Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council Cabinet Meeting on Thursday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lord Bracknell said:
My translation:-

Solihull Council spends £229 million a year and thinks spending £150,000 (0.07 per cent of its total spend) on a Judicial Review is "irresponsible".

Lewes District Council spends £11 million a year and thinks it's not worth consulting its residents about £150,000 (1.4 per cent of its total budget).

Yeah, it's not a like-for-like comparison. Proportionally, Lewes are prepared to take 21 times the financial risk that Solihull rejected as "irresponsible".
Hmm.
Yours is better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lord Bracknell said:
We will hear more from Lewes District Council and the Falmer For All team on Southern Counties Radio tomorrow morning.
Aw gawd, I suppose that means that on my way to work tomorrow I'll be wading through a tedious morass of interviews with bottlecap collectors, tips on how to knit a scarf, and a 20 minute feature on some bloke from Peacehaven who's built a birdtable out of pasta shells. All punctuated in between with some nauseating, vomit-inducing "gentle banter" between Neil Pringle and the traffic girl.

:shootself

Last edited:

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Received by e-mail from Tim Carder
.................................................................................
Received from Lewes District Council

Don't panic - stay calm!

Tim

Subject: PRESS RELEASE - FALMER

Date: Thursday 24 November 2005
Media: PR 566

Falmer Decision Flawed

John Prescott's decision to grant planning permission for a new football stadium at Falmer is to be challenged in the High Court because it conflicts with his own government's planning guidance designed to protect Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty against this sort of development and because a number of important planning issues were either overlooked, or were not properly considered.

Before deciding to challenge the decision, the Cabinet of Lewes District Council took independent legal advice from a barrister. They also took account of the fact that two independent and highly experienced Planning Inspectors recommended against the Falmer site.

The District Council has never argued that the Albion should not have a new stadium and believes there are alternative sites available which are more suitable for this development.

Because the matter will now be subject to a decision of the High Court, the District Council does not intend to issue any further statements at this stage, whether oral or written.
Ends/

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The following press release from Lewes District Council has just popped up in my inbox:

-starts-
Falmer Decision Flawed

John Prescott's decision to grant planning permission for a new football stadium at Falmer is to be challenged in the High Court because it conflicts with his own government's planning guidance designed to protect Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty against this sort of development and because a number of important planning issues were either overlooked, or were not properly considered.

Before deciding to challenge the decision, the Cabinet of Lewes District Council took independent legal advice from a barrister. They also took account of the fact that two independent and highly experienced Planning Inspectors recommended against the Falmer site.

The District Council has never argued that the Albion should not have a new stadium and believes there are alternative sites available which are more suitable for this development.

Because the matter will now be subject to a decision of the High Court, the District Council does not intend to issue any further statements at this stage, whether oral or written.
Ends/

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
How much more of my council tax is being used to fight for something they shouldn't even be fighting..........:censored: :censored: :censored:

I think we should be protesting at the next full meeting of Lewes District Council. This is a disgrace :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bakesy said:
How much more of my council tax is being used to fight for something they shouldn't even be fighting..........:censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm furious. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
roz said:
And how crafty to try and play the "Sub-judice Card", too. :censored:

Surely there's no 'sub judice' ruling here: this is a civil matter heard by a judge: Lewes might not want to talk about it but there's no legal barrier for them doing so.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But surely the piece of land will cease to be an AONB as soon as the national park is agreed.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
seeing as ldc have not even had the decency to reply to my objection, i am considering trying to get their attention in another way.........i am seriously thinking about cancelling my direct debit for my council tax payments and letting them take me to court were i can publicly state my reason for witholding payment. what dya reckon.........good idea, stupid idea?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
dougdeep said:
But surely the piece of land will cease to be an AONB as soon as the national park is agreed.
it ceased to be an AONB when they put 4 lanes of A27 through it and a bloody great uni building

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
So Lewis district council have gone back on their original statement of accepting no matter what the decision was of the ODPM. Tosspots the lot of them. Can we have them up as guys for the next Lewes bonfire night:flameboun :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here