 or 3 matches into pre-season, although I accept financial considerations have played their part.

We stand a better chance of promotion if all big signings / clearance has been finalised by late July - you want your players returning for pre-season with all potentially devisive matters out of the way.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think this is fantastic news, obviously it's sad to see people like OGH, Mayo and Tank all leave as they have been fantastic for us over the last few years (and more!) but DK must really feel he is capable of attracting players who are equally as good or better to the club, otherwise he wouldn't have released the likes of Kerry and Guy.

I can sense an influx of good league one players in the near future and none of this "one for the future" rubbish either. I'm glad we have gotten rid of all the players who can't play at this level anymore, rather than keeping them and letting them rot in the reserves.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bit surprised OGH wasn't given a proper send off.
When the dust settles he'll be regarded as an ABSOLUTE LEGEND of BHAFC.
My all-time favorite player.

Thanks to them all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree with all the departures, bar Butters and Reid. Guy still has enough to offer as a squad player, and Reid looked really strong in the reserve game I saw recently [at right back - where we have ZERO cover for Whing as things stand].

I'd like to echo what Easy 10 said about Guy's tutoring of the young centre halfs. In 20 years, up until Guy's era, Darren Newman was the only half decent CB we've brought through to the first team. In Guy's time there have been Hinsh, Lynch, El Abd and Elphick. I'm sure that's no coincidence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can sense an influx of good league one players in the near future and none of this "one for the future" rubbish either.

............I can sense an influx of scandinavians topped up with a few french or swiss "ones for the future"

....didn't expect Loft to survive though - must be the shock of the day :laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure there will be plenty of 'antis' to the Loft news. I thought he looked okay on Saturday and is probably on next to nothing. Its all about worth v cost, after all.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm sure there will be plenty of 'antis' to the Loft news. I thought he looked okay on Saturday and is probably on next to nothing. Its all about worth v cost, after all.

quite right and a very fair point but still a surprise. At least we can be sure that he will be giving 100% plus next season as he must be aware that he is standing right by the exit door of the Last Chance Saloon

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i think lofty has improved this year and as hans says he is on next to nothing

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
............I can sense an influx of scandinavians topped up with a few french or swiss "ones for the future"

....didn't expect Loft to survive though - must be the shock of the day :laugh:

Surely the shock of the day is that we have posted hundreds of comments about some information from a newspaper that is usually derided on this site, and not a peep from the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here