Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council Cabinet Meeting on Thursday

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The answer you'll probably get will be...

Dear Lordship

After considerably lengthy talks with counsel, all we can say at this time is

f*** off, Mr Knowitall.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine Knight
District Solicitor

:lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
BUTTERBALL said:
All those in the LDC area should e-mail the council (I already have) and urge them not to waste any more of our money on a futile excercise.
i have registered my thoughts with LDC (almost a week ago) and have yet to receive a reply

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done LB for keeping us informed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
seagullion said:
i have registered my thoughts with LDC (almost a week ago) and have yet to receive a reply

And me.

Easy please do send a letter in to the Argus.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I e-mailed my counsellor and got this response:-

Dear Mr Redhead,
please accept my apologies for my previous e mail with reference to the Falmer enquiry, I unfortunately had my meeting dates crossed as I am aware that there was a planning meeting this evening and was not sure if the enquiries recieved where going to be mentioned at that.
As previously stated I have circulated your E mail to all Councillors for their information and I am sure that they will take those comments on board when making any decision.
yours sincerely
Cllr Tracy Willis

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Any decision to made in private to commit public funds to a Judicial Review would surely in itself be subject to a different Judicial Review.

Should this legal theory be pertinent, and this course of action actually take place, then all someone need do is apply to the Courts for a injunction banning LDC from commiting public funds until it has been discussed in public - which would almost certainly take the decision date past December 9.

But it is late, and I am tired, and I am not a lawyer, so I could be talking bollocks. As usual.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
If you're talking bollocks, you are half way to BECOMING a lawyer.

:eek:

Her indoors is a planning lawyer and ..

.... I need a shirt ironed for the morning, so I have to disagree

:(

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
How long till they have to decide about taking it to a JC?

Ta:wave:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Lewes DC appeal decision?

I have heard they will decide today whether or not ot appeal.
Anyone heard anything?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eric Huxam for Falmer parish council suggested this morning that the Secretary of state had rejected the findings of 3 (three) separate inspectors.

Does that mean the last inspector also thought Falmer war a bad idea?

Ed.....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Meeting isn't until later today, and put a f***ing question mark at the end of your thread title would ya.

My understanding is that, on the basis of the advice received from Counsel, Lewes District Council's officers are recommending that the Council go ahead with an application for Judicial Review.

The Cabinet is likely to approve that recommendation this afternoon.

They do not appear to be intending to set aside any particular sum of money to fund the Judicial Review, but the councillors are being warned that, if the Council loses the case, they will be liable to pay not only their own legal fees, but the legal costs incurred by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister in contesting the case.

In their confidential report to the Cabinet, Lewes District Council's officers have put no figure on the possible costs that might be incurred by the council.

In other words, they are about to gamble with a substantial sum of council tax payers' money.

dave the gaffer said:
Eric Huxam for Falmer parish council suggested this morning that the Secretary of state had rejected the findings of 3 (three) separate inspectors.

Does that mean the last inspector also thought Falmer war a bad idea?

Ed.....
No. He merely reported that none of the other sites was suitable.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Lord Bracknell said:
In other words, they are about to gamble with a substantial sum of council tax payers' money.

I hope all Lewes based fans are prepping their suitably outraged responses to this wanton recklessness with public money?

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
My understanding is that, on the basis of the advice received from Counsel, Lewes District Council's officers are recommending that the Council go ahead with an application for Judicial Review.

For crying out loud, will this never end :nono: All those Albion fans within Lewes District Council's wards seriously need to make their voices heard more so now, so these buggers don't use public money to fund this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

They do not appear to be intending to set aside any particular sum of money to fund the Judicial Review, but the councillors are being warned that, if the Council loses the case, they will be liable to pay not only their own legal fees, but the legal costs incurred by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister in contesting the case.

In their confidential report to the Cabinet, Lewes District Council's officers have put no figure on the possible costs that might be incurred by the council.

Maybe it's time for all of you LDC council tax payers to refuse to pay it because you don't approve of their actions?

Imagine the publicity that would get...

What would they do-jail a couple of thousand of you?:lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here